Taking loan player from other Scottish club..

4 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Maybe Mr Warburton wants the player but Hearts wont sell him, Maybe its a loan with option to make permanent at end of season, Who cares the lad is a Rangers player until end of the season that is all that matters

This

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well if your improving a player for one of your direct rivals then I would say yes. 

It might be too simplistic a view but I like to look at it as helping us this season and, if he's good enough in his 6 months here and Hertz don't want him, we buy him in the summer.

If he's not good enough, it's Hertz problem. If he's good but Hertz want him back, we just bring in someone else and trust in the fact that our other 10 players are better than Hertz other 10 so we'll beat them anyway. In the meantime, King, having been touched by the magic hat, helps take points off all the other clubs next season (but not us cos we know how he plays, plus the other 10 players, etc., etc.:pipe:)

My biggest concern is that, should he secure a place in our starting eleven and assist us to promotion, we'll be sending him back to Hearts, a side we will be competing against next season, a better player.

Warburton is evidently sensible in the transfer market, but this doesn't strike me as a sensible move.

3 minutes ago, thegummy said:

I'm more surprised that Hearts would loan us one of their first team regulars. Can't work out why.

Also, I'm glad to have him but that position isn't one of the first I'd be filling

Looks a straight replacement for Oduwa.

Look at it like this. If a team are playing to a system and a good/very good player does not suit that system, he will not get a lot of game time. If he goes to another club on loan as he suits their system, he will get game time (if he's good enough) and hopefully help the club attain their objectives and also improve his own game. If he returns to the parent club, unless they have changed their style of play, he will again not get game time so will be unsettled and ask for a transfer. The second club steps in with a bid. If it is realistic, it will be accepted. A win/win for both clubs.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

My biggest concern is that, should he secure a place in our starting eleven and assist us to promotion, we'll be sending him back to Hearts, a side we will be competing against next season, a better player.

Warburton is evidently sensible in the transfer market, but this doesn't strike me as a sensible move.

I think thats a very real problem and quite a sensible and logical worry to have.

There's a lot of hysteria about signing a player on loan from another Scottish club but most of it is down to pride, the issue you raise is a sensible concern to have

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think thats a very real problem and quite a sensible and logical worry to have.

There's a lot of hysteria about signing a player on loan from another Scottish club but most of it is down to pride, the issue you raise is a sensible concern to have

He is deemed surplus at hearts now. It's no guarantee, no matter how well he does to the end of the season with us, that he won't be surplus next season too.

7 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

He'll sign at the end of the season if he impresses. You could tell that from the boy's interview.

no sign on clause included in the loan....if he impresses hearts get him back a better player to compete against us next year

1 minute ago, bluchoo said:

no sign on clause included in the loan....if he impresses hearts get him back a better player to compete against us next year

After this we would still have to buy him out his contract as it will still have a season to run, so he will be back at Hearts as you say.

Even Neilson said he will be back.

5 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The other way to look at that is MW is giving him a window in which to showcase his talent.  Few good games and a money club from England may buy him taking a hearts player out of their team, which may heLp us.

Or we may have an option to buy in the summer as Hertz are financially challenged