Rangers have the money... but we won't pay over the odds, insists boss Mark Warburton

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup lets not bid a wee bit more for a house, then go and rent one leaving us paying for something that isnt ours

I thought the reason we went for Warburton was his ability to work with our young players and make them better not just pick young players from other teams while farming out our own.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hold on, are you seriously saying that we didn't make bids for O'Halloran and Diagouranga? 

No, I'm saying MW definition of "losing out on a player" is obviously different to yours. There is a difference. I'm not saying I agree with his definition, however he obviously believes it.

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He says he hasn't missed out on a player he's went for, so yes.

the two players we've bid  for this window are Diagouranga and O'Halloran.

No, he hasn't missed out on a player he has valued at - perhaps he thinks £1.5m isn't a good deal for the club for a 29 year old. The point being, money is there to match HIS valuation, if he can't secure at that valuation, he won't deal - therefore he hasn't missed out.

5 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

No, he hasn't missed out on a player he has valued at - perhaps he thinks £1.5m isn't a good deal for the club for a 29 year old. The point being, money is there to match HIS valuation, if he can't secure at that valuation, he won't deal - therefore he hasn't missed out.

This 600k fairly tripled in price.

7 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

(tu)

Doesn't matter how many times he says it. He can say it till he's Blue in the face, the media and certain people on here just don't want to believe him. 

Should be in the Bears Den.

The Boredroom trolls won't take heed. They want King to put 30 million in a bank account for them to see. Value for money and Warburton's plans are ignored.

For us it's all about the Rangers, for them it's all about hating King and Murray. 

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

We missed out on players we bid for regardless of anything else. That's just a fact.

Or...we enquired about players and could agree a fee with the selling club as it didn't match our valuation. Which is obviously MW take on it, rightly or wrongly.

Fuck me why the negativity? Are the team playing pish football? Are we struggling in this league?

Rangers make a bid Diagouranga and maybe Leeds offered more to Brentford maybe the same. Its likely that the player was offered a wage by Leeds that Rangers couldn't match or MW didn't think was good value. Should the board splash the cash to make a point? 

I agree with his take on it, if we start  paying over the odds now  teams will ask for that wee bit more again the next time. 

It's ok saying, "aye but its not millions", but it's the principle of it for me, we pay more this time then the next time its not £100k more its £150k, where do you draw the line? Far better to nip it in the bud straight away and say we have a valuation this is it take it or leave it, why should we pay more than we think a player it worth, we do it once then every team will expect to get that wee bit more out of us.

Cant believe after all we've seen from the manager we still have folk questioning him and his methods, do you really think someone like him would be sitting at a club getting no support from the board etc when he could walk into a job down south?

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

The more worrying thing is Fannys like yourself seem happy at this .

Fuck off prick , the guy is a barefaced fuckin liar. This whole loan pish is embarrassing and should never have happened. King got the job by lying to the fans and its only a matter of time till the club are in danger once again .

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well if we are to take Mr Warburton at his word (and I do) then we never even bid for Diagouraga and the MOH saga continues. 

Well I know who's word I'll be taking.a man who has turned our club around and gave us our pride back.or some internet virgins who cream at the thought of the current board failing.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off prick , the guy is a barefaced fuckin liar. This whole loan pish is embarrassing and should never have happened. King got the job by lying to the fans and its only a matter of time till the club are in danger once again .

Dry your eyes hen.and go back to yer sisters bed.you want King to fail more than you want Rangers to succeed.that embarrassing 

20 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

i'm sorry, what are you in about a 29 yr old at 1.5 million pounds for :blink:

5 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Dry your eyes hen.and go back to yer sisters bed.you want King to fail more than you want Rangers to succeed.that embarrassing 

Genius reply ya tosser, King has been failing since he took the job. Taking loans to pay loans is only going to end one way . I care more about the club than any of the suits that constantly destroy us.