Harry forrester

PaulReid

I know it's very early and I missed the Morton game but how'd you think he's getting on and how will he fit in to the team? Position? Will he turn out better than what we have?

Looks to me like he might just fill a space till the summer with the 6 month deal? 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't really had that much game time to actually make a fare and unbiased view.  If wee Barrie played that more central role that he moved into during the Morton game then this would give Forrester an opportunity to also play.  Would mean that Zelalem or Law would have to drop to the bench.

I thought he looked good when he came on. Good on the ball, decent passing, makes good runs. The reason he isn't starting is because he hasn't regularly started a match in months, not because he isn't doing much in training. It is far too early to say he wont be here next season and he is the next Nicky Clark either, you could have said that about Waghorn at the Burnley game. Give him time.

3 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Just looking at him and his general demeanour on arrival, I formed the instant view that he probably enjoys a drink and a munch "if am not getting a game anyway, fuck it". Just (to me) has the look of kebab fat and stella puffing out his face a wee bitty (my opinion).

It's my belief however that he's a good player even though it may take 2 months to get up to speed and show us fully what he can do.

I could be entirely wrong about the lad but that's how I've called it, I reckon he's got a bit to go before he's up to the pace of it all and his appearances thus far are to help him get there. Seeing him chomping on chewing gum 2 games in a row is one piece of evidence which I take as an indicator of lacking professionalism, whether that's harsh or not is a matter of opinion.

All in all I think he's getting up to pace and in a couple of months we'll have an idea of just what he's capable of but until then don't be too harsh on him because he's maybe spent a good few months regressing prior to coming here to get back on track.

2 months to get up to speed in, effectively the 4 months of the season remaining (last game 30th April), doesn't sound great, tbh.

He's obviously no world beater but give the guy a chance.

Confidence is usually very important for wide players and he needs gametime to give him a chance of raising his level to a point where confidence may come. It's up to him to show enough by the end of the season to earn a contract.

One thing I would say is that I pretty much wrote Barrie McKay off as a player who could make it at Ibrox as he went out on various loans and couldn't have been more wrong.

Nobody could posdibly judge the lad given the very little game time he has had.

He has showed glimpses of being a player but also looks a bit rough round the edges.

We have to remember he hasn't been here from the start to buy into the whole ethos of the team.

We will just need to wait and see if he can quickly adjust to our style of play and earn himself a new deal.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Nobody could posdibly judge the lad given the very little game time he has had.

He has showed glimpses of being a player but also looks a bit rough round the edges.

We have to remember he hasn't been here from the start to buy into the whole ethos of the team.

We will just need to wait and see if he can quickly adjust to our style of play and earn himself a new deal.

Plenty are trying mate. Written off by most already.

22 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Plenty are trying mate. Written off by most already.

Nothing new there then mate,i'm sure plenty were writing wee Barrie off earlier in the season aswell.

I will trust the gaffer to decide if he thinks he is good enough or not,but as eskbank said,he should really have scored on Monday night.

He should stop chewing gum while playing. He looks like he's at a P7 disco tryin to get his first winch before moving up to the big school.

Other than that... I think he could fit in well based on positions and runs he was attempting. Morton were good at defending and counter attacking, and the whole Rangers team kinda struggled, so I wouldn't write off HF based on that game at all.

Let's just see....