bitterness is oozing out of boyd...

KingKirk

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we were well ahead in the league I wouldn't be too worried about players coming in at this stage but as it stands all it would take is another mini slump similar to the one before Christmas and we could easily find ourselves  in 2nd place, also we have been fortunate on the injury front so far and with a lean squad if we had to lose 2 or 3 of our regulars to injuries then this would have a real impact on the team.

I'm more than happy with the job current board board have done so far but if MW feels we need players in then they, especially Dave King have to find the funds to support him. 

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

If we were well ahead in the league I wouldn't be too worried about players coming in at this stage but as it stands all it would take is another mini slump similar to the one before Christmas and we could easily find ourselves  in 2nd place, also we have been fortunate on the injury front so far and with a lean squad if we had to lose 2 or 3 of our regulars to injuries then this would have a real impact on the team.

I'm more than happy with the job current board board have done so far but if MW feels we need players in then they, especially Dave King have to find the funds to support him. 

MW has talked of a player or two and I think we've got to wait until the end of the window before we look at the squad again rather than the daily debate/noise that newspapers and media want to promote.

MW has also said he prefers a lean squad and the fact is we've had fewer injuries than I can ever remember us having (touch wood). You have to wonder if this is because of sports science/training programmes, luck or a bit of both.

He's said fuck all wrong.

I'm giving King a chance to back up his words and promises.  We don't need the millions of pounds worth of investment he promised and spoke about at the moment, but from May onwards we will, and if he fails to deliver, I hope everyone rounds up on him the way they did with the previous mob.

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He's said fuck all wrong.

I'm giving King a chance to back up his words and promises.  We don't need the millions of pounds worth of investment he promised and spoke about at the moment, but from May onwards we will, and if he fails to deliver, I hope everyone rounds up on him the way they did with the previous mob.

The 'previous mobs' were on a different solar system regards MO.

Previous #Pillage

Current #Repair

-----------------------------------------

And as for money going into the club from directors via loans that are to converted to equity that is already an 8 figure number, have you forgot those or don't they count.

The club has to be run in a sustainable way and we are putting into place a footballing infrastructure so as to be able to get there. We are 5 points clear in the League and the highest League goalscorers in UK senior football. We are doing this with an arm behind our back thanks to the previous mobs.

Too many sound like kids at Xmas who want their presents early.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

The 'previous mobs' were on a different solar system regards MO.

Previous #Pillage

Current #Repair

-----------------------------------------

And as for money going into the club from directors via loans that are to converted to equity that is already an 8 figure number, have you forgot those or don't they count.

The club has to be run in a sustainable way and we are putting into place a footballing infrastructure so as to be able to get there. We are 5 points clear in the League and the highest League goalscorers in UK senior football. We are doing this with an arm behind our back thanks to the previous mobs.

Too many sound like kids at Xmas who want their presents early.

I'm not getting involved in this shite, away and read the article from Kings mansion in South Africa about the need for £50m worth of investment to turn the club around.  I believe he also spoke about spending his kids inheritance money in it.  Now don't even reply to me, I'm not interested, believe me you'll hear what I have to say if the investment isn't made once we're back in the top flight.

Just now, GOAT said:

I'm not getting involved in this shite, away and read the article from Kings mansion in South Africa about the need for £50m worth of investment to turn the club around.  I believe he also spoke about spending his kids inheritance money in it.  Now don't even reply to me, I'm not interested, believe me you'll hear what I have to say if the investment isn't made once we're back in the top flight.

IMO King talked too much and has only made a rod for his own and the club's back. Not only regards numbers but also in the Autumn regards on-field expectations and timescales.

Circumstances can change and if you are taking the numbers and what DK said back in the day............. then you'd have to look at the 5M loan from SDI retail.com that within a previous strategy regards SD issues, there was no intention to pay back that money in the forseeable future.

However and for some unknown reason that future brought a change. The 5M was repaid in December and this obviously impacts on short to medium term cashflow. 

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Did people honestly think DK was going to do a florentino Perez and buy a bunch of galacticos this janrurary? Need to be realistic with how much damaged was done to the club last few years

1. Nobody is asking him to spend tens of millions :lol: 

2. What has that got to do with anything? The money is there :rolleyes:

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

1. Nobody is asking him to spend tens of millions :lol: 

2. What has that got to do with anything? The money is there :rolleyes:

It's the fact people are complaining about for instance MOH not being signed yet , we are still not fully back to our shining best as a club and have a long way to go (even just have to see the piggery from the outside)  we made a lot of changes in the summer and have signed a few more players (even if on short contracts) this January , think we have done fairly well in a short period of time and the summer window will be a better judge of how our state of affairs are.

i would like to see some of the money used on ibrox as well

Nobody is expecting anything crazy, but I expect Warburton over the next two to three seasons to have a few million pound there if needed to buy players to challenge for the leagues, cups and take us to the next level in Europe.  

