How times have changed I hope he's here forever

KingKirk

MARK WARBURTON has taken his Rangers squad into cyberspace to help their push for the top flight.

The Ibrox manager has always been a stickler for details and stats since his days as a city trader.

Now he’s passing that on to his players by giving them each their own personal website to work on every last aspect of their game from their armchair, not just on the training ground.

And he insists he expects them all to match his day-and-night desire to improve.

As he prepared his squad for tomorrow night’s match-up with Morton, he said: “We do a LOT of analysis.

“Every day. Right now while I’m talking, David Weir and Jim Stewart are upstairs
 going through aspects of play with our defenders and keepers.

“We’ll talk about final third, what we can do to be better, teams will sit men behind the ball, how do we break them down, what works well.

“People said we had a blip but that was us trying to find solutions to eight, nine, 10 men behind the ball – as well as the work on the grass, we did our analysis and the
 last four performances have been really pleasing.

“But it doesn’t stop here. They all have their own personal website set up that
 they can go into, look at all of their

performances, touches, future opponents, their strengths and weaknesses.

“It’s all part of preparing for the next game so every player has access to that.”

Asked whether it was mandatory and their swotting was monitored, Warburton said: “The standards you set are as a group – it’s not just for the players, it’s for the staff as well.

“Normally, if we finish on a Saturday, we watch the game that evening then watch it again first thing on Sunday morning.

“The analysis is prepared by Sunday lunchtime to deliver to the players so you expect the staff to do that as well.

“The players have been first-class. They are embracing it, they are hungry and they want success. They know what the club has to do and they have bought into that. You can’t give them enough credit.”

Rangers’ status as the highest scorers in the British leagues is testimony to their strategy, he believes – but he also insists they’ll always leave room for players to work off the cuff rather thanbe slaves to the stats.

He said: “Of course there’s freedom. We’re not saying ‘You will do this when you get to this area of the park’. We’re saying ‘These are the problems we encounter’.

“You can’t ask players to be robots but you can turn around and say when we played against them last time they tend to favour going up the right side or favour playing to the centre-half or kicking long to the wide full-back.

“Our job is to counter it and then hurt them. We’ve always wanted to be positive though.”

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I was reading this on the sunday times and it sounded top notch. The only fly in the oitment is the fact that we are not the highest scorers in the british leagues - cellic have 63 we have 61.

Our goal difference is better though...

That will change after the Morton game, we will be highest scorers too.

MW -- A real pro.  Clearly having an influence on all players and staff.  Exactly what I expect from a Rangers manager (tu)

How can we not succeed with MW at the helm -- even with limited funds?  He will find players for next to nothing... mold them into our team.. bring out the best in them.    Refreshing.!

3 minutes ago, delamonty said:

MW -- A real pro.  Clearly having an influence on all players and staff.  Exactly what I expect from a Rangers manager (tu)

How can we not succeed with MW at the helm -- even with limited funds?  He will find players for next to nothing... mold them into our team.. bring out the best in them.    Refreshing.!

I can imagine the reaction if McCoist had signed two players from Acrington Stanley! Last year I would have been really upset at how far we had fallen by signing them.

However, MW has not done much wrong with his player recruitment and I cant wait to see them play. 

There is truly a transformation in Scottish football, so much so that I noticed for a while that other managers where repeating, or versions of, what he had to say about the game.

They soon changed that though as it was obvious to everyone who brought back into fashion.

Fair play to the board on this appointment, it was a bit of a gamble on a rookie manager when they could have gone down the tried and tested traditional route.

MW oozes professionalism from every pore, the amateur hour antics of McCoists tenure look even worse now when you see what can be rattled into place in jig time with a man who knows what its all about.

16 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Fair play to the board on this appointment, it was a bit of a gamble on a rookie manager when they could have gone down the tried and tested traditional route.

MW oozes professionalism from every pore, the amateur hour antics of McCoists tenure look even worse now when you see what can be rattled into place in jig time with a man who knows what its all about.

we can be thankful that mccoist never fluked promotion, or mccall for that matter

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have certainly moved on from hitting the gaffers ares to earn yourself a game.

You made a right "ares" of that shite joke.

Is it so hard to give Warbuton credit instead of concentrating on past failures?

Anyhow, I think the website is a good idea and should prove beneficial to the players. Will keep them off Twitter for a wee while too.:pipe: