Killie cup tickets booking fee by seat

RoyalistBear

I know this should prob be in tkt section however it's quite important. I don't post much as got called a mhank last time I came on.

Im s/t in fam sect so booked by debit card over phone for my neice and I, normally £2 booking fee, fine. It was £4 on the receipt I was busy at the time so just paid when asked,

E-mailed t/o to be told that if you book by debit card over the phone it's £2 per Seat?, so family of 5 would be effectively a £10 booking fee. If you do it online it's a £1 per seat booking fee so extra £5, bearing in Mind that's just to get your smart card activated!!

if you go to t/o you only pay 50p if you pay by debit card and £1 by cc???

Ok it's only an extra £2 for me but I've never heard of booking fees by seat on the one one bank card??? Group of 10, 4 adults plus 6 kids for example is an extra £20???

Is this normal?? Happened to anyone else??

My problem is I don't mind paying a £2 booking fee as that's normal on a booking, not a seat tax where you pay £2 per seat to reserve over the phone?? So it's not a booking fee, it's a £2 seat tax only if u use your debit card over the phone!

Again, 4 a family of 5 it's a £10 booking fee effectively!

thats my problem, and there is no logical explanation for it??

4 minutes ago, RoyalistBear said:

My problem is I don't mind paying a £2 booking fee as that's normal on a booking, not a seat tax where you pay £2 per seat to reserve over the phone?? So it's not a booking fee, it's a £2 seat tax only if u use your debit card over the phone!

Are you booking a family of 5 like? 

10 minutes ago, RoyalistBear said:

There is a logical explanation. The booking fee is per seat. Different costs involved in different purchase methods website/TO/phone and also for different payment method so slight variance in booking fees.

Where else do u pay a seat tax(which is called a booking fee) it's a booking fee usually £1.50 or £2 for the booking, not a tax on a seat that you don't pay if you go to t/o and as one of the guys said is on the cccs! I still have an s/t so what's the difference???

All I was pointing out is that nobody can give me a logical answer or explanation as to why you pay £2 per seat tax extra to book your own seat as an s/t holder?? Over the phone by debit card?? 

its a fair question??

It's not got email back from t/o it's any seat booked over the phone by debit card, it's NOT a booking fee it's a £2 seat tax and no matter where you sit if u book over the phone by debit card, you will be charged £2 per seat not the £1.50-£2 booking fee as per other booking fees.

9 minutes ago, RoyalistBear said:

Where else do u pay a seat tax(which is called a booking fee) it's a booking fee usually £1.50 or £2 for the booking, not a tax on a seat that you don't pay if you go to t/o and as one of the guys said is on the cccs! I still have an s/t so what's the difference???

All I was pointing out is that nobody can give me a logical answer or explanation as to why you pay £2 per seat tax extra to book your own seat as an s/t holder?? Over the phone by debit card?? 

its a fair question??

Lots of places charge it per seat. I'm certain the likes of ticketmaster are all per seat. It's been per seat at Ibrox for years. To cover the cost of processing the payment, staff costs, cost of producing tickets etc

38 minutes ago, jintybear said:

If you're on CCCS then they don't take a booking fee. The tickets cost £19 per adult and £6 for the wean and that's all that was taken from my bank -no additional fees at all :001:

Yes I paid 19 also .Pretty good value for this game I feel .Hope the fans turn up for this 

Dude, that was the reply I got but it still dosnt add up??? If you book anywhere else, cinema, comedy club, flights, trains the list goes on, this dosnt happen.

Thats why that explanation dosnt sit well with me, coz its a fob off! Big style, anyway, will just go to t/o in future because you wouldn't just go around your life handing out £2 a time for feck all! Cancer research want £2 a month, give it to them, rather than have my pocket picked!

2 minutes ago, RoyalistBear said:

Dude, that was the reply I got but it still dosnt add up??? If you book anywhere else, cinema, comedy club, flights, trains the list goes on, this dosnt happen.

Thats why that explanation dosnt sit well with me, coz its a fob off! Big style, anyway, will just go to t/o in future because you wouldn't just go around your life handing out £2 a time for feck all! Cancer research want £2 a month, give it to them, rather than have my pocket picked!

It does happen other places. Ticketmaster do it per ticket. As do Cineworld. Some airlines charge them individually, others dont.

Mhank