Amount of folk claiming Warburton will walk..

CoatbridgeBear

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

Totally agree BB, being ready to walk, and being pissed off, are two separate issues. 

If we don't get the players we are after it will be down to the selling club doing the usual dance of asking too much, or the players agent trying to also screw up the price for self gain.

If we don't get the required targets, yes, it can piss you off, I'm sure the manager has the right to be pissed off then.

I believe the people responsible for acquiring players are trying to get us value and won't be pushed into buying for buyings sake.

The biggest thing that MW stresses is value for the team (this I presume includes monetary value), and in turn The Club, so don't see him disagreeing with the process to the point of throwing the toys out the pram and "Walking".

He knew the situation when he came to The Club, and I am sure he is well aware of the transfer market and will not be pressurised by outside influences.

For me the summer transfer window will be the crucial one for our future in the Premiership, that's the one where money required may have to be be increased for players, hopefully the board do as they said they will and fund the manager then, if not then the situation could be different between manager and board, but so far things are fine, and I am hoping this will not be the situation and we go from strength to strength.

All the bullshit about walking is just that, and all paper talk to stir the pot for paper sales.

:uk: 

This!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, mo55 said:

I thought hibs just brought in a short term loan player.Were we not getting hammered for that at the start of the season lol.

And no I am not worried about antony stokes.

One lucky strike does not make a summer.

I firmly believe Stokes and Cummings will too much for this level.  They'll score a lot of goals and I can't see Hibs dropping many points as a result.  The heads to head games will be important and Hibs are capable of beating us.  Bottom line is they've strengthened and with Oduwa leaving we've lost a bit of quality.  This will be a good window for Hibs IF things remain as they are.  I do think we'll win this league but Hibs pose a very real threat to that and staying down again would be another disaster.

Fucking joke.  MW runs the show.  He is a successful businessman...and is committed to be a successful manager.   He knows... this is his opportunity.  Make us successful (i.e. back competing in Europe) and a top 10 Management position in the 'real' league (EPL) will follow.

Win win for us.

MW is no one's mug (tu)

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I firmly believe Stokes and Cummings will too much for this level.  They'll score a lot of goals and I can't see Hibs dropping many points as a result.  The heads to head games will be important and Hibs are capable of beating us.  Bottom line is they've strengthened and with Oduwa leaving we've lost a bit of quality.  This will be a good window for Hibs IF things remain as they are.  I do think we'll win this league but Hibs pose a very real threat to that and staying down again would be another disaster.

fair does for your opinion but I think hibs are overhyped and overrated in this league. You only have to look at the goal difference between us and them. They sometimes win games luckiily at the last minute. We have steam rollered teams but sometimes dropped points when things went against us.We have never had to rely on luck though.We are truly the superior team in this league and it will show in the course of the season.

I thought we had brought in a couple of players already this transfer window, though with Cammy Bell back from injury now the other goalie was probably not required, hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Also, as far as I can tell the transfer window isn't shut yet so there is still time if the right person can be found, I also doubt that the two names we've publicly been linked with are the only two players on MWs list.

Anyway this is more about Boyd being a fat useless Cock who should keep his mouth shut, he knows fuck all about funding and investment, the prick is only jealous that he isn't part of the new regime and is probably trying to cause unrest because of the Killie game when it finally comes round.

As for actual investment, remember it's not just about getting players in, there is also the investment in a scouting network being set up and having someone to run that, there is also the investment to change the mentality and style of play through all levels of the club, there is even the investment that was made of the players having to analyse their own mistakes, the games etc on computers that also costs money to set up etc.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

Totally agree BB, being ready to walk, and being pissed off, are two separate issues. 

If we don't get the players we are after it will be down to the selling club doing the usual dance of asking too much, or the players agent trying to also screw up the price for self gain.

If we don't get the required targets, yes, it can piss you off, I'm sure the manager has the right to be pissed off then.

I believe the people responsible for acquiring players are trying to get us value and won't be pushed into buying for buyings sake.

The biggest thing that MW stresses is value for the team (this I presume includes monetary value), and in turn The Club, so don't see him disagreeing with the process to the point of throwing the toys out the pram and "Walking".

He knew the situation when he came to The Club, and I am sure he is well aware of the transfer market and will not be pressurised by outside influences.

For me the summer transfer window will be the crucial one for our future in the Premiership, that's the one where money required may have to be be increased for players, hopefully the board do as they said they will and fund the manager then, if not then the situation could be different between manager and board, but so far things are fine, and I am hoping this will not be the situation and we go from strength to strength.

All the bullshit about walking is just that, and all paper talk to stir the pot for paper sales.

