*****Official Rangers v Falkirk match thread*****

Tiger Shaw

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ball to replace Haliday in the holding role and Holt ( If fit ) to replace Zelalem,  the rest as we were for Morton  

3-1 Rangers and 8 points clear......  

Fuck you Hibbies we're gonny win the league :party: 

Didn't we try Ball in the holding role against Hibs at Easter road and the back 5 was an absolute bomb scare until Wilson was hooked after 25 minutes? Personally I'd like Thompson to come in for Halliday even if it is a big match for a youngster to come in.

5 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Didn't we try Ball in the holding role against Hibs at Easter road and the back 5 was an absolute bomb scare until Wilson was hooked after 25 minutes? Personally I'd like Thompson to come in for Halliday even if it is a big match for a youngster to come in.

Ball didn't play the holding role that day he played in a back 3 with Kiernan and Wilson, until Wilson was hooked then we went back to our usual system.

16 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I would be happy to see the lad Thompson get a start against Falkirk but I think Warburton will go with Ball. 

Think we tinkered  with the formation in that Hibs game mate and started with a back three,  canny really remember tbh.? 

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would like to see Mckay in the middle with Holt, Mckay looked brilliant there yesterday. Would put Forrester on the wing.

3-1 Rangers.

I'd go with this, thought McKay caused them problems in the middle.

id also like Thompson for Halliday rather than ball, nothing against ball just prefer him to play central defence when he plays.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would be happy to see the lad Thompson get a start against Falkirk but I think Warburton will go with Ball. 

Think we tinkered  with the formation in that Hibs game mate and started with a back three,  canny really remember tbh.? 

I'd play Thompson instead of Zelalem (if Holt is out).......but it won't happen.

Ball is a stick-on for the Haliday role.

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ball in for Halliday and Holt back in for Zelalem. Really need an improvement from last night.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Please let Jason Holt be fit, don't think this is a game for Zelalem.

We need the purposeful drive as per the Hibs match.

Can see Shiels coming in if Holt is injured. I just don't know if Zelalem would be chosen to start.

Shiels always makes an impact off the bench, though, which we will lose.

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Can see Shiels coming in if Holt is injured. I just don't know if Zelalem would be chosen to start.

Shiels always makes an impact off the bench, though, which we will lose.

I think MW saw that Zelalem wasn't the man to shake us out from what was a relatively unconvincing run of form prior to the Hibs game and put Law in his place. We needed more forward momentum and less sideways.

I think we need to be positive on Saturday and look for a similar approach to that of the Hibs game.

ie. Zelalem on the bench

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I think MW saw that Zelalem wasn't the man to shake us out from what was a relatively unconvincing run of form prior to the Hibs game and put Law in his place. We needed more forward momentum and less sideways.

I think we need to be positive on Saturday and look for a similar approach to that of the Hibs game.

ie. Zelalem on the bench

I agree, and you know I don't dislike Zelalem. I think he is tidy, and I think he does move the ball, but he doesn't have the and he doesn't have the tenacity for him to star in this team just now.

But that's what he's here to learn, I suppose. He will go back to Arsenal with good experiences anyway, but I don't want to see him start on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I agree, and you know I don't dislike Zelalem. I think he is tidy, and I think he does move the ball, but he doesn't have the and he doesn't have the tenacity for him to star in this team just now.

But that's what he's here to learn, I suppose. He will go back to Arsenal with good experiences anyway, but I don't want to see him start on Saturday.

The other main point regards Zelalem is as you point out,  he is an Arsenal player.

When there is little between players regards selection, I'd tend to play our own players and develop them.

I saw enough 'gallus ability' in Thompson to think he is deserving of more gametime.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

The other main point regards Zelalem is as you point out,  he is an Arsenal player.

When there is little between players regards selection, I'd tend to play our own players and develop them.

I saw enough 'gallus ability' in Thompson to think he is deserving of more gametime.

I think the same way, we should develop our own rather than someone else's so I think there is more to it than this.

We obviously want to build bridges with the EPL clubs so that we can demonstrate sending players on loan here is worth their while. So I believe that I'm looking at the big picture with regards to Thompson but the truth is Warburton may well be looking at the even bigger picture for the club rather than just 1 player.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think Shiels deserves a start, tbh.

rather him as deep-lying midfielder than Ball.

I'd hope we mibbe have a new signing but wont be holding my breath.

Signing Vaulks from Falkirk would be a good move IMO, not just because we are playing them but he is young and talented and I think would fit in well.

We'd obviously have the tell him not to do his flips to celebrate as it might be inflammatory.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I think the same way, we should develop our own rather than someone else's so I think there is more to it than this.

We obviously want to build bridges with the EPL clubs so that we can demonstrate sending players on loan here is worth their while. So I believe that I'm looking at the big picture with regards to Thompson but the truth is Warburton may well be looking at the even bigger picture for the club rather than just 1 player.

I'd hope that an excellent youth academy should eventually produce enough young players of it's own to make taking young loan players from the EPL unnecessary.

Gametime is a fundamental part of developing young players and I just don't see enough benefit coming from Zelalem and previously Oduwa to justify them taking the place of our own players. 

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Signing Vaulks from Falkirk would be a good move IMO, not just because we are playing them but he is young and talented and I think would fit in well.

We'd obviously have the tell him not to do his flips to celebrate as it might be inflammatory.

I'd be surprised if they sold us Vaulks.

we wouldn't let Murdoch go there on loan.

Just now, buster. said:

I'd hope that an excellent youth academy should eventually produce enough young players of it's own to make taking young loan players from the EPL unnecessary.

Gametime is a fundamental part of developing young players and I just don't see enough benefit coming from Zelalem and previously Oduwa to justify them taking the place of our own players. 

I agree and Warburton talks of having to "give players a pathway to the first team". Yes Thompson has been on the bench but he needs to play at some stage.

I don't think our academy will ever be responsible for the first team XI, though I would love it if that were the case, so I think we have to be smart here.

Getting young and hungry players from the EPL is a wise move if we don't have money to sign players permanently. If we manage to get back into Europe and start generating capital then perhaps we'll supplement our youths with experienced signings.

With Zelalem he has shown flashes (his assist for Waggy at Airdrie stands out for me) but he's not the finished article by a longshot and doesn't offer as much to the team as Holt or Law. I'd like to see Thompson get a start to see what he can do rather than become another Sinnamon like player where his reputation on this forum precedes the player.