One For Older Bears...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be the 69 Cup semi Final. Was in the Jungle ! Was it not 6-1?

Correct. I remember it so clearly because we wore blue socks with white tops - bizarre, I know.

Love your sig, by the way - that day at Easter Road was one of the greatest days of my 54 years watching Rangers.

Used to love the smell of the subway walking down to the platform, then the sash bash on the way to Ibrox with the odd wee wumin tut tutting, and some of the night games when the fog came down and you couldn't see the far away goals, fuck me that was real fog back in them days.

Correct. I remember it so clearly because we wore blue socks with white tops - bizarre, I know.

Love your sig, by the way - that day at Easter Road was one of the greatest days of my 54 years watching Rangers.

My memory is not great. I don't remember the blue socks! Yeah I love the sig too!

Never forget the reaction to the half time score board showing septic 0 partick 41971 was the year league cup final at hampden, Ibrox erupted in scenes of joyIt was breaking news in those days you never knew what was going on elsewhereHappy days.

Best non Rangers game I ever attended, and before you accuse me I was with all my Thistle supporting mates, (yes there were more than two of them back then) LOL.

That would be the 69 Cup semi Final. Was in the Jungle ! Was it not 6-1?

Was at that game with my dad, surprised no one got killed with all the shoving at the turnstiles trying to get into the ground. IIRC Wee Bud scored three that day, one was a cracker right into the top corner in front of the Rangers end. Have searched in vain for that game on youube.

Was at that game with my dad, surprised no one got killed with all the shoving at the turnstiles trying to get into the ground. IIRC Wee Bud scored three that day, one was a cracker right into the top corner in front of the Rangers end. Have searched in vain for that game on youube.

Dont think Ive ever seen it on any video.

Who remembers the guy with the black crombie and ginger hair who sold the Orange tapes? He stood across from the Masonic

Here lies a soldier he used to shout

This was early 80s

Or Pastor Jack Glass selling The Scottish Protestant View outside the ground.

Or the adult ball "boy" at Muirton Park. Keen as feck. Chased every ball like a greyhound out the trap. Nowadays we would politely say he was "special needs".

In the seventies cup finals or old firm games that were near full houses at Hampden, Ibrox or the Piggery. Queuing up to get in you could hear the singing from outside and as you got up the stairs you were swept in with the crush and as you could just see the pitch the volume rose to unbelievable levels and the whole packed terracing end bouncing up and down would burst into HALLO, HALLO.

Going to the football seemed magical in those days.

Great memories especially having to ask someone who had bought a programme to find out the half time scores. The other thing was that you used to always stand around the same area each game and got to know the guys around you.

Also if you went underneath the old Derry for a pee the piss used to be dropping down from the terracing above you so you never wore good clothes to a match back then especially at Hampden after they put the cover on our end. When we scored it would take about 5 minutes for the black dust to settle usually up our noses and on our shoulders and in our hair.

Hey maybe that was the start of smoke bombs at matches.

:P

In the seventies cup finals or old firm games that were near full houses at Hampden, Ibrox or the Piggery. Queuing up to get in you could hear the singing from outside and as you got up the stairs you were swept in with the crush and as you could just see the pitch the volume rose to unbelievable levels and the whole packed terracing end bouncing up and down would burst into HALLO, HALLO.

Going to the football seemed magical in those days.

Although looking back it could be pretty dangerous, it was exciting as hell! The Rangers end at Hampden and the piggery was something to behold!

Whos the Derry?

Were the Derry !

F the pope and the Virgin Merry!

Derry Rule

derry Kill

Derry rule the effin world!

hahaha

I am a Billy Im no so Effin Silly!

I am a Billy no a tim!

Its ok to swear on here mate. Watch - fuck shit twat pishy cuntflaps

Heaven bestowed all his gifts with a smile,

The left foot, the right foot, the noddle.

When you can buy all these wonderful things,

Then you can buy Willie Waddle.

After Follow, Follow, this was the first song I learned, aged 4! Wisnae yesterday, alas, alas, alas.

My old man used to sing that.