Harry forrester

PaulReid

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I reckon Forresters performance in a central role spells the end for Law,would much rather offer him a contract than give Law a new deal

Law being very ordinary most of the time spelled the end for Law, but I see what you're saying. Forrester tonight showed the kind of player we should be getting in that position, and virtually never do when Law plays. 

Law's gone regardless, but a few more performances like that and Forrester's a stick on for a contract offer.

13 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Great performance and like others have said how did he not get motm. 

I like him even more because he wears old school black boots. 

I was just about to post about the black boots thing. I think most people over about 30-32 probably think the same. Not a big fan of the neon numbers players wear now a days!

also good performance and lovely goal from Harry. Keep up the good work! ??

19 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Great performance and like others have said how did he not get motm. 

I like him even more because he wears old school black boots. 

Motm for me as well closely followed by kiernan, I thought the whole team played well with the exception of Clark. 

Looking ahead to the weekend I'm worried he gets shunted back out wide because of the absence of O'Halloran, King and Waghorn. Think Warburton will go with McKay, Miller and Forrester up top. The other option would be to play Clark up front and drop Forrester back but I don't think that will happen.  A shame given how well he played in the middle last night.

21 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Looking ahead to the weekend I'm worried he gets shunted back out wide because of the absence of O'Halloran, King and Waghorn. Think Warburton will go with McKay, Miller and Forrester up top. The other option would be to play Clark up front and drop Forrester back but I don't think that will happen.  A shame given how well he played in the middle last night.

King settling in more and a far superior player to McKay. More pace, mor guile and more direct. Needs more starts along with Forrester, who has plenty goals in him with that abilty. Pretty pleasing all round.

23 minutes ago, iain1712 said:

Motm for me as well closely followed by kiernan, I thought the whole team played well with the exception of Clark. 

Clark was poor but was kept on to give him some more match time and the hope of a goal as he will probably have a part to play on Saturday. A late sub possibly.

He looks as if he's getting fitter, he really trusts the manager and he probably realises now that anywhere else will be a step down.

I thought some of the movement and passing last night was exceptional, need to brush up on the finishing though, lees spectacular more bread and butter.

Said a few weeks ago I liked the look of him. Impressed me even more in the 10 position as Warburton would call it.

He needed a run of games, he's had that the last two. He's worthy of a contract IMO. Think he offers more in midfield than most have this season, Holt aside, a midfield trio of Holt, Halliday and Forrester is unreal for Scottish football.

Some of his touches under pressure and in tight spaces were exceptional, always looked to turn and drive at players, make things happen. That's what we need (tu)

Well done Harry

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I reckon Forresters performance in a central role spells the end for Law,would much rather offer him a contract than give Law a new deal

Which then raises the hypothetical question; Presuming everybody is fit and available for selection next season and that it appears Crooks is being bought for the sitting midfielder role that we definitely will need in the Premiership,which two players will be the preferred other midfielders? Now obviously we know that Warburton insists that it's all about the squad being rotated with everybody seeing a pathway to being selected at any given time; plus the fact a lot will depend on what other additions might be in the pipeline,but at the moment we would be looking at Holt - Halliday -Forrester,then the youngsters like Burt-Thompson -Murdoch (if they keep improving) to fight it out for the 3 midfield roles.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Which then raises the hypothetical question; Presuming everybody is fit and available for selection next season and that it appears Crooks is being bought for the sitting midfielder role that we definitely will need in the Premiership,which two players will be the preferred other midfielders? Now obviously we know that Warburton insists that it's all about the squad being rotated with everybody seeing a pathway to being selected at any given time; plus the fact a lot will depend on what other additions might be in the pipeline,but at the moment we would be looking at Holt - Halliday -Forrester,then the youngsters like Burt-Thompson -Murdoch (if they keep improving) to fight it out for the 3 midfield roles.

Can throw Windass into that mix as well and whoever else MW has his eye on.Good postion for MW to be in though.

Played a blinder last night, was superb, looked as if he was blowing out his arse before he came off, suppose thats due to lack of games this season

Sure Warburton will see to it that he is fully match fit in no time

first time i seen him play you could see he was a bit nervous with his touch but definitely had the skills - looks like he's found the confidence fast and his work rate last night reminded me of that first game against hivs when we hammered 6 past them and our whole team looked to be on a higher gear. hoep he can maintain it.

20 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Can throw Windass into that mix as well and whoever else MW has his eye on.Good postion for MW to be in though.

I actually forgot about Josh Windass,mate! probably because he's injured and isn't in the news so much lately. It will be interesting to see what players we buy for next season AND where they are liable to slot in to the system.

Just now, Ozblue said:

I actually forgot about Josh Windass,mate! probably because he's injured and isn't in the news so much lately. It will be interesting to see what players we buy for next season AND where they are liable to slot in to the system.

Yes it will be a very interesting summer for the club and although slotting who in where might potentially cause a bit of a headache for the management it will be  a good headache to have to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Watching him last night and the way he moved and carried himself reminded me of another player but i can't put my finger on who it is!!

I'll probably get slated for this, because I've been his biggest fan, despite by my own admission, a poor few performances last season when given the chance.

But here goes...

Forrester is a fitter younger and on form David Templeton IMO.

Think Temps is on his way out, which pains me as I know there's a quality player in there. But everything Forrester does reminds me of Temps on form

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Yes it will be a very interesting summer for the club and although slotting who in where might potentially cause a bit of a headache for the management it will be  a good headache to have to deal with.

I always preferred having a headache with too many players to select from as opposed to not having any or limited options.I know Warburton likes a "lean" squad but we are too lean this season with not enough personnel to challenge the likes of Tavernier and Wallace, or the likes of Waghorn up front.