Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this. It feels like a substitute for the O'Halloran deal which would have seen us sign a good player with potential and a sell on value. Instead we've loaned a player for 6 months from Hearts. Very disheartening if this turns out to be the case. 

On the plus side, unbelievable name.

Personally feel this is a good deal, lad's got pedigree in this league and has had game time in the SPFL, next stage in his development.

What intrigues me is that Rangers seem to not only be setting the club up as the best place to be for young up and coming talent, but also looks like we're building alliances' whit in the leagues' again. Getting it right on and off the field and the cable that runs our game will be feeling the heat sooner rather than later.

Bonus is his name, inspired vision from our management team :clap:.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Jeeeeeezus. "Why would it?" :blink: OK lets never sign another player again that has a high assist and goals ratio because Boyd didn't perform well enough.

Thats nothing to do with the fact he was overweight, lazy, on the decline and playing for one of the worst ever Rangers teams under the worst ever manager. Cunt is well past it, look at him this season for Killie.

Past performance is not a guide to future performance.  Don't forget he will have to learn the tactics and players style and prove his worth in training and then probably from the bench and just when he's done that he's off back to Hearts.  Why send Walsh out on loan if we are just developing a Hearts player? 

2 minutes ago, RangersMind said:

^ much more happy considering it wasn't a loan. If King is any good then Hearts still own him. If he isn't then we should not have loaned him.

This might just be to ensure we get promotion but it doesn't fill me with confidence. Who will we loan next Aberdeens youth.

I somewhat agree with you with regards to loaning King, I'd have rather we signed him. I think he will play a blinder for us.

I'm happy to loan players from them, they're the only team so far who have acted with dignity and class in regards to transfers and business with ourselves.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Past performance is not a guide to future performance.  Don't forget he will have to learn the tactics and players style and prove his worth in training and then probably from the bench and just when he's done that he's off back to Hearts.  Why send Walsh out on loan if we are just developing a Hearts player? 

As much as I back MW to the hilt I do find this one a little strange as you have pointed out.Why put Walsh out on loan to bring in I believe a similar player in on loan. Im sure MW knows what he is doing but kind of bewilders me this one.

He's a young guy who was the best young player in this division last season going by the stats. He will fit in well. I doubt the MOH deal will happen now and I think from now until the end of the window MW will be after a DM possibly on loan until crooks arrives in the summer. Let's not panic and start slating people left and right. Let's look at it as we have signed a good young player for the team. Who gives a fuck if he goes back to hearts better?. Let's do what MW says and focus on ourselves. Don't worry about other teams. Let other teams worry about us

5 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Not sure how this boosts our team to push for promotion. An experienced dm on loan yip but another young winger struggling to get a game for hearts hmmm? Real strange

That's what we need, not a young winger on loan when we just loaned a young winger to another club.  It's even more baffling when Warburton said we weren't doing short term deals.

Just now, sammy cox said:

As much as I back MW to the hilt I do find this one a little strange as you have pointed out.Why put Walsh out on loan to bring in I believe a similar player in on loan. Im sure MW knows what he is doing but kind of bewilders me this one.

Because Walsh probably won't make it and isn't nearly as good as some think? IMO mate