Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

4 minutes ago, writingranger said:

what amazes me is that for so long we have been pilloried in the press, the suddenly we have this enormous power to bring down the press at will. Ridiculous.

I am not really sure thats the case. Its just that some people have overstepped the mark for so long they thought they could always do it.

12 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I agree, to me it's because they were not challenged for so long, they thought they could continually make up any old lies, shite and get away with it. No one challenged them, so it was open season.

That's why I can never get my head around Bears saying ignore, them, or pointing out the lies and challenging them is only giving them the oxygen they want?

They were, and are continually doing it anyway, where it could to the stage they thought they could print, post or say what they wanted, with no come back.

Anyone who doesn't see the damage the lies did especially around the time of ADMIN etc, doesn't really understand what all happened to us.

These obsessed, haters and their lies should be challenged at every turn, and well done to the Board, or the likes of PZJ, D'Art, Chris Graham, the VB's or whomever do challenge the lies these people spread. Hopefully a marker has been laid down now, no more the easy touch, no more lies going unchallenged, you will be held accountable for your actions.  

Chris Graham is a good example of the hypocrisy of these Journos, he lost his place on the board for his past comments, yet they think their past vile comments should be ignored whist writing for a respected newspaper

38 minutes ago, cushynumber said:
3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Chris Graham is a good example of the hypocrisy of these Journos, he lost his place on the board for his past comments, yet they think their past vile comments should be ignored whist writing for a respected newspaper

Indeed, freedom of speech when it suits.

26 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I don't miss the fact that, as usual, our lawyers get involved when it is a Director personally involved, not just the club's name.

Thought Rangers had a statement saying no lawyers from our side involved? Thought I saw that quoted a couple of pages back.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Thought Rangers had a statement saying no lawyers from our side involved? Thought I saw that quoted a couple of pages back.

Your right, all the club did was question his comments....as in who said it and can it be proved.

The paper consulted their lawyers

Good to see this venomous bitch is clearly hurting with the humiliation of such a public slap down. If ever justice was served its now following her crusade to demonise RFC and its support with all the vigour of a rabid dog. She's a perfect example of "new age tim" who's revulsion of our club is ingrained in her very dna. 

Although delighted to see this,I believe there are less prominent but equally damaging candidates working within the offices of HMRC who are also deserving of our full attention. I know the V B done an excellent piece on exposing these people but when the time is right I'd like to see the clubs legal minds go after this vermin. The very thought of these people taking satisfaction from contributing to our demise and going unpunished just infuriates me.

There's nothing in football could give me greater pleasure than see these people lose their jobs for their indiscretions and I honestly mean that. That said, thinking logically here the more we succeed as a club, the more we continue to press on and ultimately return them to their rightful place of second best in this country the more it's going to hurt. 

The fact remains there's a lot of unsavoury characters out there with a determined and driven hatred  of our club. Haggerty's dismisal should act as a reminder to us all that it's not a losing battle were fighting. If we as a support apply enough pressure then there's nothing we can't achieve in calling out these people. The fact she was employed by a national paper in the first instance is a disgrace and maybe it's whoever employed her who should be our next target..........just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Good to see this venomous bitch is clearly hurting with the humiliation of such a public slap down. If ever justice was served its now following her crusade to demonise RFC and its support with all the vigour of a rabid dog. She's a perfect example of "new age tim" who's revulsion of our club is ingrained in her very dna. 

Although delighted to see this,I believe there are less prominent but equally damaging candidates working within the offices of HMRC who are also deserving of our full attention. I know the V B done an excellent piece on exposing these people but when the time is right I'd like to see the clubs legal minds go after this vermin. The very thought of these people taking satisfaction from contributing to our demise and going unpunished just infuriates me.

There's nothing in football could give me greater pleasure than see these people lose their jobs for their indiscretions and I honestly mean that. That said, thinking logically here the more we succeed as a club, the more we continue to press on and ultimately return them to their rightful place of second best in this country the more it's going to hurt. 

The fact remains there's a lot of unsavoury characters out there with a determined and driven hatred  of our club. Haggerty's dismisal should act as a reminder to us all that it's not a losing battle were fighting. If we as a support apply enough pressure then there's nothing we can't achieve in calling out these people. The fact she was employed by a national paper in the first instance is a disgrace and maybe it's whoever employed her who should be our next target..........just a thought.

You mean Neil McKay who publicly backed her after her sacking? I hope Magnus Llewellin stands by the conviction and dismisses all employees who publicly backed the hagg.

Herald &Times would be a brighter place without all of them, Id imagine

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

F3e15fn.jpg

Would the Herald "throw journalists under the bus" if they printed truth and not made up pish?

The vicTIM complex is fucking staggering with these cunts,like schoolweans :lol: 

They weren't under a bus. I suspect he saw the back end of said bus and mistook it for Haggerty's face. 

Easily done.

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

F3e15fn.jpg

Would the Herald "throw journalists under the bus" if they printed truth and not made up pish?

The vicTIM complex is fucking staggering with these cunts,like schoolweans :lol: 

Herald wasn't so concerned about coverage "without fear or favour" when accepting that pathetic full page advert from the ridiculous obsessed last year, then capping that by employing a self-confessed Rangers hater with an HND.  Must admit that didn't promote "reader trust" for me - not exactly fair and equal journalistic decision making.  Neil is reeking.

The problem :  Because of easy exposure through anti social media, must we now hang on every word that is said?  People of no consequence now have platforms that are jumped up beyond belief. Worse than that, the so called News Media now contract this shit as easy, low cost copy.

Regardless of your point of view there, it is a sad affair that people give it attention. Being a dinosaur, they can print it it all on every cheap nasty dumbed down media they want.  Indifference rather than reaction is my view here.

The insecure like AH must always be convincing other people of their views. They need interaction.  Who gives them it?  Are you really damned if you don't answer these trolls? 

That type need to be loved or hated. They don't care which, as long as they get noticed, get attention.  Prepare for more press on a story about a story, with no real news. Then the tribunal which will not be news either but the same old story regurgitated. I know I am ranting here Bears.

I don't read the shit so I have no opinion. If you read it, then you have to fight it of course. It is quite noticeable that most will say they don't read newspapers. How many do facebook and twitter etc etc. Is one so much different from the other? Does it not have the same effect and purpose of pulling the strings?

If you open Pandora's Box and all that. Wonder what MW thinks of AH?  He doesn't. 

Not disagreeing with any previous view here guys. We all deal with our reality so do what you think needs doing by all means.