Kevin Thomson To Hivs

ORCHARD LOYAL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He asked to leave Dundee as he 'wasn't fit enough to play regularly'.

I'd imagine he will be more of a coaching role then...sort of what MW hoped Eustace would be for us.

Thought he was great for us before he got injured though. Injuries pretty much ruined his whole career.

Injuries or no injuries, when he played for us he just wasn't good enough.

I remember him consistently giving the ball away.

However he did break up the oppositions play often enough. Can't see him bringing much to the hibs squad though.

Wasn't he in their squad the year they were relegated?

As I remember they released him because they couldn't afford him in the Championship. They are taking a large risk!

He would have been commanding a greater salary at that point I'm sure. They'll probably be paying him basically a coaches wage now and it'll allow him to get his badges whilst working with them.

Injuries or no injuries, when he played for us he just wasn't good enough.

I remember him consistently giving the ball away.

However he did break up the oppositions play often enough. Can't see him bringing much to the hibs squad though.

Nonsense!

Thomson was one of my favourite players for us during a fantastic period for the club.

His career has been impacted by injuries, but we absolutely seen the best of him. A European cup finalist at just 23 years-old, no less.

It's a crying shame that Scott Brown has been earning £25K per-week for nine years while Thomson, who albeit is a different kind of midfielder, I would argue was the better player, has gone from club-to-club because Lloyd's had Murray accepting almost any bid that came in. I'm sure Walter Smith touted him as a future Rangers captain shortly before he departed.

He's a Hibee, very rare in that he's a good one, so this move will suit him.