Davie Provan - Frank And Fearless Every Sunday

Tontospal

This is apparently what he wrote:

Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

"" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls.

In addition, a Buckfast bottle was hurled into the Morton section which missed a young Morton fan by inches. That was a sad end to an exciting match.

Douglas Rae should certainly be taken to task for this nonsense.

If he can't back it up then he should be charged by the SFA with bringing the game in to disrepute and sued by Rangers for libel.

Surely this needs to be challenged , but since it is a few weeks ago it seems unlikely. I hope I am wrong.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats typical tarrier style,tell a lie often enough then pass it off as fact.

see if the bottle nearly hit a child then obviously it would have hit the person behind or beside ? Or was this child sitting on their own with nobody around it

Surname Mulgrew

Yes mate ,not like the story of a certain clubs fans throwing flares at a Scottish cup tie .That is almost being airbrushed from history

Still waiting on the SPFL announcement in to their song book that day as well....

Point is though, there is absolutely no way this incident wouldn't have been reported. This is one IMO the club should tackle.

Rae old man thats puts his mouth into gear before it connects to his brain well whats left of it. No CCTV seen it No Steward seen and apparently not one morton fan has phone that has the capability of taking pictures or video, strange dont you think. As I said else where there was plenty of tims in that section that travelled with morton fans and for me its a non story. I spoke to a few morton fans that where at the game they seen nothing so its a strange one or its the tims at it again. travelling from a well known gourock pub that house septic fans and morton fans.

Rae old man thats puts his mouth into gear before it connects to his brain well whats left of it. No CCTV seen it No Steward seen and apparently not one morton fan has phone that has the capability of taking pictures or video, strange dont you think. As I said else where there was plenty of tims in that section that travelled with morton fans and for me its a non story. I spoke to a few morton fans that where at the game they seen nothing so its a strange one or its the tims at it again. travelling from a well known gourock pub that house septic fans and morton fans.

I agree about Rae and whilst he should be taken to task for his comments in the programme, their programme is probably read by hundreds as opposed to the thousands who will have read the Sun yesterday.

It is just another example of añ anti-Rangers myth, or more to the point - made up lies to paint the club in a bad light, that has grown arms and legs to the situation where it is reported as fact in a national newspaper.

That's before you consider that the lies were told to somehow balance out an article criticising the scum's support.

When we were getting it all across the media for singing at the Hibs match I don't recall one article comparing their songbook to ours.

That cunt Provan even had to bring up the attack where the fan hit the shit at Tyne castle for some reason.