Failure to get promoted again will cost this club millions.  If we can spend on someone who can get us back to the top tier it'll be some of the best value for money we've ever had.  

Our team is more than capable of winning this league and the way we ripped Hibs a new one last time we played them showed that, even with 10 men. 

Also really don't give a toss as to who they sign Stokes is a Baw-Bag and if you put pressure on him he will crack and resort to dirty tricks and probably end up getting sent off.

5 minutes ago, mo55 said:

fair does for your opinion but I think hibs are overhyped and overrated in this league. You only have to look at the goal difference between us and them. They sometimes win games luckiily at the last minute. We have steam rollered teams but sometimes dropped points when things went against us.We have never had to rely on luck though.We are truly the superior team in this league and it will show in the course of the season.

Hibs should've beat us at Ibrox when they first visited this season.  We were very lucky to get a point from that game.  So your wrong.

13 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Our team is more than capable of winning this league and the way we ripped Hibs a new one last time we played them showed that, even with 10 men. 

Also really don't give a toss as to who they sign Stokes is a Baw-Bag and if you put pressure on him he will crack and resort to dirty tricks and probably end up getting sent off.

Signing Stokes has significantly improved Hibs (although I'm sure you disagree).  We haven't signed anyone, during this window, who will offer us that same type of improvement.  Just my opinion.

12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Failure to get promoted again will cost this club millions.  If we can spend on someone who can get us back to the top tier it'll be some of the best value for money we've ever had.  

No argument there TMB, but we can only get what players we can get by mutual agreement. 

I don't think O'Halloran is the be all to end all, and presume he is not the only player we have in line for this window, if we get him fine, if not also fine. 

I was hoping for a proven clinical striker to come in this window, with a solid holding central midfielder, and as the window is still open I live in hope and agree that a signing that will help to ensure our promotion even more, would not go amiss.

Stokes is pish, greedy pish. I think he will hinder them rather than improve. Cummings is better, a target man that will have reduced opportunities if stokes is on the field.

the guy can't get in one of the worst celtic teams ever ffs :lol: 

Some people's knowledge of the beautiful game is really below par on here.

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he's lost out on two of his top targets he has every right to be pissed.

Can't see him walking anytime soon though.

I can't 100% agree with that. If Warburton has lost out on his two top targets because the board would not give him what he feels the two players were worth then he is right to be upset.

However if he thinks a player is worth £X and the current players team think he is worth £X + £150,000 then missing out on these players is no real problem for the Manager, he will be able to find players of similar (if not better) quality elsewhere.

What a lot of pish.

MW has been well backed since he arrived. New players, head scout, the guy who watches the DVD's :pipe: & we have two players who are coming in the summer.

We wont get every player we go after and MW wont be the type to spit his dummy out about it, imo.

Its probably a good thing a good thing the way we are dealing in the transfer market. Historically clubs would add £000's onto the asking price because its us. If clubs realise we have our valuation and that's it we might get fucked around less.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hibs should've beat us at Ibrox when they first visited this season.  We were very lucky to get a point from that game.  So your wrong.

.Hivs didn't beat us and that's a fact.Its also a fact that Rangers are sitting top of the league.If leagues were won on should haves and nearly dids  well fuck knows who would win each year.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

What a lot of pish.

MW has been well backed since he arrived. New players, head scout, the guy who watches the DVD's :pipe: & we have two players who are coming in the summer.

We wont get every player we go after and MW wont be the type to spit his dummy out about it, imo.

Its probably a good thing a good thing the way we are dealing in the transfer market. Historically clubs would add £000's onto the asking price because its us. If clubs realise we have our valuation and that's it we might get fucked around less.

Said before.For the first time in years we actually have a manager and management team who actually have their finger on the pulse of player valuation.They will arrive at what a players worth given the collective experience of all involved and wont be fucked over by these teams anymore as has been done in the past.There are some out there amongst the Rangers support who are needing to stop fucking flapping and trust the management team to do the job that they are more than capable of doing.

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pish, we missed sitters and they missed sitters, it was an even game and we came out with 3 points because we scored and they didn't.

24 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Pish, we missed sitters and they missed sitters, it was an even game and we came out with 3 points because we scored and they didn't.

Got to disagree here Hibs missed some glorious opportunities that day and we were hanging on for a good spell in that second half. It was evened out at Easter Road though when they beat us after we played them off the pitch the second half in that game.

