A precedent has now been set

Captain Hilts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the downward slide into sanitising the game continues (basically for us), all the players will soon be given a certificate for turning up and we won't be counting the goals. That way everyone's a winner! Except for the bad boys wearing the blue shirts. Five stars. They've won enough. No more for them. Now everyone's happy! (Coming soon to a SFA/league memo.)

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

If you take the character and emotion out of the player then the terraces will empty.

Why would that matter to these cunts, they have a ready ripped the soul out of the Terraces.  The terraces are now as spontaneous as a political event in North Korea or a NFL game.

Absolute joke. The refereeing in this backwater is fucking laughable.The assaults carried out by Livi on Oduwa unpunished,the non penalty against Falkirk,the non red card for AH and now this shit.I don't know who but someone at the club should write in the strongest terms an official complaint about the incompetence of the clown last night and the various other fuck ups these clowns make on a regular basis.Not that I believe those arrogant fuckwits in charge will give a fuck but at least it would be documented.

11 hours ago, BF2 said:

That incompetent clown in the middle tonight sent off Andy Halliday for celebrating and "gesturing" to the opposition fans after our goal.

Now, I've lost count of the amount of times an opposition player after scoring at Ibrox has cupped their ears or done the shushing celebration to the Rangers fans. Should we expect these players to get booked/sent off every time this happens in the future?

Then again, that would suggest there was actually some consistency and competence amongst our officials, which there clearly isn't.

I agree with that, from now on I'll be shouting and bawling at the referee and linesman to book any opposition player that makes any gesture towards us, no matter how ridiculous it is.

The whole thing is a farce.  I don't actually think we are singled out but their is inconsistency about the way these things are dealt with.  All the passion is being drained from the game.

Unless you can say what the player did was upfront to goad the opposition fans into a rammy then can we not have a bit of leeway.  Folk too easily offended nowadays.

As for taking off your shirt after you scored a goal (especially if its a milestone in your career) what's the fuss about that?    In the States I've seen baseball games stopped to recognise some guy's record achievement.

I wondered why the referees have never given Ronny Deila a card for his 'Ronny Roar' which the papers etc. seem to celebrate, or why Cummings has never received a card for clearly running right along the full touchline at Ibrox whilst celebrating in front of Rangers fans - then I realised the referee clearly made a poor decision which was probably fuelled by bias - he was probably just one of the Morton etc. fans who started to hate Rangers & jamp on the witchhunt bandwagon a few years ago imho.. I bet a few Morton fans of that ilk probably shouted abuse towards Rangers throughout the match which surely motivated any of our players to celebrate finishing them off 2-0

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ref was an Arse - but no precident  set - his fellow refs will be shaking their heads in shame at that booking - Sunday pub league for that ref next week 

Bollocks. Craig Thompson still gets big games and international tournaments and he's a million times worse than that clown last night 

If were all honest there will be no precedent set as we all know what the  chances are of any other player in Scotland getting sent off for the same thing as AH did last night. As mentioned its the inconsistency of these fucking clowns that gets to most if not all.

We are never going to see any justice over this, we have the usual case of one rule for Scottish football another for Rangers, that's what I was thinking, however the truth of the matter is the Ref fucked up and joined a long line of fuckups.