Hallidays sending off

lewisrfc93

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Gestures what?

Och I'm away to bed it's ridiculous to suggest he doesn't gesture.  If this had been a tarrier doing the same to us we'd all be saying he deserved it.  But that's the fickle nature of football fans I suppose.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Behave myself what?  He's on a yellow and he starts gesturing at opposition fans, it's fucking daft.

two red cards in a month which if he hadn't bothered getting involved in daft shit wouldn't have happened.  Let's hope the next time he gets involved in daft shit it doesn't cost us.

I can totally understand getting annoyed at him for the red card against hibs as he did give the ref a decision to make and in my opinion was lucky to win the appeal but tonight was different. That wee section gave every player and Davie Weir abuse the whole night which is fair enough, but when Halliday does a two second fist pump in their direction he can't be expecting to get a second yellow for that. That's like saying if any opposition player scores against Rangers at Ibrox, they can't celebrate unless they are looking directly at the Govan West Corner.

25 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He's made a gesture to opposition fans, like it or lump the rules say that's a bookable offence.  It's a daft rule and he's daft for breaking it when he's on a booking.

Aye, going up to the opposition fans and giving them the wanker gesture is a bookable offence. Not standing pretty much in the middle of the pitch with your fist up in celebration of a goal :lol:

I ended up in a 'debate' in the pub tonight and was called names and told that my attitude left something to be desired and the bar staff saying they wouldn't like to see me in the pub during a hertz or hivs game against us. So I said the last game I was at in this pub was hivs beating Rangers and I didn't say a word.

Thinking about it though, if it was Rangers winning I reckon I'd be in trouble.

I'm getting tired of all this piss in the game and the SFA have to be made to realise that by sanctioning decisions like these, they're guilty of causing more harm than any 'flare' could ever do.

I didn't think at the time it was the linesman that caused the fuss over it to result in a booking and heart & hand podcast have just tweeted ( David Edgar well informed  ) that it was a steward who complained to the pollice who then told linesman. Only in Scotland 

If this is a booking and a sending off then old firm games will be abandoned in future!!!  Players get hyped up in the adrenaline and ecstasy of winning and scoring, if we try to take this out of football then we stand to loose everything that footballs about. We want to see the emotion and passion from our players on the park it's what makes us want to come back, it gives us that connection with the players that let's us know we are all there doing our best for the club. 

SHAMBOLIC DECISION 

I would like to know just how many Morton fans were actually offended, never mind ready to riot by this triumphant gesture, and how many more opposition teams' fans in the future will be affected when exposed to this kind of triumphant gesture ....... :P

Absolute joke that this was allowed to happen ...... common sense must truly be the rarest commodity in Scotland, and even if it could be bottled, there would be more demand for a bottle of pish. 

:uk:

It has to be pointed out that this referee in his last 17 games officiating in the Championship and lower divisions has handed out 79 yellow cards and 4 red cards. In fact he handed out 5 yellow cards the last time he was in charge of a Rangers match which was against QotS at Ibrox; 4 QotS players and 1 Rangers player.

The Rangers player in question was......Andy Halliday. :redcard:

Rumours from the heart and hand podcast Twitter that it was a steward who 'saw' Halliday gesture and then complained to a cop. The cop then informed the linesman who in turn informed the referee. Fucking Chinese whispers.

It's just a rumour like I say but surely with a decision like this the referee must come out and give an explanation as to why he was booked. 

2 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Rumours from the heart and hand podcast Twitter that it was a steward who 'saw' Halliday gesture and then complained to a cop. The cop then informed the linesman who in turn informed the referee. Fucking Chinese whispers.

It's just a rumour like I say but surely with a decision like this the referee must come out and give an explanation as to why he was booked. 

and state why this time was different too other times when he's done the exact same celebration and when opposing players against us have done worse.  

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Behave myself what?  He's on a yellow and he starts gesturing at opposition fans, it's fucking daft.

two red cards in a month which if he hadn't bothered getting involved in daft shit wouldn't have happened.  Let's hope the next time he gets involved in daft shit it doesn't cost us.

Fuck Off

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Och I'm away to bed it's ridiculous to suggest he doesn't gesture.  If this had been a tarrier doing the same to us we'd all be saying he deserved it.  But that's the fickle nature of football fans I suppose.

You must be bevvied cause that statement is just nonsense.  

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Nah, in my case i really wouldn't because i wouldn't want something as completely ridiculous as someone celebrating to constitute a booking.

I spend a large part of the game giving away fans abuse as they do us, something like a player gesturing towards me / fans in general isn't something I'm going to cry about or ever want to see resulting in a booking, it's a farce. 

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

If only you'd gone to bed a little earlier we'd have been spared some pish talk.

8 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

People in the match thread trying to justify it...

:anguish:

The match threads are full of rockets though.

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

I'm all for defending Halliday for showing past referee incompetence but the fact is he knew he was on a yellow there was no need to be so fucking stupid and get involved in pish like that.  Second time his need to get involved in daft shit could have cost us.

Nonsense.