You're Favourite Away Day?

GOAT

Sheffield was amazing.

Me and Mr soprano :lol: some of the shit we done

Cartwheels and TBB in the sheff u shop, arguing that the muslim taxi driver that he hates us cause we are catholic.

It was an excellent trip. Me moody blue and some auld guy stoated about Sheffield. It was one of my favourite days.

Blackpool as well with me and Deccy pulling tarrier tops down in some sports boozer :lol:

Easily this :lol: what a fucking day man.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield was quality, got the 9 oclock train from Glasgow with JBJ from on here and we were steaming by the time we crossed the border. Started a bit of a sing song and some taig piped up so we got even louder until the inspector threatened us with the police and getting kicked off in Carlisle so we stopped for a bit :lol:

Finished all our drink and went looking for Buckfast in Preston with two chookter boys but sadly couldn't find any so beer had to do. The train from Preston to Sheffield will live long in the memory, full of bears giving it loud and proud singing the so called party songs until some bad people starting singing about Muslims. Not sure if they were bears or not :D Anyway, the songs continued and the members of the public joined in.

Arrived in Sheffield and was starting to sober up so checked in to hotel, had a shower and the maddog 20/20 got cracked open. Swaggered about Sheffield city centre tanning a bottle of MD 20/20. Finished that then asked a policewoman at the bike race where the nearest cergo shop was and she sent me to one that turned out to be shut, so I politely approached her and shouted at her it was fucking shut, surprised I never got lifted tbh. Got more drink from the Sainsburys and after that it's all a blur tbh, vaguely remember the game.

The train journey home the next day was absolutely disgusting :lol:

I was what then? 17. I fell out wae a couple of my pals a few days before. They were sitting behind me that night. Anyway, we get the penalty and score, and we're all going bonkers, and I turn around and tell they two "I fucking love you guys" :lol:doh

End of argument. :lol:

FFS between this and the story about peterhead, we should rename the thread to GOAT comes Out the Closet :D

I'll type more later maybe but one that springs to mind ...

Panathiniakos away.

Buying little cheese pastries out a bakery next door to the hotel and using it to pelt wee tramps being cheeky that were drinking bottles of warm milk laced with paint stripper. Cracked one right on the dish with the pastry and almost knocked him clean out, fell off his wee step face first :lol: you had to be there

Hundreds of stray dogs around the city center .. me steaming feels sorry for this one in particular so I go into McDonalds and buy a quarter pounder for it - it took one look at it, sniffed it and walked away from it and crossed the road the bastard :lol:

Looking for brass after the game. Asked a wee guy outside a shop and he said "ah yes. I show you" ... goes into the shop for 2 minutes and drags out his skatty junkie looking girlfriend offering us her :lol: told him to fuck off and he took offence ranting and raving - made a move towards him and he went running down the street screaming shouting "POLICE POLICE" :lol:

Finally got a brass. Took her back to the hotel room, pumped her and proceeded to attempt to pay her with a dodgy 50 euro note. She seen the funny side and just said "erm no" and I pulled out a 20 and a 10 in real money ... not realising I looked even more of a clown for having the right money, in real money on me.

Outside the stadium ... everyone to a man singing "Fuck the IRA" and some wee baldy cunt who was to do with Rangers security coming across into the crowd and telling everyone to be quiet and he got slaughtered ... shoved about boo'd and screamed at .. he soon bolted into the stadium.

Inside the stadium, wee guy working in the kiosk ... after the que dies down he shouts me and my mate over, pulls out 2 Coca Cola cups and produces a bottle of whisky and fills the 2 of them up for me and my mate as a wee gift ... and says "shhh don't tell anyone" .. cracking gesture.

Fiorentina away

Staying in these cracking wee villa's in the Tuscany countryside a few miles outside Pisa. We head into Pisa for the day for a few beers and a meal. Some idiot in our group moans about the price of taxi's and think's it's a better idea to get a bus ... there's a bus at the stop ... the idiot says this is our bus .. I ask if he's sure and he says yes

We get on

Turns out it's a bus to Perugia. The next bit we can get off is about 20 miles after it takes off due to the road.

Had to get the Police to give us a lift back as it was a public holiday and no other public transport or taxi's about.

