Shoot: Which players should get new deals?

The Dude

As the calendar ticked over from 2015 into 2016 a number of Rangers players saw themselves become eligible to talk with potential suitors over a move in the summer.  Cammy Bell, Nicky Clark, David Templeton and Nicky Law will all be free agents at the end of the season and, while it looks like the injury hit Ibrox careers of Bell and Templeton are coming to an end, there is a chance that Mark Warburton may see fit to offer Law and maybe Clark an extension.

Read more: http://www.shoot.co.uk/rangers-which-out-of-contract-players-should-get-a-new-deal/

8 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

How many would have given Miller a new year?  Irrelevant really. If MW believes they bring value to the club we just have to trust his judgement.

In your fourth paragraph you put Clark instead of Law.

Cheers. That's what I get for writing stoned at 4am. :lol:

Law, under current form, deserves himself a new deal.

He keeps the tempo high and that's what was lacking in the slump of form we suffered.

Saying that, he will be on a decent wage that could be better spent elsewhere, and we are signing midfield players. But he is the only one I'd like to see stay.

Just now, The Dude said:

We;ve brought some in already, there's another couple rumoured to be imminent and have Crooks and Windass joining in the summer.

Yeah, the large midfielder whose name i cant spell and O'Halloran both supposedly signing before Monday and the possibility of a striker. Law has been good off the bench and Clark still has potential. If and when they go i cant say they'll be missed.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Law is a funny one. Strikes me as a guy who will do just enough to get a new contract before relaxing back into his old habits.

More fool anyone who keeps giving him a contract.

Yes, I'd agee.

I'd take advantage of this and keep him in his 'shop window' aslong as he kept his levels up.....then say goodbye and wish him luck in the summer.

I`d only have Law on another year or perhaps a 2 year performance based deal, hands up -

I gave him absolute pelters for his `heart of a mouse` stinking attitude, but it genuinely seems like W&W have got him up for the challenge. If we can keep him keen he`d be an asset I reckon.

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

Law is a funny one. Strikes me as a guy who will do just enough to get a new contract before relaxing back into his old habits.

More fool anyone who keeps giving him a contract.

Have to agree with you Al.

The Manager knows who to keep, based on his knowledge of who he would buy, whereas we fans have only opinions.

Bell - We've just signed a back up for Fod, so I can't see us keeping him. NO

Temps - How many chances does he want + too many injuries. NO

Law - As AlBear's post + still prone to hide. NO

Clark - This is difficult as he has the potential to make it, jury's out on this one. ???

I think the jury is still out on Law from our management team tbh. Clark unfortunately just can't seem to get going which I think is wee bit sad as he tries like fuck.

Temps will have to become David Blaine and do the impossible so he's out the door as well.

Law deserves his clean slate, a year's contract should keep him honest, anybody else is just guesswork, but that's what we are here for, so both Bell and Clark were subjects of loan inquiries, they were turned down, MW maybe has further plans for their time at Rangers.