Amount of folk claiming Warburton will walk..

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not be naive, if he doesn't get the backing of the board with transfers then he has every right to go. All football managers would in those situations. Not saying this will happen soon, but if he doesn't get the backing he needs in the summer window then I can see him going.

Why do people think Warburton rates o'halloran so highly?

what if he values hit the £150k mark and no higher?

he won't walk, he has too much class and respect for that. He might leave in the summer if it was so bad but as far as I can tell he is targeting lower value players that he sees potential with and we've signed all but 2....1 due to the selling club being our title rivals and the other due to our valuation of a player differing from that of the selling club and another team was willing to pay it.

I think it's fairly obvious what Boyd's up to and I doubt whether this will make Mark decide to leave.

Personally though, I do think Boyd has a point to some extend and the fans are putting their money in, so where is all your promised investment Mr King?

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Why do people think Warburton rates o'halloran so highly?

what if he values hit the £150k mark and no higher?

he won't walk, he has too much class and respect for that. He might leave in the summer if it was so bad but as far as I can tell he is targeting lower value players that he sees potential with and we've signed all but 2....1 due to the selling club being our title rivals and the other due to our valuation of a player differing from that of the selling club and another team was willing to pay it.

If he only values him at £150k then we shouldn't be signing him, we have a title to win next season and players of that calibre won't deliver. 

7 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I think it's fairly obvious what Boyd's up to and I doubt whether this will make Mark decide to leave.

Personally though, I do think Boyd has a point to some extend and the fans are putting their money in, so where is all your promised investment Mr King?

why are people never fucking happy.....do you want to teleport back to a year ago. fuck me we have stability, we have a great manager , we are top of the league, we are playing good football, our half year losses are down significantly we've signed 10 players permanently (2 on short term deals) and 3 loans but yeah where's your money King........doh

edit: the other thing last year at this time under McDowall we took on 5 loanees from Newcastle who hardly kicked a ball, we paid their wages and would give Newcastle 500k if we got promoted.

11 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

If he only values him at £150k then we shouldn't be signing him, we have a title to win next season and players of that calibre won't deliver. 

(tu)

spend over the odds just now on players of lower quality than we could get next year, panic buying to secure the title, or we spend wisely and not being mugged and save up,for next year when the quality of player we can attract will be better.

Where the fuck did all this spout out from? MW knows the script regarding our finances. We're not going to spend big in the Championship. He'll get some cash when we return to where we belong; judge it then. The likes of Boyd and Stewart just need to shut the fuck up and stop shit stirring. 

There is no way he will walk IMO, he has a league to win and win it he will. He might be disappointed if O'Halloran doesn't sigh but I don't see him making a big deal of it.

The board have just raised an unexpected £6.5 million so now is not the time for spending more than the cash flow will permit. Once the Championship is won it should be easier to get more funding to gear up for the Premiership and if the purse strings are not loosened for some decent signings then I would expect Mr Warburton to be rightly pissed off.  

It's a legitimate line of thought that if he feels he's not getting backed by King he will walk away. He might have even said as much when he joined us.

I don't think it's at that stage yet, though. The real test for King's investment comes in the summer for next season - not trying to add one or two bits of quality in this window.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If the board don't back him he eventually will walk.

Not doubting that, it'd be the same for most managers, but is there anything to suggest he hasn't been backed. A club making losses letting him sign 10 players a 3 loan deals seems like backing to me. Saying we didn't get diagouraga due to lack of backing is wide of the mark IMO

The title should read 'Amount of folk wishing Warburton will walk'

Its scaremongering and wishful thinking from rivals. It is naive of anyone to think the man who is in charge of all footballing aspects of the club will have no say in the valuation of transfer targets.-

If boards don't back their manager then yes the manager will not be happy, but the Rangers board is backing MW across all aspects of the club and he appears very happy to be here.

People ignore what the man himself says. He has said this is a long term project he is committed to, he has said he is delighted with the boards support, but some would rather pontificate about him being frustrated and desperate, and potentially annoyed with the board. All because Diagouraga went to Leeds and O'Halloran hasn't been brought in yet. It's so stupid, yet some gleefully lap it up for whatever reason.

He is an experienced, grown man not a teenager playing football manager. Some really aren't giving Warburton the credit and respect he deserves.

Its just another load of tish tosh probably designed to try and destabiise rangers in the hope we dont win promotion.

I find it all laughable that the other teams are that boring that the press cant find anything to write about them.

It truely is all about the "gers".

56 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not doubting that, it'd be the same for most managers, but is there anything to suggest he hasn't been backed. A club making losses letting him sign 10 players a 3 loan deals seems like backing to me. Saying we didn't get diagouraga due to lack of backing is wide of the mark IMO

Warburton will have identified Diagoraga and MOH as players wants.  It's the boards job to go out and get those players.  If the board fail to get those players then Warburton is left with nothing until the summer.  Hibs have strengthened and could still win this league we shouldn't be fucking around during this window.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Warburton will have identified Diagoraga and MOH as players wants.  It's the boards job to go out and get those players.  If the board fail to get those players then Warburton is left with nothing until the summer.  Hibs have strengthened and could still win this league we shouldn't be fucking around during this window.

I wouldn't say Warburton is left with nothing, he's smart enough not to put all his eggs in one basket.

As for Hibs I'm not concerned about their signings at all. We need to focus on winning our games and I believe that even without signings we are strong enough for that.

would I like to see another couple come in? Sure, but if they don't I won't be panicking.

I thought hibs just brought in a short term loan player.Were we not getting hammered for that at the start of the season lol.

And no I am not worried about antony stokes.

One lucky strike does not make a summer.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he's lost out on two of his top targets he has every right to be pissed.

Can't see him walking anytime soon though.

(tu)

Totally agree BB, being ready to walk, and being pissed off, are two separate issues. 

If we don't get the players we are after it will be down to the selling club doing the usual dance of asking too much, or the players agent trying to also screw up the price for self gain.

If we don't get the required targets, yes, it can piss you off, I'm sure the manager has the right to be pissed off then.

I believe the people responsible for acquiring players are trying to get us value and won't be pushed into buying for buyings sake.

The biggest thing that MW stresses is value for the team (this I presume includes monetary value), and in turn The Club, so don't see him disagreeing with the process to the point of throwing the toys out the pram and "Walking".

He knew the situation when he came to The Club, and I am sure he is well aware of the transfer market and will not be pressurised by outside influences.

For me the summer transfer window will be the crucial one for our future in the Premiership, that's the one where money required may have to be be increased for players, hopefully the board do as they said they will and fund the manager then, if not then the situation could be different between manager and board, but so far things are fine, and I am hoping this will not be the situation and we go from strength to strength.

All the bullshit about walking is just that, and all paper talk to stir the pot for paper sales.

:uk: 

i was quite pissed off when i seen Boyd on the news earlier making pish statements like that

the fact he is still playing, to me, means he should keep his trap shut about things like that.

fair enough if you are covering a game on BT/Sky by all means comment on the game/team but dont give an interview saying things like "he might leave if he doesnt get backing" during an interview when your promoting some other shite

imagine Jason Holt being interviewed by Raman and saying "i think Gary Locke will walk if the Killie board dont get him a few bodies in soon"

players shouldnt be commenting on clubs boards and managers in my opinion.

also somes up the state of the media that he was asked the question in the first place.