John Gilligan On Rocksport Radio Tonight

The Mongoose

Rangers Director John Gilligan will be Tonight's (Monday's) guest on Talking Football with Bill Young and Davie McKinnon 6-8 pm get it on DAB Digital Radio,online at www.rocksportradio.co.uk on your smartphone or download the app. from google Playstore and the App store search for Rocksport Radio its free!

“But, where do we want to be? Where do we expect to be? I would say, personally, that within the next two to three years we would be expecting to be challenging at the top level of Scottish football.

“The danger of saying these things is that they become a strapline and a quote, but that is where aim to be, that is where we want to be.”

:anguish:

“But, where do we want to be? Where do we expect to be? I would say, personally, that within the next two to three years we would be expecting to be challenging at the top level of Scottish football.

“The danger of saying these things is that they become a strapline and a quote, but that is where aim to be, that is where we want to be.”

he knows the danger - yet says it anyway.

Just say " we want to be able to challenge immediately". Even if he suspects or doubts we actually can - its a perfectly reasonable statement to make

I think he has said the right thing to keep pressure off. But I think behind closed doors they will be expecting a title challenge before that.

But, where do we want to be? Where do we expect to be? I would say, personally, that within the next two to three years we would be expecting to be challenging at the top level of Scottish football.

The danger of saying these things is that they become a strapline and a quote, but that is where aim to be, that is where we want to be.

If we're not competing for the title in 2-3 years we are in serious trouble

I expect money to be made available in the summer in order that we can have a go at the scum from day 1 next season.

I watched I Believe in Miracles the other day and what Clough achieved taking Forest from the English second division to English and 2 time European Champions was a far greater task than knocking the scum off their perch.

I do not expect us to win the title next season. I hope we do but I expect us to do everything we can to win it