What Number Were Ye?

Moobs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always preferred 6 or 10, played best in the midfield or not too wide either side. Never a goalkeeper (mostly for headbangers), and did not like playing in set position full back, centre forward or winger as liked to be involved in the game all the time, and liked shouting at other players around me as I could read the game pretty well and liked the freedom to adapt position. (Saw myself as Alex MacDonald when grafting, and Johann Neeskens when turning on the style ;) )

In the High School team number 2. Tended to play right back, until we went to 3 at the back when it was in fashion in the mid 90s, then I played the right of the 3. Good wee team. We won the Renfrewshire schools championship.

In later years turned into more of an all round midfielder, until the age of about 32, at which point I became, inexplicably, suddenly very shite.

Played mainly on the right and as I've got older I've been pushed up more. Started at RB, number 2. Then in the high school team I got put to right mid/wing, was number 17. And now I'm 24 up top/CAM. Played centre half for one team for a wee bit and I was 19. Had a few different numbers with shinty as well

Number 9.still playing pub football on a Sunday

Used to love Sunday football after playin for the good team on Saturday. Just a bunch of cunts burst from the night before. Some spewin half way through the 1st half. Played at the back with this older guy for a few games. Second half started and he was running about still holdin his fag. Ref booked him lol