Zelalem: 30th best young player in world football

Amato

The 50 greatest youngsters in world football

La Gazzetta dello Sport’s Luca Bianchin and Giulio di Feo bring you the best young players currently making waves in all corners of the footballing world

by  Gazzetta World Staff, @GazzettaWorld27/01/2016, 17:00

30. Gedion Zelalem | Rangers

His early years took him from Germany to the United States before he found his place with Arsenal, with the Gunners sending him out on loan to Rangers to gain experience.

The midfielder has already caught the eye with his technique and creativity, but he will continue to develop his game in order to improve in other areas such as his decision-making and his physical attributes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

These things are always ridiculous.

The boy clearly has massive potential though, that can't be ignored on here even if you don't t rate him this season.

Potential aye, i've not seen anything to suggest massive potential though, maybe this league simply doesn't suit him?

He's had a drop in form. He deserves criticism. That's as far as it goes.

The boy has talent and there's a reason he's been put on loan to Rangers to work under Warburton to improve. Only just turned 19 years old last week. 

But people know he's pish and shite and will never go anywhere. :belm:

3 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Potential aye, i've not seen anything to suggest massive potential though, maybe this league simply doesn't suit him?

I think he's a class act mate, it's all opinions. Considering he is only 18 I see a big future for him. But, as always that is largely reliant on the players commitment and work ethic. 

44 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

The only reason he's on that list is because he's on Arsenals books.

Anyone remember the next Bergkamp - Nacer Barazite? 

:lol:

And the only reason he's on Arsenals books is because he has that potential. 

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

These things are always ridiculous.

The boy clearly has massive potential though, that can't be ignored on here even if you don't t rate him this season.

Barry 21    113 senior appearances

Gedion  19    20 senior appearances. 

I'm sure he'll be much better player when he's got more miles on the clock.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

He cant pass a ball ten yards i lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away the other night.

Buy yourself one of these wee clickers that cabin crew use to count passengers then you won't lose count and it will give your fingers a rest.

There's a player in there not sure we are getting the best out of him.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Buy yourself one of these wee clickers that cabin crew use to count passengers then you won't lose count and it will give your fingers a rest.

There's a player in there not sure we are getting the best out of him.

He started of well but he's struggling now. Big Time.

2 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

There must be a world wide shortage of talent

He can pass short balls with the best but can't go by a player, can't shoot and can't tackle.

I bet the other 29 of those youngsters on the list aren't beefy tanks mate, like some people expect Gedion to be. 

7 minutes ago, RangersMind said:

I bet the other 29 of those youngsters on the list aren't beefy tanks mate, like some people expect Gedion to be. 

He's being out-performed on his productivity, in terms of goals and assists, by every other midfielder at the club who is getting any game time. That includes Dean Shiels and Nicky Law, who a number of fans do not rate at all. I don't believe for a second that there aren't at least a hundred young players worldwide who are better than Dean Shiels and Nicky Law. He may have potential (I think he has, others don't) but he is not delivering just now.