*** Official Betting Thread ***

Creampuff

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

My Accas have been so bad this season, I'm going silly:

My advice would be to refine it down to a couple of doubles and trebles, I know your pain; If I had stuck to Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick (most gut feeling about) I'd have been laughing last week; instead I git humped with Rangers or some other such bullshit.

I notice you picked up on Alloa being overpriced; when I see the bookies get a lower league Scottish match wrong like that I start to wonder what they know that I don't but on form Alloa should win HT/FT at 12/5 (way too high even though it was higher). 

Another to consider is Morton, I never get Morton right with everything else but their form is very good right now (beat Killie and Hamilton away). Falkirk are patchy and while it's just my luck they'll resume business today and beat Morton 2-1, I just think Morton might cause a wee upset today at 13/8 at home.

I looked at Livi and wouldn't put you off it but they are like the 4th tier of this country, form doesn't stack at all (imo), they'll win 5-1 away from home against top of the league then lose 2-0 at home to 2nd bottom. 

26 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

My advice would be to refine it down to a couple of doubles and trebles, I know your pain; If I had stuck to Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick (most gut feeling about) I'd have been laughing last week; instead I git humped with Rangers or some other such bullshit.

I notice you picked up on Alloa being overpriced; when I see the bookies get a lower league Scottish match wrong like that I start to wonder what they know that I don't but on form Alloa should win HT/FT at 12/5 (way too high even though it was higher). 

Another to consider is Morton, I never get Morton right with everything else but their form is very good right now (beat Killie and Hamilton away). Falkirk are patchy and while it's just my luck they'll resume business today and beat Morton 2-1, I just think Morton might cause a wee upset today at 13/8 at home.

I looked at Livi and wouldn't put you off it but they are like the 4th tier of this country, form doesn't stack at all (imo), they'll win 5-1 away from home against top of the league then lose 2-0 at home to 2nd bottom. 

Sound advice. Thank you.

I don't usually put too much thought into them. A wee bit of history and a wee bit of gut.

My main accas are actually all trebles. I usually look for 3 homes offering 3/1 - 5/1 in total if I am going to just leave them alone. If I am going to be hanging around the house and in position to act during the games, I might go higher total odds on teams that are unpredictable, or away from home, in the expectation of cashing out if a couple of them get ahead. Again though, no science to it with me.

I usually also just go for wins but have decided to start mixing it up for fun. Last season was the first time I have bet on the football for about 7 or 8 years. Started with a bank of £500 for the season and ended with £1500 but that was mainly down to Rangers great start to the season and the Bet365 risk-free in-plays.

I also 100% agree about the unpredictability of the lower leagues. I usually stick to the top 3 leagues in England and top 2 in Scotland. The Alloa and Livi bets are really just difficult to pass up due to recent history in those fixtures. Last season Dunfermline and Peterhead screwed me royally in the second half of the season due to their erratic results after a commanding mid-season run.

I am a real novice though and really appreciate seeing advice and tips from others, so thanks again.

12 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Leyton Orient currently screwing me out of £1300 despite 18 attempts on goal and 60% possession:power_of_anguish:

Tragic mate, wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I've done ok today (maybe quadrupled my money?!) but I tell you one thing, Dundee Utd are fucking at it, they scuppered me the day for al sorts of cash (none as big as yourself but none the less many tons).

Could have been a fucking sickener if I hadn't been keeping a close eye on Morton - went for it but got chipped away at and lost an equaliser like they did against St Mirren, looking like a top six side at least though.