The Scottish Sun.....more Lies

WCPRANGERS1

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/6867723/Footie-mics-oved-to-blank-out-sectarian-chants.html

Claims that BT Sport are moving mics to stop audio of sectarian singing and that they did this at the Scottish Cup game against Cowsenbeath.

Firstly they didn't even have the match televised. Secondly that's now Leckie, Provanamc now this that have had a sly wee dig in just over a week.

If someone could copy and paste for those not wanting to give hits.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the club & the various fan groups , can use their contacts in the

media to challenge the make believe currently being used as a stick to beat

our support, while conveniently deflecting from the activities of others.

Highlighting this should be the least we as a support deserve.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/6867723/Footie-mics-oved-to-blank-out-sectarian-chants.html

Claims that BT Sport are moving mikes to stop audio of sectarian singing and that they did this at the Scottish Cup game against Cowsenbeath.

Firstly they didn't even have the match televised. Secondly that's now Leckie, Provanamc now this that have had a sly wee dig in just over a week.

If someone could copy and paste for those not wanting to give hits.....

"TELLY bosses are shifting pitch-side mics so viewers don’t hear sectarian chants during games.

BT Sport chiefs say they will move gear and change settings to blank out banned anthems.

Mics were placed in a higher position at a Rangers tie last week after trouble with supporters belting out hate songs at a previous game.

A source said yesterday: “This will be happening more and more because sadly sectarian singing appears to have resurfaced more publicly this season.

“Viewers outwith the Old Firm must hear about things like this and be totally baffled.”

BT Sport moved the audio gear last week during a Scottish Cup tie between Rangers and Cowdenbeath.

It came after banned songs could clearly be heard during the Ibrox club’s grudge match against Hibs at the end of December.

Meh - OP is a bit para - it qoutes "audio" not about being on the telly, and is general to both sets of the OF. If I was a broadcaster I would do they same.....

non story

“Viewers outwith the Old Firm must hear about things like this and be totally baffled.” so not offended then - just baffled?

It takes away the opportunity for jobsworths to phone in giving it "I was watching the match and have reported instances of sectarian chants to the police". If they cant hear any, they cant report any. Additionally, if the SPFL official fails to report any and no arrest are made - and no-one can say otherwise as it now cant be heard on the telly - then theres less room for the press to get all moral on us.

8619_1532.jpg

"TELLY bosses are shifting pitch-side mics so viewers don’t hear sectarian chants during games.

BT Sport chiefs say they will move gear and change settings to blank out banned anthems.

Mics were placed in a higher position at a Rangers tie last week after trouble with supporters belting out hate songs at a previous game.

A source said yesterday: “This will be happening more and more because sadly sectarian singing appears to have resurfaced more publicly this season.

“Viewers outwith the Old Firm must hear about things like this and be totally baffled.”

BT Sport moved the audio gear last week during a Scottish Cup tie between Rangers and Cowdenbeath.

It came after banned songs could clearly be heard during the Ibrox club’s grudge match against Hibs at the end of December.

Meh - OP is a bit para - it qoutes "audio" not about being on the telly, and is general to both sets of the OF. If I was a broadcaster I would do they same.....

non story

BT didn't cover the cup game so he has a point.

Viewers outwith the Old Firm must hear about things like this and be totally baffled.

I am totally baffled.

People out with Scotland will be completely at a loss as to why anyone feels the need to move mikes so that singing cannot be heard. There really is very little wrong with the songs and apart from the permanently offended, most sane people know that.

Viewers outwith the Old Firm must hear about things like this and be totally baffled. so not offended then - just baffled?

It takes away the opportunity for jobsworths to phone in giving it "I was watching the match and have reported instances of sectarian chants to the police". If they cant hear any, they cant report any. Additionally, if the SPFL official fails to report any and no arrest are made - and no-one can say otherwise as it now cant be heard on the telly - then theres less room for the press to get all moral on us.

8619_1532.jpg

???

Andy Murrays never done swearing during his matches. All Mark Petchy does is say "sorry for the language you may have picked up" and thats it. I dont even know why he even feels the need to apologise for someone elses swearing - they are a broadcaster - not the moral guardians of the viewers.