Which Team In Scotland Can Actually Stop Us?

rosco88

Hearts would beat us at the moment.

They are so physical and I think they would bully us out of any game we played against them at the moment.

The St Johnstone game also showed how a well organised team with a bit of pace can give us a hard time too.

It's far too soon to be asking who can stop us because we are still very much a work in progress.

Hearts are very good at set pieces and crosses into the box which is another of our big weaknesses.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are playing shite teams in the 2nd division, there are other threads tonight praising McKay and Wallace to the high heavens, I didn't see one decent delivery into the box from either of them, especially Wallace in the second half, although neither played badly. People need to calm down, the real test will come next year.

We are a good team but our lack of defence leaves us vulnerable even against poor teams.....if we take our chances we can beat anyone in this country, Celtic are the only ones IMO who could cause damage but I think we are more than good enough to cause them big problems.

I think Hearts would be more of a challenge than the cellic.

Hearts have a good mix of pace power and intelligence, if they could add a bit of consistency they would be right up there IMO. I don't think were that far away. Bit of steel in the middle and pace at the back combined with a striker (only cause a think Waghorn is fantastic on the wing) we will be right up there next season.

We will get back to the top but threads like this are a bit mental.

Thus far we are relatively unchallenged and are scoring goals fairly freely this season.

However we are prone to losing goals easily and could be sharper.

I think right now we would give most teams a game but we are far from unstoppable. Our side is still very young and IMO will grow from strength to strength but we (despite some excellent football) have a bit to go.

To finish, I expect us to challenge when we go back up but that means adding quality, we are not miles behind the mhanks but we ARE behind them.

Us on a good day vs them on a good day - one winner (for now)

They are shite, no 2 ways about it, but if you want to brush them off so easily and blindly over-hype us then feel free but more fool you.

I'm not over hyping us, I am being realistic.

They beat us 2-0 with one of our worst teams in history. We are a far better team.

Mental thread. Retain some humility and accept where we are.

We're hammering teams in the Scottish Championship but it wasn't long ago we got put out the cup by St Johnstone and beat by Falkirk. We're a work in progress.

This summer, with some more shrewd acquisitions I hope we will be in a position to challenge the scum from the outset next season but right now if we got them in the cup they would, rightly so, be favourites. Anyway, let's get past Killie first before we start thinking about anything else.

With a continuation of the progress, a good pre season and a few more players in, I think we will have the beating of anyone in the top league and do it consistently. Just now we can beat anyone on our day, but just don't make enough of the possession we have at the edge of the box, and nearly every team can score against us.

We need to rightfully get back into the place that we were

from the start - warburton is the perfect manager level headed

and goes about it as a rangers manager should act. no bold preditions and no drama when we lose

That,s how I want our manager to be and we should all be behind that.

St Johnstone was a turning point night for the reality that standard aint good enough.

The day we win the Spl again will be the only day no one could stop us.

According to the stats, we were the far better team to st johnstone. If we had a CDM that day I think the outcome would have been far different, not to mention they were as clinical as hell. Does Hearts not have pretty much the same team as last year, I was not at all impressed with them last season. It just goes to show how poor the spl really is, if they can go straight up and start challenging. I think we would give any team a run for there money on our day especially if we get O' halloran and Diagouraga.

According to the stats, we were the far better team to st johnstone. If we had a CDM that day I think the outcome would have been far different, not to mention they were as clinical as hell. Does Hearts not have pretty much the same team as last year, I was not at all impressed with them last season. It just goes to show how poor the spl really is, if they can go straight up and start challenging. I think we would give any team a run for there money on our day especially if we get O' halloran and Diagouraga.

The only stat that matters in a game of football is the score.

Still think we have a soft centre.

Saw a bit of hearts vs sheep and think right now hearts would bully us right off our game.

Dont get me wrong i am enjoying our play atm but think we need a bit more steel to alllow us to mix it when the need arrives.

This 100 times. Mentioned on another thread that Hertz pushed the sheep all over the place AND were first to every ball. We have come a long way but still have a bit to go. We need a bit more dig in midfield.

St Johnstone.

Yip and Kilmarnock should provide a tougher test than Dumbarton Cowdenbeath or Livingston.

People mouthing of now are just asking for humiliation.

Wait until the end of the season and then make comments that can be backed up by cold hard facts.

We are in the middle of a good run against weak opposition just now but it wasn't too long ago our form was poor.

I would like to see us beat Kilmarnock and then draw Hearts or the scum at home for the quarter final to see how good we are and which players have it in big games.

We are a good Championship side but our record against premier sides is played 1 lost 1. If we are as good as some think then we should have a chance of winning the cup or at least getting to the semis or final.

I will be delighted to go all the way in the cup but it is very much hope as opposed to expectation at this stage.

Warburton is doing a good job but this is only stage 1 and you have to walk before you can run.