Danny Wilson

Bearsden bear

Not sure if its a confidence thing or that, but feel Danny Wilsons decision making at times and positional play is puzzling.

He had a great season with the jambos last year but i think he is toiling right now. I am still hopeful its just a temporary loss of form but imo he used isnt performing to the expected level.

Thoughts guys?

Not sure if its a confidence thing or that, but feel Danny Wilsons decision making at times and positional play is puzzling.

He had a great season with the jambos last year but i think he is toiling right now. I am still hopeful its just a temporary loss of form but imo he used isnt performing to the expected level.

Thoughts guys?

Doesn't matter how many threads there are on this subject.

I will maintain my right to say he is pish in every single one of them

:)

My thoughts are get off his back.

He was decent today, allbeit he had not much to do. He wasn't fault for their goal, he scored himself and he didn't waste the ball as much as he had been.

It was a good day for him.

How is that getting on his back ? .He doesn't look in here for comments .He is rank and if he is here next season .We are struggling

He played well for Hearts last year, I don't know if its having to do it all again to get back to the top division is affecting his motivation.

But I know what you mean about decision making. First half today he swept up a through ball on the left touchline and instead of playing a simple 10 yard pass to McKay he carried the ball an extra few yards and ran into trouble. Think he might be trying to hard to impress. I think he will come good next season after promotion though.

I'm sure that Davie Weir is as good a judge as anyone on CB's and how good they are, if Wilson was really as bad as some people try to make out then Weir wouldn't have signed Wilson. (Weir has literally played alongside Wilson for Rangers before)

I thought Wilson looked just as good or on the same level as Kiernan today. People make out like he is some sort of Moshni which just isn't true.

In my bets, Wilson will rise to the challenge and be a strong CB in the premiership with Robbie & possibly Crooks.

My thoughts are get off his back.

He was decent today, allbeit he had not much to do. He wasn't fault for their goal, he scored himself and he didn't waste the ball as much as he had been.

It was a good day for him.

I'm sorry mate but did you watch the game?

He was still hugely wasteful on the ball. I really want the guy to improve and succeed, but I just think his positioning and distribution is not good enough. Especially when he doesn't have any sort of pace.

I think coming back to Ibrox and the pressure of playing for us makes him feel like he has to try too hard which makes him prone to mistakes.

Not quite as bad as the pressure Andy Webster felt but hopefully his goal today can spur him on and he can start to play with the confidence he had with hearts.

The mantra is we need 4 or 5 players of better quality to actually make a push next season

As it stands we are actually quite happy with the team and the way we are playing and probably struggle to think where these players will fit in to improve the first team

While Wilson has been ok and not been the worst player we have ever had he is probably the first player to be moved out of the team should we recruit properly

Thoughts guys?

My thoughts are that you can fuck off with the "guys" patter.

Danny hasn't been great but he's learning.

I'm sorry mate but did you watch the game?

He was still hugely wasteful on the ball. I really want the guy to improve and succeed, but I just think his positioning and distribution is not good enough. Especially when he doesn't have any sort of pace.

I was there mate. I just didn't see him at his worst today. I thought he was much improved and his passing was better too. He didn't try his usual long pass which never works once and in general I do think his performance was better today. He was comfortable.

But as I say, it was Livingston, and a relatively easy day at the office for the defence.

My hang up with Wilson is when he goes in for a tackle he seems to challenge with the wrong leg and gives away silly fouls because of it. I think he had an ok game today, a bit more solid than previous games and surprisingly was well forward so early in the game to score. Fs he must have been about 28/1.

Apart from being as slow as a week in the jail, he can't read a game, just doesn't have ability and are the reasons he commits stupid fouls.

Yep, think its his lack of pace that 'forces' him to tackle when the ball isn't there to be won.

The way we play we cant afford to have two slow centre halves. As was demonstrated by ohalloran, we will lose a shit load of goals on the counter against no more than decent opposition.