Mohsni released without kicking a ball in Angers.

OlegKuznetsov

See what I did with the title?

The Tunisian has not played a single game for the club.

Last season for Glasgow Rangers ended in controversial circumstances.

Rangers failed spectacularly in their bid to earn promotion against Motherwell, losing 6-1 on aggregate to the Scottish Premiership side in the promotion/relegation play-off.

That tie is best remembered for what happened afterwards.

Lee Erwin of Motherwell, who went on to join Leeds United in the summer, went to shake hands with Rangers' notorious hothead Bilel Mohsni. The Tunisian ignored him and Erwin shoved him in the back. In classic Mohsni fashion, he kicked Erwin before leathering him with a left hook to the jaw.

A week later and Mohsni was handed a seven game suspension by the Scottish FA and was released by Rangers at the end of the season, as his contract expired in Glasgow.

Since then things have gone well for Mohsni, in some respects. He joined Ligue 1 side Angers who had just been promoted to the French top-flight.

They have excelled this season and currently sit in second place in the table, although are 20 points behind Paris Saint-Germain in the French top-flight.

However it looks like, just six months after his controversial Rangers release, he is set to be released by Angers.

A report from Star Africa is carrying the news that the two parties will be amicably parting ways.

Mohnsi is said to want a Ligue 1 stay but is not currently fielding any offers after failing to make a single appearance for the club.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's a strange one. I honestly didn't think (at times) he was as bad as made out. When he put his mind to it he could be an alright player but his mindset and mental issues are probably his biggest problem.

Looked brilliant against Newcastle and had a good game when he came on against Hearts in the 2-1 win last season, but apart from they two games I thought he was fucking awful.

When Moshni first signed and he played against Newcastle he looked solid really good on the ball. How quickly did that change. Some of the bother he used to get us into at the back by being fuckin stupid. Certainly not missed in anyway shape or form made Konterman look like Messi

Not surprised. Angers are sitting third in ligue 1. It's no wonder he's not had a look in. 

My least favourite moshni moment was when he had the ball in our own half under no pressure and he just booted it out the park. Can't mind who it was against. I want to say Falkirk but no sure