Our Squad And Dk Investment

OzGers

People thinking all we need to do is be better than the taigs id personally like to be much better than that building a squad that consistently qualifies for the champions league group stages has to be the aim imo,it's the only way to generate a decent income while playing in Scotland

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People thinking all we need to do is be better than the taigs id personally like to be much better than that building a squad that consistently qualifies for the champions league group stages has to be the aim imo,it's the only way to generate a decent income while playing in Scotland

Get it, but Dave better do digging for serious cash investment.

Transfer fees are not the be all and end all of quality investment any more - we only need to pay a fee to buy out a contracted player ( or a young players development fee) - but to get quality to compete in Europe we need to pay well, preferably within a budget but as success breeds financial well being, investment in wages will be required - but I think this board and manager are going to prove to be pretty good at the money side of the game!

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail. ‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m. ‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

DK - 24th March 2014

“I have gone on record that we will need £30million to rebuild the team and the club, but it depends where we are next season. “We certainly want to be in a position to challenge Celtic immediately we are back in the top league and to qualify for Europe in the first season.

DK - 21st March 2015

But if you want to look at the funding plan, it is to spend whatever it takes to win the Championship next year and have at least the nucleus of a squad to move up to the Premier League the year after."

DK - 8th June 2015

take your pick, but anybody that thinks after reading those quotes that £30M is going on a squad is off their nut. Its significant that the first quote was made when he wasn't in power.

No I think he was referring to better Wifi because that's what will take us to the top. ;)

Kumbaya m'lud.

Ally did against CG. I'll admit it's not a common occurrence. But I doubt a manager unhappy with the board would be repeating glowing statements about how happy he is with the boards support. Depends how full the individuals glass is on how they view it I suppose.

You clearly do think he is a liar, you just can't bring yourself to say it. (tu)

CG wasn't on the board when Ally had a go. Just for info. (tu)

Not investing in the team gets us nowhere.

We have invested in the team. In fact last summer was the first time we'd spent a penny on transfer fees since 2012.

Personally, I've seen nothing that indicates we won't continue to invest in the first team, among the other numerous costs it takes to make a successful club.

How much has he invested? A lot of money has been put in for capital, perhaps if we weren't in such a shit state it might have went on players

Haven't seen the ins and outs and investment etc but I'm certainly underwhelmed with the transfer spend, not that I think we should be spending millions and millions of DKs money but it seems we have problems getting some transfers through

Wether that be the selling club not wanting instalments, us not overpaying, it is just all guesswork

How much has he invested? A lot of money has been put in for capital, perhaps if we weren't in such a shit state it might have went on players

Haven't seen the ins and outs and investment etc but I'm certainly underwhelmed with the transfer spend, not that I think we should be spending millions and millions of DKs money but it seems we have problems getting some transfers through

Wether that be the selling club not wanting instalments, us not overpaying, it is just all guesswork

Well after losing a few it probably balanced out to zero, but sshhh it's all in the transpency.

I think some are doing the players a disservce.

I feel with a few additions Waghorn,McKay,Holt,Tavernier,Halliday,Law,Wallace,Wilson etc could make a big impact on the SPFL after a season bonding plus after next season they will be even better.

Young players need time to fulfil potential plus good guidance and i believe we have that now.That mob have chucked cash at diddys and have done nothing while now we're building slowly and astutely..I have full confidence by August we'll have a squad full of confidence and ability to make a major inpact next season.

I feel with a few additions Waghorn,McKay,Holt,Tavernier,Halliday,Law,Wallace,Wilson etc could make a big impact on the SPFL after a season bonding plus after next season they will be even better.

Young players need time to fulfil potential plus good guidance and i believe we have that now.That mob have chucked cash at diddys and have done nothing while now we're building slowly and astutely..I have full confidence by August we'll have a squad full of confidence and ability to make a major inpact next season.

You may well be right (hope so), but we need cover at the same level, not just youths.

A lot of people always try and say things like spending millions got us in the shit and days of Gazza's and Laudrups are gone but we aren't asking for that - they think it's as black and white as that

If spending 10 million on maybe 4 good players in the shape of Davis, Cueller, Mendes, Bougherra like we did previously is beyond us then give Celtic ten in a row now tbh

Celtic had a good squad then but now they haven't so I doubt we should expect 4 players of that quality and wages mean they won't come anyway

Law prob won't be here next season,Wilson ain't good enough to be a regular and the jury's still out on Halliday for me,I would add Wes to the other 5 you mention so that leaves 5 places in the side that need strengthening imo add to that cover in the fullback areas is also required so probably more like 7 players needed

Maybe just maybe it's MW who doesn't want to spend the cash, ever think of it that way? King may well have the dollars and be willing to spend it, but from everything I have seen from MW (and his record in the financial trade) he is not one to waste money..... I doubt King is not willing to put his hand in his pocket, but more like MW isn't asking him to!

Onwht basis do you blieve DK is willing to invest money, Desmond?

People who think we'd be miles off the pace in the SPL need only look to Hearts who are in third place and still in the SC. Would we win the title in our first season back? Probably not but to say our squad, with some January and Summer additions could not challenge for a top three spot is nonsense.

Onwht basis do you blieve DK is willing to invest money, Desmond?

People who think we'd be miles off the pace in the SPL need only look to Hearts who are in third place and still in the SC. Would we win the title in our first season back? Probably not but to say our squad, with some January and Summer additions could not challenge for a top three spot is nonsense.

top 3 isnt good enough though, we have been lucky that the tarriers have fucked 2 years worth of CL money up by hiring that clown they have the now

we need to be 2nd without a doubt in our first season if not better, and as much as it was a one off game, the st johnstone game is a sign that we arent near the level, especially consistently, required for the top league

I don't understand why a lot of fans are obsessed with spending money on players. Put a bit of faith in the manager. He's doing a no bad job so far so trust him to make decisions on player recruitment.

There could be 2 players out there of identical ability in same position. 1 of them has had a cracking season playing in the championship down South. He's now valued at £3.5m and clubs are fighting for his signature.

The other player has lost his way a wee bit and is playing in League 1. His club are willing to let him go for £100k.

Would you rather pay £3.4m extra for a player of exact same ability or trust the manager to get the best out of the player who's lost his way and available for £100k?

If the player at £100k finds form at Rangers then in a couple of seasons time we could sell him on for £3.5m.

That's the way we have to do business in future. Spending big on players is not sustainable as we don't have the income for it.

thats not really the issue here, if there is a choice between two players of similar ability then of course choose the cheaper option, however we arent comparing players, some are arguing that o'halloran isnt worth 500k while others want rangers to pay up

at the end of the day if we feel he will be a useful addition or a dead cert to start every week, then why not pay his clubs value, its not like he's a reserve diddy for a SPFL team, he's actually a highly rated player in the league above which we are targetting and a player who tore us a new one in the cup game at ibrox earlier this season

we need to be 2nd without a doubt in our first season if not better, and as much as it was a one off game, the st johnstone game is a sign that we arent near the level, especially consistently, required for the top league

Tbf you're drawing a lot of conclusions from that "one off game", you're not the only one.

Probably because MOH's true value is around the £300,000 mark and going on the other lads performances in his last two games, his value is not £700,000. Warbs obviously thinks he can get him back to his best,but at the moment he is obviously not the same player who won POTY.

so his value is only 300k, why? because he's had a few games

we've got people valuing waghorn at over a million for battering in goals against diddies for us but a st johnstone player that is highly rated in the league above and one that tore us a new one at ibrox in the cup game is only worth 300k

not a chance