Davie Provan - Frank And Fearless Every Sunday

Tontospal

Davie Provan wrote an article in today's paper having a go at the scum fans. He balanced it up by saying that recently Morton supporters found themselves sheltering from coins and golf balls thrown from the upper stand at Ibrox and that one young Ton fan was narrowly missed by a Buckfast bottle and that there was every chance he could have been killed with a bit of bad luck.

This is the first I've heard of anything happening at that match and I wasn't aware of any incidents whilst at the match.

If this happened I'm amazed that it's not been all over the various media outlets.

If this never happened he MUST be challenged by the club and fans groups with the rag he writes for banned for at least the rest of the season.

I'm aware that we are a soft target for the media but if this is made up or hearsay the club and fans groups must take action and sue him and his paper for libel.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie Provan wrote an article in today's paper having a go at the scum fans. He balanced it up by saying that recently Morton supporters found themselves sheltering from coins and golf balls thrown from the upper stand at Ibrox and that one young Ton fan was narrowly missed by a Buckfast bottle and that there was every chance he could have been killed with a bit of bad luck.

This is the first I've heard of anything happening at that match and I wasn't aware of any incidents whilst at the match.

If this happened I'm amazed that it's not been all over the various media outlets.

If this never happened he MUST be challenged by the club and fans groups with the rag he writes for banned for at least the rest of the season.

I'm aware that we are a soft target for the media but if this is made up or hearsay the club and fans groups must take action and sue him and his paper for libel.

Would that be the Peter Grant virtual golf balls with the 20 inch nails sticking out of them.

Already done.

Well done.

This should be a line in the sand.

His article states that fans are staying away and that parents would be crazy to take their wife/kids to games because of hooligan fans and then prints an outrageous lie that some will believe and may stop them attending or taking their wife/kids.

I have no issue with the reporting of anything about the fans/club as long as it is factual and can be backed up. If it is made up then it is unforgivable.

Remember this cunt Provan regularly commentates on the English Premiership and make no mistake this gives him credibility and anything negative he says about carries weight and could have adverse consequences for the club.

I read the same article today and couldn't believe what I was reading. I never heard anything of the sort in any other newspapers or any media outlet for that matter, never mind the police keeping it under their hats!

I've noticed that over the weeks that when it was Rangers accused of singing sectarian songs it was only Rangers fans that did this. Now, after last weeks antics with the septic fans, yes, they get condemned, then it's on to all the Rangers bad behaviour again and again.

This is from every media outlet, radio, tv and press, so if what the cretin is saying is true, which it isn't, why has it remained such a 'secret' for so long?

Tbf to Provan it's not him that's made it up. These claims were actually made by Morton fans. However he shouldn't be reporting unsubstantiated claims as if they are fact. Hopefully there will be a retraction

I heard about some coin throwing claims at the time by Morton fans, but bottles???

Tbf to Provan it's not him that's made it up. These claims were actually made by Morton fans. However he shouldn't be reporting unsubstantiated claims as if they are fact. Hopefully there will be a retraction

Thats typical tarrier style,tell a lie often enough then pass it off as fact.

Yeah there was something on here about it. I remember taking the piss about their claim that a glass bottle had been thrown.

Apparently the Morton chairman reported it to The club stating bottle nearly hit a child. I have been told it was also reported in Mortons next home programme. It was all over fb however our fans state it never happened.

900 morton fans and not 1 of them had a camera phone to take a picture of the bucky bottle? That made me call bullshit on the non-story

I'll bet there was no mention of the police investigation into the incident of the wee boy getting hit with a bottle thrown at him last year in the semi against c....c ?

Did septic not drop their interest in this ,or even the police , funny how septic are usually inundated by their do good fans when asked about such inquiries , like last weeks flares carry on , although nobody knows fuck all when a youngster is seriously injured for life

Apparently the Morton chairman reported it to The club stating bottle nearly hit a child. I have been told it was also reported in Mortons next home programme. It was all over fb however our fans state it never happened.

see if the bottle nearly hit a child then obviously it would have hit the person behind or beside ? Or was this child sitting on their own with nobody around it

And the club allowed this to go unchallenged?

What's to say Morton fans reading the programme or believing the unsubstantiated tales are suitably outraged that they take 'revenge' on an innocent bear next week?

Nevermind photo evidence a steward or policeman surely would have picked up/seen the bottle.

Similarly the golf balls would also provide tangible evidence to back up their story.

Is that jump-the-dyke prick not from the Greenock area?

Yes mate .He is living a good life but he is often up at the Port shopping home visiting his family .

To be honest ,I don't dislike Davie .It's hard not to like him once you have met him .

Think this is the work of a ghost writer however . He is not a hater for me

And the club allowed this to go unchallenged?

What's to say Morton fans reading the programme or believing the unsubstantiated tales are suitably outraged that they take 'revenge' on an innocent bear next week?

Nevermind photo evidence a steward or policeman surely would have picked up/seen the bottle.

Similarly the golf balls would also provide tangible evidence to back up their story.

I doubt it has been left unchallenged otherwise it would've been picked up elsewhere and ran with.