We get back to the Villa's eventually and a few of the original Blue Order guys arrive (the older guys that started it when it was more Loyalist and less weans/ultra) ... after ridiculous amounts of drink we end up having an all night sash-bash, penalty shoot out, pool party, rave ... you literally seen other couples pack their stuff in the middle of the night in the complex and drive off after filling their cars with their baggage :lol: ... cleared the place .... in the morning the complex manager who had arranged to take us by mini bus to the game refused to take us ... but we persuaded him but the compromise was no drink allowed ... ok .... not really, we took the booze on and there was fuck all he could do about it :D ... he was one unhappy Italian :lol:

Fiorentina away

Staying in these cracking wee villa's in the Tuscany countryside a few miles outside Pisa. We head into Pisa for the day for a few beers and a meal. Some idiot in our group moans about the price of taxi's and think's it's a better idea to get a bus ... there's a bus at the stop ... the idiot says this is our bus .. I ask if he's sure and he says yes

We get on

Turns out it's a bus to Perugia. The next bit we can get off is about 20 miles after it takes off due to the road.

Had to get the Police to give us a lift back as it was a public holiday and no other public transport or taxi's about.

We get back to the Villa's eventually and a few of the original Blue Order guys arrive (the older guys that started it when it was more Loyalist and less weans/ultra) ... after ridiculous amounts of drink we end up having an all night sash-bash, penalty shoot out, pool party, rave ... you literally seen other couples pack their stuff in the middle of the night in the complex and drive off after filling their cars with their baggage :lol: ... cleared the place .... in the morning the complex manager who had arranged to take us by mini bus to the game refused to take us ... but we persuaded him but the compromise was no drink allowed ... ok .... not really, we took the booze on and there was fuck all he could do about it :D ... he was one unhappy Italian :lol:

:lol:

Mark could write a book or infact a series of books.

Losing your luggage in (insert place name)

Losing your passport in (insert place name)

Losing both you and your mates passport and match tickets in (insert place name) :lol:

:lol:

Mark could write a book or infact a series of books.

Losing your luggage in (insert place name)

Losing your passport in (insert place name)

Losing both you and your mates passport and match tickets in (insert place name) :lol:

I counted literally 12 trips I've been on with him where he's lost either his luggage, passport, phone or all 3

The last one Holland/Germany pre-season two summers ago. He flys into Eindhoven .. get's the train to Dusseldorf ... he has to change at Dortmund .... and ends up in Brugge ... tries again ... get's to Dusseldorf eventually after midnight ... meet him and take him to the boozers down the street from the digs ... the pub starts shutting at 2am ... we are up at 5am to get the train to Emmen .... Mark thinks he knows best and the pub will stay open for him and he will just get us at the train station at 6am ... fine .... at the train station at 6am ... no Mark. Nowhere.

Get to Emmen and roll up at a wee boozer ... who appears wondering around ... Mark.

The pub shut like we knew it would. He fell asleep standing up against a tree across from it ... him and his mates bags gone ... inside the bags were an I-Pad, 2x I-Phones, 2 passports, train passes, house keys and about 300 euros.

We struggled to get from Dusseldorf to Emmen with a German native who does these journies every week in life for 20 years and he appears in the same clothes, with no money, phone or anything ... and he can't even mind how :lol:

I counted literally 12 trips I've been on with him where he's lost either his luggage, passport, phone or all 3

The last one Holland/Germany pre-season two summers ago. He flys into Eindhoven .. get's the train to Dusseldorf ... he has to change at Dortmund .... and ends up in Brugge ... tries again ... get's to Dusseldorf eventually after midnight ... meet him and take him to the boozers down the street from the digs ... the pub starts shutting at 2am ... we are up at 5am to get the train to Emmen .... Mark thinks he knows best and the pub will stay open for him and he will just get us at the train station at 6am ... fine .... at the train station at 6am ... no Mark. Nowhere.

Get to Emmen and roll up at a wee boozer ... who appears wondering around ... Mark.

The pub shut like we knew it would. He fell asleep standing up against a tree across from it ... him and his mates bags gone ... inside the bags were an I-Pad, 2x I-Phones, 2 passports, train passes, house keys and about 300 euros.

We struggled to get from Dusseldorf to Emmen with a German native who does these journies every week in life for 20 years and he appears in the same clothes, with no money, phone or anything ... and he can't even mind how :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

Bring back Casey!

I know it's not Rangers but Chelsea away in Kiev a couple of months ago too.

Get to our hotel it's 80p for a double Smirnoff and bottle of Sprite/7Up ... have a few and get on it and then our hotel turns into a free strip club ... we go in and get free lapdances and a show ... find a bundle of money on the street off the city centre and it turns out it's only about £9 worth but it was our drink money most of the night

The real adventure part was the day of the match. Dynamo Kiev play their games in the Olympic Stadium because thier own stadium is a shit hole. But the Chelsea U21's are playing their U21's the afternoon of the game in their own normal stadium so we see it as a good chance to tick both grounds off.

