Happy to sacrifice Zelalem/Law?

Gaz52

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I think generally among fans, whoever plays CDM,  their impact on the team goes unnoticed. You only realise what they bring when they are out the team.

Probably why Halliday doesn't get as much credit on here as he deserves, IMO.

I was just about to post the same thing. Halliday has certainly exceeded my expectations this season and it vital to our style of play.

I posed a question at work on Friday on who was our most important player of the UEFA cup run in 2008. I got a few answers from Cousin to (I swear some cunt actually said this) Darcheville. Not one person said Brahim Hemdani. I remember that season well and we played 442 in the league but 451 in Europe. On the domestic front there was no place for a defensive midfielder like Hemdani but in Europe he was integral to our progression to a European final. The reason nobody said Hemdani is because sadly the attacking players get more credit but in my opinion Hemdani was amazing that season; very underrated.

Andy Halliday falls under the same banner as an under appreciated player (gives me an idea for a thread).

Like a keeper sometimes it's better to judge a CDM on what he does wrong instead of what he does right. IMO Andy Halliday hasn't done much wrong so far. Certainly has pass marks this season.

Law will be gone next year. He lacks courage and he is on a fair wage. Sad to say I wrote him off the very moment when Vann Dyke shoved him over and strolled off with the ball as if Law were a wee boy. I was disgusted then and next season I think we would lose so much positivity if we watched our team pussy out of a game.

Not for me. I think we can do better 

As two above have said I would not dismiss Halliday if we were to sign a DM, Law has been playing very well but I'll wait until the going gets tough to be convinced on him, I'd also like to see what Halliday can do in an advanced role where I think he would be more comfortable, the fact that he has been willing to play in a DM role is a credit to him and for that reason I'd be disappointed if we were willing to discard him to quickly, not that I believe for one minute MW would as I'm certain that he appreciates the role Halliday has performed without question all season.

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

A clean sheet remember. Or do you not go along with Mr Warburton's philosophy? It's only this season's performance which counts.

Not what I am saying but if you had seen his first 3 performances you would know the player that he is and sorry he is nowhere near what he showed. FFS I was on here saying he is the next Gazza that is how good I thought he was.

1 hour ago, trueblueal said:

Law will be gone next year. He lacks courage and he is on a fair wage. Sad to say I wrote him off the very moment when Vann Dyke shoved him over and strolled off with the ball as if Law were a wee boy. I was disgusted then and next season I think we would lose so much positivity if we watched our team pussy out of a game.

Not for me. I think we can do better 

I think you're paying him too much of a compliment regarding the Van Dijk incident, he was pushed off the ball like a wee lassie.  In fact my daughter would have put up more of a fight in a Rangers jersey that day.