The Dignity of Mr Warburton

Falcoholic

I fear that being frustrated over transfers that he wants to bring in, due to a lack of cash from the board may play on his mind. If this continues into thus window and the next, then the next team from England that puts an interest in him might just well get him. The board need to back him now, and get his players in.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the wiki page of O'Halloran last week, and the first line said " O'Halloran is a Roman Catholic footballer from Scotland" Later on that day it was changed. I find it incredible that we are still seen as the big bad sectarian guys, when, thesedays, nothing could be further from the truth. The wiki page was probably done by some demented Dhim, but I also would not be one bit surprised if the press were involved, such is the level of them. The press and other fans are always obsessed by the background of a Rangers target/player and will bring up the fact that he is not a protestant at every pathetic oppportunity. As for us, we only sign Rangers players, and couldn't give a toss about his religion. Scottish football and the press are the real bigots in Scotland, and everyone knows it!

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

McCoist being respectful to other clubs was regularly called pathetic, spineless or my own favourite "Cheeky Chappy Ally wanting to be everyone's pal"

MW does it and he's some kind of media master who the lowly Scottish hacks just can't deal with. 

Incredibly, both are/were acting with the professionalism and decorum expected of a Rangers manager.

In fairness, McCoist way of respecting them was to the effect of 'they're a good side, will be a tough game for us to win', Warburton is more like 'respectfully, it's all about Rangers'.

I know what I prefer. 

Edit: and McCoists conduct was far from professional at times. 

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I fear that being frustrated over transfers that he wants to bring in, due to a lack of cash from the board may play on his mind. If this continues into thus window and the next, then the next team from England that puts an interest in him might just well get him. The board need to back him now, and get his players in.

Out of curiosity where has MW said that he is frustrated over transfers he wants to bring in due to a lack of cash from the board.Where has he said he has not been backed by the board financially.Just curious to know where he has made these statements.

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Out of curiosity where has MW said that he is frustrated over transfers he wants to bring in due to a lack of cash from the board.Where has he said he has not been backed by the board financially.Just curious to know where he has made these statements.

He hasn't said it. However, I have a niggling fear about it, ever since his name was starting to get linked with teams down south.

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He hasn't said it. However, I have a niggling fear about it, ever since his name was starting to get linked with teams down south.

With his early record (11 out of 11), there was always going to be speculation when a vacancy came up. It is called "journalism". Journalists do not deal in facts nowadays, purely speculation. I am surprised he was not linked with Chelsea - joke!

4 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Warburton himself said around a week ago something like this:

'I read the papers every day & listen to the radio phone-ins every night, The speculation never stops about apparent issues and stories when there are no issues.  it is incredible'

I can't remember the exact words he said but he basically meant the same thing. I think a few people on here definitely fall into that category by speculating about how much the board back MW haha.

Frank McParland publically gave an interview in July 2015 (before he was even linked with Rangers) - saying that if the board back MW fully he expects RFC to win 55 within 3 years (which is Warburton's target). If there was any hint of the board not backing MW with signings/cash like some people try speculate, then obviously McParland wouldn't have signed.

Link to July 2015 McParland article: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13440026.McParland__Warburton_will_succeed_in_three_year_plan_to_bring_Champions_League_football_back_to_Rangers/?ref=mr&lp=6

5 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Mw wouldn't come out in the press and say that. He's clearly too professional and respectful of the club to do that. However, it would be nieve to think there isn't a danger of losing mw to an English team in the future that's able to support him much better financially. He's made it clear he'd like at least a couple more players and seemed to be expecting them to materialise by now, so despite what he'll say in the press, I can imagine it being quite frustrating.

4 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Mw wouldn't come out in the press and say that. He's clearly too professional and respectful of the club to do that. However, it would be nieve to think there isn't a danger of losing mw to an English team in the future that's able to support him much better financially. He's made it clear he'd like at least a couple more players and seemed to be expecting them to materialise by now, so despite what he'll say in the press, I can imagine it being quite frustrating.

In the future, of course there is a chance we could lose him. But he needs to prove himself first in order to get a "bigger move" 

As a Rangers manager, he should be looking to win trophies before leaving us otherwise he would go down as a failure and I don't believe Warburton would want that

13 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

5 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Pretty  big assumptions here, with no evidence whatsoever to back them up.

The board have said they'll back his judgement, our Manager said he's had the full support of the Board in transfer dealings.

Until  read or hear something different, think I'll trust what our Manager is saying, and his transfer dealings.

On 22 January 2016 at 9:31 AM, The Dude said:

Warburton praised for the same things McCoist was criticised for. (Not necessarily by the OP) 

The problem I had with McCoist was that he gave other teams too much respect. He used to get my back up by saying things about how the game would be so difficult and we may struggle to beat them. At least Warburton just says it's only about Rangers and he's not interested in other teams.

im the same as most on here. I am really enjoying the season so far and I'm enjoying watching us play but we still need to win trophies before Warburton has proved himself to me. 

I see MW like this. He's a different animal. Remember he came from the city so the way he thinks is targets. These guys always buy low and sell high. If you pick the best performing stocks your going to make loads of dosh. You got to be sharp though.

He is just using this way at Ibrox. He's obviously on a scheduled tight buget and whether its DK or courts or whatever, the amount to play with in this firsrt season is going to be restricted any way. 

You know how he is always going on about value for Rangers, well this is why. Imagine if a stockmarket guy just bought into a company because it has a past reputation. They might get a good named stock but no body knows if it will perform in the future and remember that this is going to cost big money for that rep stock. Expensive players are the same. They have a place mind but not just yet. We need value and smart bisuness. We got this with MW.

These guys want growth and profit. Not profit to trouser, well not yet, but profit to pile back into Rangers. Compound intrest I think it is called. With this comes wealth and power. With MW and Davie and all the new team, we will get it back. And we will get it in shed loads. It's going to be fucking great. Whatever we do though, top priority is getting out of this Ch L.

When we hear this treble shite coming out of stubbs as he tries the propaganda, it just makes him look even more fucked up and MW must be laughing all the way to 55. MW is here for years and I don't think hes frustrated about anything. He knew the buget from day one, I'm sure.

Take a blank sheet of paper and set out what you would want from a Rangers manager.  And i'd bet most of us would end up with a description of Warburton.  To a great extent, success is based on budgets,  but he is undoubtedly very worthy of the title Rangers Manager.