I realise I lost my match ticket too, but was able to just buy another one out the Dyanmo Kiev ticket office no problems. Anyway, we go into the U21's game ... only spent about half an hour in it and leave again to go to the boozers ....

We leave it and head to the city center ... cross the busy road and get to the other side, our backs turned and 4 Kiev try to jump me and my mate ... a punch up in the street in broad daylight ... they were getting the better of us because there was 4 of them against 2 of us and they ambushed us so had the jump on us ... the Police come over and split it up ... grab us all and take us upto the Kiev Police Station.

2 hours in the cop shop and not one copper spoke a word of English. The Police were sound - just stupid.

They ended up showing us on the computer highlights of wee games of FIFA and goals they scored against each other the night before ... they were pleased with themself :lol: ... in the end they just made us write something on a bit of paper saying we want to go, we won't press chargers against the guys and they won't hold us and we can all just get on with it ... sounds good ... went on too long, just wanted a beer ...

One of the best trips I'd had in the end. Great place.

Best Rangers awayday: Barcelona 1972. Got my tickets on the day of the Scottish Cup final I think it was Hibs ceptic.

Anyway on the day got picked up really early by coach and taken to Prestwick.

We boarded a really old PINK plane. When we got above Barcelona the plane tipped because everyone went to one side to see the stadium.

The Ramblas was full of drunk fans who could not believe the very cheap price of booze.

A Spanish policeman wanted to buy my blow up Rangers Player and tried to burst it with a cigar when I said no.

Like everyone else I invaded the pitch. Brought a wee bit of grass home with me but it died.

Missed my bus to the airport but got a lift on another one. At the airport bar I stood beside Bobby Brown.

When we got home we were all amazed by the papers. Headlines like 'Battle of Barcelona'.

At work I fell asleep so they just left me and sent me home at 4pm.

Later on that day off to Ibrox to see the cup for the first time. The team were on the back of an old lorry.

Posted this is previous thread but cldnt be arsed retyping

Pamplona, my first ever Euro trip, I think I was 18. Made it out the ground safely no thanks to the utter scum that are the spanish police, went to a few pubs, plenty of Bears, everyone in great spirits, so at about 11 or 12 oclock we go into this wee chinky for something to eat, the place is loaded with Bears, folk are chuking beach balls across the room to each other and stuff. But it didnt take long to realize that the folk who worked in this place really really struggled with English, especially drunk Glaswegians attempting English. A guy beside us said he'd been waiting 45 mins for a curry and the folk beside him had been waiting longer. They brought our meals about an hour after we ordered them, but they forgot mine and they forgot half the sides. Which apparently they'd done numerous times in the evening because you could feel the tension with the amount of drunk folk getting pissed off that the useless service.

My Dad said "lets eat up and get out of here" and when I asked why he said "because its going to kick off in here soon"

Then 10 mins later out of nowhere this great big guy stands up and goes "AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! WHERES MA FUCKIN CURRY?????!!!!!!!" and starts flipping the lid basically tearing through the place, grabs a wee chinese woman and says "geez ma money!!!" (I should point out that I dont think the guy was seriously flipping the lid, he was just frustrated and was kinda having a laugh, most folk in the place knew he was kidding on to an extent) But the wee woman didnt like that he'd grabbed her, to a bunch of them dragged the guy out.

Later on me and the guy I was with were walking about the town at about half 3 in the morning hoping somewhere would be open for a drink still and we ended up meeting this random nutcase from Belfast who was wearing a UDA tshirt and a bright pink spikey wig for some reason, I think his name was McConnel or something, all he kept saying was "back home, we'd turn this place upside down" whilst doing the machine gun sign with his hands and the most mental look in his eyes We walked past these random spanish women in the street and hes like "oi! We're gonnae turn this place upside down!"

We went round a corner to a big square, the polis we're there, they pulled up next to us and asked what we we're doing, my mate said "we were looking for a pub but we're just going back to our hotels now" they said ok and we're about to drive off just as the Irish guy goes "right after we turn the fucking place upside down!" the polis got out and searched the guy etc, asked us for our passports, but when they found out that we we're in different hotels and that we didnt even really know this nutcase they sent us on our way, dont know what happened to the guy :lol: