Champions League Run 1992-93

BigBearAl

Nisbets goal as I was sitting Govan rear 2 and as soon as it left his foot it looked like it was in!? Hateley getting sent off was a killer, the game in Marseille was brilliant and greeting like a waen in the west enclosure after the CSKA game!

Ian Ferguson goal in Moscow to get us going too, sticks in the mind.

Have to agree, we should have been in the final and money was changing hands under the table. Otherwise we would have been there.

A mix of emotions, still very proud of that team, it had something special! Probably Bomber Brown who scared the shit out of every forward he looked at!

I can remember that after that season thinking we'd win the champions league in the next few years, we never got close again....but what a fucking season that was.....remember all the English commentators condescending comments b4 the Leeds games and we played them off the park both games...????????

20 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

I can remember that after that season thinking we'd win the champions league in the next few years, we never got close again....but what a fucking season that was.....remember all the English commentators condescending comments b4 the Leeds games and we played them off the park both games...????????

Typical of the English football community.  It was pretty obvious we were that bit stronger in every department but they still wrote us off. 

For me the biggest factor in that CL run was the fact that we never got to have the McCoist and Hately partnership playing together for one reason or another, I firmly believe if we could have had them playing together  a couple of those draws may well have been wins as they were unstoppable that season, and if we had gotten to the final, well who knows.