I don't expect us to spend £20, 30, 40m in one summer, those days are gone, everyone knows that, but I expect us to have a good £5-10m in the summer available, then a few million for the next few years to build a squad to compete in Europe. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Nobody is expecting anything crazy, but I expect Warburton over the next two to three seasons to have a few million pound there if needed to buy players to challenge for the leagues, cups and take us to the next level in Europe.  

I don't expect us to spend £20, 30, 40m in one summer, those days are gone, everyone knows that, but I expect us to have a good £5-10m in the summer available, then a few million for the next few years to build a squad to compete in Europe. 

We won't compete in Europe with a squad worth that much period.

Personal opinion is we have more chance with warburtons philosophy and playing style though

1 minute ago, The No.9 said:

We won't compete in Europe with a squad worth that much period.

Personal opinion is we have more chance with warburtons philosophy and playing style though

What makes you say we wont compete? 

We should be at the very least playing CL football every season, and playing European football after christmas every season.  I don't see how that is an unrealistic aim.

Just now, GOAT said:

We should be at the very least playing CL football every season, and playing European football after christmas every season.  I don't see how that is an unrealistic aim.

Sorry taking part I agree with I thought you generally meant like competing to go through the groups consistently  , my bad

Just now, The No.9 said:

Sorry taking part I agree with I thought you generally meant like competing to go through the groups consistently  , my bad

I reckon a club like ours in the league we're win should be playing CL football every season with the hope of at least reaching the last 16, at the very least Europa league after Christmas.  Anything less is a failure in Europe IMO.

As for the Europa League, I see no reason why we can't win that.

Maybe 10-15 years ago CL would be realistic aim every season but Scottish football is now on a par with with the Scandinavian leagues. It's a huge achievement to get to the CL groups, it wont be done that often in the future because we are getting more qualifying rounds and playing teams well into their seasons.

The above is the aim but I wouldn't say it's realistic at all, the league we play in seriously hampers us. Playing against dog shit every week makes it a feat to raise the game to the level needed to deal with European clubs in the CL or EL.  

We should be there and do our best yes but European teams have moved on so much average German and Spanish teams are wiping the floor with the "best" in England etc 

i feel if we build with this new philosophy and sign smart and bring through players in that mold also, we would compete far greater. I could be full of shit but I always find warburton has a lot of his ideas come from the likes of Ajax and barcelonas formats 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Firstly, we aren't going to win the top tier next season. 

Listen to Paul Murray last springtime and John Gilligan recently for projected and approximate timscales.

Secondly the important work now is for MW&Co to use their expertise to put a footballing infrastructure in place that will serve the club for years to come and continue if and when MW eventually moves on (hopefully not for several years). We need this to be a success to harbour hopes of becoming both successful and viable in the long-term.

Thirdly this has to be done within obvious financial constraints as the board continue efforts to 'repair' the club. A process that won't be short and will need more injections of cash so as to keep the lights on.

Fourthly keeping the lights on is number one priority.

--------------------------

Despite all of the above I'd expect MW to get some finance in the summer to hopefully prepare for the top tier and what you say "over the next two to three seasons to have a few million pound"...... isn't unreasonable.

However you go on to say "5-10M this summer" which I don't think will happen.

---------------------------

We are a club still fighting on many fronts thanks to past regimes and that and the damage done shouldn't be forgotten.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Firstly, we aren't going to win the top tier next season. 

Listen to Paul Murray last springtime and John Gilligan recently for projected and approximate timscales.

Simply not good enough. No reason whatsoever why we shouldn't win that league in the first attempt.

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You don't see how something we couldn't achieve while spending vastly more money than we do now (or likely will in the future) is unrealistic? 

13 minutes ago, The No.9 said:
6 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

We should be there and do our best yes but European teams have moved on so much average German and Spanish teams are wiping the floor with the "best" in England etc 

i feel if we build with this new philosophy and sign smart and bring through players in that mold also, we would compete far greater. I could be full of shit but I always find warburton has a lot of his ideas come from the likes of Ajax and barcelonas formats 

The only 'average' German or Spanish teams against 'England's best' never won a game.

Dnipro were close to winning the EL last season, Astana nearly came out the groups this season against Atletico Madrid and Benfica. It will take a few year but why can't we be like that?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You don't see how something we couldn't achieve while spending vastly more money than we do now (or likely will in the future) is unrealistic? 

We got to a last sixteen with, Ian Murray and Steven Thompson in our team and nearly got through. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Simply not good enough. No reason whatsoever why we shouldn't win that league in the first attempt.

Everyone wants to win the league and everything they enter but you can either be realistic or very optimistic, that's for the individual to decide.

We might win it but I'd say as it stands we are very much outsiders who are looking to close the gap and win the 55th as quickly as possible within the existing circumstances.