Officials Stand by red card decision

Big Al 55

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The next time we score a goal every players should stop dead in their tracks, then walk slowly back to the centre circle in preparation for the restart.

It really is shocking, I  disagreed with the other thread suggesting a precedent had been set, well it has now. I'm not sure if there is an avenue by which we can highlight every single instance whereby given the rules applied to us, other players who weren't cautioned.

Any official worth their salt would have said it was a mistake and asked the SFA to disregard the booking. I never thought the SFA could become even more amateurish than they had been for the last 20 years...how wrong was I?

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

all our players should do a clenched fist salute to the opposing fans when we score against falkirk. Every last man. We should make it a "thing" we do, and do it every game we score, to show how fuckin ridiculous this decision is.

Love it. If anyone says anything we just say it's in support of Black Power. If they send us off they're racist.

We need to out PC their PC.

Well done the SFA for taking a stand. The gesture was not only an act of instigating a riot, but it also had racial and sectarian meaning to it. Aren't we so proud to live in a country where the proper authorities look out for our wellbeing. We can't have our children subjected to a vile and heinous act as punching the air when your beloved team scores a crucial goal ... 

In the real world, that lot have lost the fucking plot!!! They may as well ban Waghorn for a few games for scoring 25 goals this season. 

Scottish football seems to be some kind of never-ending pantomine where the actors create a steady stream of ridiculous scripts.

In fact the 'Only an Excuse' programme shouldn't really need to alter reality. They'd only have to re-classify their programme under 'genuine dark humour'.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

brown_2076518c.jpg

155037-leigh-griffiths-against-hearts.jp

Leigh-Griffiths-300x225.jpg

article-2565518-1BBB620400000578-944_634

I00007TgRSeGc61U.jpg

2FA5EA6500000578-0-image-a-72_1451346212

lennon2_1879891c.jpg

article-0-0D719AFD000005DC-958_634x447.j

SNA0104FF-280_568888a.jpg

I really really wish we could get the fuck away from this fucking cesspit shitehole of a country.

Every single one of them came to mind and most of these small clubs run around the fucking pitch celebrating at ibrox before giving a little wave to their own fans!

at same time though it's a joke any celebration that stays on the pitch can be giving a booking it's an entertainment sport, there slowly killing it with PC bullshit

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

Have the officials actually said today or yesterday that they 'stand by' the decision?   MW was given that explanation immediately after the match.

i think it was post match. I doubt we will hear anything else - with no appeal, they dont really need to say anything else and we have no recourse

2 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Have the officials actually said today or yesterday that they 'stand by' the decision?   MW was given that explanation immediately after the match.

They stood by it after the match. I'm pretty sure they would have had a chance to review the footage.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

They stood by it after the match. I'm pretty sure they would have had a chance to review the footage.

They were always going to stand by it given that it comes down to a subjective judgement call.

Would be interesting to know how the official referee supervisor (or whatever you call them) marked the officials performance regards that call.

Has common sense and realism been applied ?...No

Would they go with the same decision if they could be taken back in time ?.....Doubt it

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

The club should instruct the players for the Falkirk game that when they do score they just to walk back to their own half with their heads down.

I would have had more respect for the officials if they had just said 'we fucked up'.

That would probably get a lot of media attention around Europe and shine a light on the SFA's weaknesses. They'd hate that.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

The next time we score a goal every players should stop dead in their tracks, then walk slowly back to the centre circle in preparation for the restart.

It really is shocking, I  disagreed with the other thread suggesting a precedent had been set, well it has now. I'm not sure if there is an avenue by which we can highlight every single instance whereby given the rules applied to us, other players who weren't cautioned.

Any official worth their salt would have said it was a mistake and asked the SFA to disregard the booking. I never thought the SFA could become even more amateurish than they had been for the last 20 years...how wrong was I?

They'd probably fine the club for bringing the game into disrepute.

If the referee thought the Morton fans were close to rioting then surely it would be in his match report.

Even two days later I can't get my head round this. Maybe it is time to introduce drug checks on referees as that clown was clearly not on the same planet as the rest of us.