We beat Hibs with 10men quite comfortably. With only 1 of the loanees featuring due to the red card. I think this gives us a little bit of insight to what we would need. It is a credit to Hibs and Falkirk to still be within 10 points of us at this stage but I wouldn't get carried away at them signing Stokes its 1 player and for him to play it will break up the partnership of Cummings and keatings. There is no way Warburton has been let down by the board on valuation. He has been trusted to bring in his own staff and restructure all aspects of the clubs management from scouting, analysis even IT with player profiling. This would have cost way more than the £100k or so we are supposedly short of. Also if we had £1mil to spend last week on 2 different players we will still have that £1million to spend on 1 player. Understandably King will take some slack for comments of £30million and over spending but it's not solely his desicion what gets spent on a player the manager will have a valuation and shortlist of targets aswell as the other directors. I'm glad we have a manager who understands value and won't overspend like King said we would. Maybe Warburton sees more value in getting Murray Park up to scratch and finally using it properly than in an SPFL player. No disrespect to him but we won't be held to ransom by the chairmen that voted us out and wished us dead.

Would be gutted and we would be back to square one. He makes us tick. His qualities are second to none. Can't see past him and anyone else that we could afford would definitely be second best.

The only problem is, if we are recognising this so is everyone else. Can't think of anyone in the the mhedia who has a bad word to say about him. I've noticed he also seems to get mention and air time on Sky and BT when others like Ronnie bhoy get nothing, so he still attracts attention down south.

If I were King, I would be reviewing his deal and making sure he is happy, keeping him informed of what's happening at the club off the park, allaying any uncertainties and so on,  as I am sure he can see we have got someone who has turned out even better than King first thought. A new deal would need to be special as it would be different to make sure he has little interest in being tempted to return south. Ally's shares would be a good start as well as a slug of funds in the summer.

Mark Warburton strikes me as a very stable and knowledgeable guy, I'm pretty sure he knows the intricacies of transfer dealings and I think that a discussion on how they go about getting a transfer target and available funds would have been taken place before himself and Davie Weir signed, he would have been well aware of the position before he signed.

We are not aware, and neither will the press be, no matter what they would like people to think, of what the transfer strategy and budget  is, the strategy and budget will be known to a select few, and as mentioned previously Warburton will have known it's limitations prior to taking the job and I think, along with many others, that all the garbage that's being spouted about him walking is an attempt to unsettle the Rangers fan base, which to be fair, after everything we've been through recently, doesn't take much.

We are in a great position for going up at present, the ones starting these rumours etc. have their own agenda for doing so, Boyd for instance, we're playing his team in a fortnight, they are not great, so they will try anything to get the upper hand and cause a bit of uncertainty which, they hope, will be felt by the players on the park.

As for not getting our transfer target's, Warburton's not daft he knows transfers fall through for a number of reason's.

Regarding the O'Halloran transfer, I think it may well go through after the semi-final, St. Johnstone  need him for the semi-final and Tommy Wright would be daft to let him go before then, getting to a final is a big payday for St. Johnstone and I wouldn't be surprised if the deal has already been done with him staying until he plays in the semi-final. The fee for O'Halloran plus the money for the final, should they get there, would be a good bit of financial business for St. Johnstone.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Would be gutted and we would be back to square one. He makes us tick. His qualities are second to none. Can't see past him and anyone else that we could afford would definitely be second best.

The only problem is, if we are recognising this so is everyone else. Can't think of anyone in the the mhedia who has a bad word to say about him. I've noticed he also seems to get mention and air time on Sky and BT when others like Ronnie bhoy get nothing, so he still attracts attention down south.

If I were King, I would be reviewing his deal and making sure he is happy, keeping him informed of what's happening at the club off the park, allaying any uncertainties and so on,  as I am sure he can see we have got someone who has turned out even better than King first thought. A new deal would need to be special as it would be different to make sure he has little interest in being tempted to return south. Ally's shares would be a good start as well as a slug of funds in the summer.

I don't think MW will be going anywhere until at least the end of next season at the earliest. As someone said earlier he didn't come up here just to mange Rangers in the Championship. This is a project and the chance to build something. This kind of opportunity does not come around very often. 

However he is going to linked with a lot of jobs, its a consequence of doing well.

For all we know, the Board and MW discussed the fact that clubs reckon they can hold us to ransom and hike up prices due to our historical 'generosity' to them. So MW agreed with them that sticking to realistic bids only at the maximum was the way to go this season to get the message across that we are not a charity any more. After all, he stated at the start of this window that 2-3 signings would be good but he was happy with the squad as is.

And MW is surely most definitely in the conversation regarding the values of players and how much to bid. Is it up to him? No, it's up to him and Frank and the Board. To exclude him from the conversation would be daft. He did say a while back that he is in daily contact with Board members and they're not just talking about which new posters to get for the changing room!