Barry Ferguson

Laudrup1690

Just watched a few YouTube videos from champions league where we humped psv,sturm Graz and played bayern off the park in 1-1 draw and wee baz absolutely dominated In those games and got me thinking a don't think we truly realise how good a player he was at such a young age to dominante on that stage and doubt we will see a young player come through the ranks as good as him in a long long time

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Just watched a few YouTube videos from champions league where we humped psv,sturm Graz and played bayern off the park in 1-1 draw and wee baz absolutely dominated In those games and got me thinking a don't think we truly realise how good a player he was at such a young age to dominante on that stage and doubt we will see a young player come through the ranks as good as him in a long long time

I absolutely appreciate how good he was, a Rangers legend in my eyes. The best midfielder of his generation, stamped his authority in countless European games against world class opposition, bossed the midfield superbly well. No revisionism from the anti-everything-Rangers cabal on here will ever change that for me.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

I absolutely appreciate how good he was, a Rangers legend in my eyes. The best midfielder of his generation, stamped his authority in countless European games against world class opposition, bossed the midfield superbly well. No revisionism from the anti-everything-Rangers cabal on here will ever change that for me.

Me too I find it strange some people on here slag him a wee bit but for me I thought he was excellent and deserves legendary status 

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Miller better than durrant..are you drunk?

Not at all Charlie miller was a far better player than Durrant he just didn't make the most of his talent, he was one of the best player i've see breaking through at us

Derek Ferguson was a better player than his brother Barry as well but again he never made the most of his talent.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Charlie Miller was better than Durrant, Ferguson was a great player.

Charlie Miller flattered to deceive, never lived up to his early hype, or anywhere near it. I remember he was being compared to Giggs at that time. If only.

Durrant was living up to all his potential, and would've really 'made it' if not for the injury.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not at all Charlie miller was a far better player than Durrant he just didn't make the most of his talent, he was one of the best player i've see breaking through at us

Derek Ferguson was a better player than his brother Barry as well but again he never made the most of his talent.

I agree Charlie didn't make the most of his ability but durrant was amazing before that twat wrecked his knee

5 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Until Durrant got fucked he was the best young player Scotland had produced in years.

Great player but Charlie had everything as did Derek both never made the most of it but they were very talented.

Fergusons best was when he was an attacking midfielder and it lasted about 18 months then he decided to pass sideways and very rarely go near the opponents box. For that 18 months he was superb .Without the injury Durrant would have been the best of the bunch.

Charlie Miller was shite.........

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Going off performances on pitch over the years B Ferguson was best out of all of them 

He was as he kept going Ferguson was a talent that we will be lucky to see again, even his last season the one everyone say's he was terrible in he was good/great but it was hard to live up to what he's been before with his ankle injuries and taking injections before games..

My favourite ranger, loved Barry and the way he lead the team and above all his passion and will to win. 

Been fortunate to be in his company on many occasions and never seen the side to him that others portray.

His free kick at hampden v the taigs was perfection, my all time best day out following rangers. 

fergie pre blackburn was miles away from anyone else, post blackburn he thought everything should go through him no matter what, maybe he felt the need to try carry the team, who knows

as for durrant, miller and ferguson (both) i dont think there is a comparison as all 4 were in completely different eras of rangers teams if you will

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Agree with your last point 100%.  On the first point, neither Durrant nor Miller ever reached their full potential obviously for very different reasons.  Miller had the chance to be a star and blewit, Durrant never got hat choice to make.  That side I believe Durrant was a more complete player.

Would loved to have seen Durrant surrounded by the players from the B. Ferguson era.

Ferguson before Blackburn was a class act but he came back a totally different player. Not the same.

Not really fussed on him person wise. Seems a clown but the footballing ability never in doubt. In that Advocaat team he was bossing midfields.

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

fergie pre blackburn was miles away from anyone else, post blackburn he thought everything should go through him no matter what, maybe he felt the need to try carry the team, who knows

as for durrant, miller and ferguson (both) i dont think there is a comparison as all 4 were in completely different eras of rangers teams if you will

Completely different eras??

Durrant, Miller and Barry played in the same team.

Durrant played with each of the others. Completely different eras would be Baxter and Gascoigne not players that actually played in the same side. Ferguson was class at times and over rated at times, carried us at times and really showed quality as a young player in the champions league. Probably edges it as out of the 4 he fulfilled his potential and maybe more.

Durrant for me was the best of the four, though i think Barry's european performances were different class considering the quality we faced. Miller & Derek Ferguson have really only themselves to blame for how things worked out for them . I feel fortunate to have watched all four although the sad thing is imo they all probably peaked by 23 , injuries making Barry & Ian adapt their game and while still successful I dont think they were quite the same.