Hallidays sending off

lewisrfc93

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Absolute joke. Of a decision, did he pump his fist at Morton fans - yes, from about fifty yards away, it wasn't even the ref that saw anything it was the linesman , he shouted the ref over and fuck knows what he told him, as you say CB , what about all the players who ssshh the fans when they score, a fucken joke of a decision that we can't do anything about.

That stupid rule about no appeal on a yellow card just compounds the muppet of a ref. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That stupid rule about no appeal on a yellow card just compounds the muppet of a ref. 

I think if clubs were allowed to appeal yellows cards there would be a tsunami of appeals but maybe on yellow cards where a mistake has clearly been made the compliance officer should have it in his power to highlight the mistake and rescind the card. 

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I think if clubs were allowed to appeal yellows cards there would be a tsunami of appeals but maybe on yellow cards where a mistake has clearly been made the compliance officer should have it in his power to highlight the mistake and rescind the card. 

A single yellow maybe not, but if you get 2 yellows and sent off you should have some sort of right to appeal if you believe you have been dealt with harshly. 

Absolute ridiculous decision.

Doesnt make many but I do think that MW made an error in his post match interview suggesting he was only celebrating with the Rangers fans.  You just know the Scottish hack pack will use this to have a go at him/us and cloud the issue.

Halliday clearly directed his initial celebration towards the opposition fans but the innocuous nature of it, punching the air a couple of times in celebration in the middle of the park, is the key point.  To get sent off for just that is scandalous.  

48 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

If this is upheld by those in Hamdump then it's set a very dangerous precedence that anyone celebrating towards opposing fans should be booked - even though they could be in the middle of the park walking back in to their own half. Unbelievable 

There Is nothing to uphold mate as we cannot appeal the yellow card.

29 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

In all she  way worse than sears I've been watching fitba,I don't think I've seen a worse decision than that. Clear cheating from an incompetent bheast.

Gazzas booking for finding the Refs yellow card IS way worse than Halidays booking. The game IS fecked

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The visitors' celebrations were cut short, though, with Halliday shown a second yellow card for gesturing triumphantly to the Morton fans

BBC.

FFS is that triumphantly in a 12th of July kind of waydoh

Just when you think the BBC cant sink any lower.

I'm all for defending Halliday for showing past referee incompetence but the fact is he knew he was on a yellow there was no need to be so fucking stupid and get involved in pish like that.  Second time his need to get involved in daft shit could have cost us.