Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

Veteran Scottish journalist Robbie Dinwoodie writes: “…in 42 years in print journalism I have never come across a worse failure of a newspaper to back a writer than that of The Herald and Graham Spiers”

The isolationist aspect of Scottish Nationalism is reflected here, more boldly than the uncreative, uncurious policies of the tartan stripes of the SNP. The murder and global jihadist plot to destroy Denmark over a cartoon doesn't merit a recollection in Robbie Dinwoodie's awful blog. Nor does the Charlie Hebdo crisis. No, the Scottish readers sympathies should lie only with the sad, fenian bastard who posts blogs from a dark room and has the indecency to call this behaviour journalism. When that nonsense is swept aside and one of Scotland's biggest newspapers rids itself of 'writers' who belong to the propaganda wing of Celtic FC, we are to feel ashamed with our freedom of expression quarrels. That's why the SNP find common cause with these deluded, untalented wage-stealers. They are all drinking from the same cup.

29 minutes ago, thehost said:

that filth, written by mcmurdo, was a disgrace

he should be ashamed of himself

I hope his old boy has a word with him, type of shite id expect from rhabid filth pretending to be rangers fans like that twat johnjames

Was he still blogging then?

im struggling to keep up with all these fekkers

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

It hadn't already happened,  but I am doing it right now.

:541:

Al Capone will be devastated.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

that filth, written by mcmurdo, was a disgrace

he should be ashamed of himself

I hope his old boy has a word with him, type of shite id expect from rhabid filth pretending to be rangers fans like that twat johnjames

40 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Was he still blogging then?

im struggling to keep up with all these fekkers

McMurdo, the scumbag that he is, actively promoted John James on his global (stop laughing at the back) RSL Forum. Then when that folded, he actively directed people to the JJ Blog.  Now, not for one minute to I believe that McMurdo didn't know that John James was a deranged taig trying to sow discord amongst Bears and generally try cause as much damage as possible to Rangers. If not at the start, which I think he did anyway, he definitely knew, as did all sane Bears, when the RSL folded and he actively directed Bears to the JJ Blog.

What sort of supposed Rangers fan does that, how does the cunt sleep at night?

McMurdo has no integrity, no morals, no shame, and is quite rightly despised by the vast, vast majority of the Ranger support.

Love the Hags response.

"And that’s the key thing here, you have to ask who the winner out of this is. In this episode, it’s Rangers Football Club, but on a wider level it exposes the influence of corporate interests in our media. In the current financial landscape, that influence is ever more prominent. Take a look at the alleged influence of HSBC bank on the Telegraph’s editorial content, for example"

So we're not Sevco anymore and now we have the same influence on society as the worlds largest bank. We are that big.

PS and winnings what we do

43 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Al Capone will be devastated.

McMurdo, the scumbag that he is, actively promoted John James on his global (stop laughing at the back) RSL Forum. Then when that folded, he actively directed people to the JJ Blog.  Now, not for one minute to I believe that McMurdo didn't know that John James was a deranged taig trying to sow discord amongst Bears and generally try cause as much damage as possible to Rangers. If not at the start, which I think he did anyway, he definitely knew, as did all sane Bears, when the RSL folded and he actively directed Bears to the JJ Blog.

What sort of supposed Rangers fan does that, how does the cunt sleep at night?

McMurdo has no integrity, no morals, no shame, and is quite rightly despised by the vast, vast majority of the Ranger support.

Gotta be honest I've never read anything by the James guy and haven't heard anything from McMurdo since he last posted on here.

does he still go to Ibrox? Somebody must sit near him and know him

7 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Gotta be honest I've never read anything by the James guy and haven't heard anything from McMurdo since he last posted on here.

does he still go to Ibrox? Somebody must sit near him and know him

mate mcmurdo penned a piece in the defence of this bint and spiers ffs

It might be snowing outside but we have a small ray of sunshine that the Rangers fans have brought to the rest of Scotland that we can get organised and make sure the poisonous Rangers haters are unemployable and unable to continue the agenda of hating Rangers through every rhag and we aint taking it lying down any more If it is to be freedom to express ones opinion it has to be far all,and not just to spout your poison for your own agenda. Fuck off ya ugly hag by name and nature.

These inbreds don't seem to get it, if Speirs had made the same statement about a member of the Government he would have to provide a name and proof of said statement, not publicly but to his editor or the papers lawyers, obviously Speirs could do neither, which makes it deflamotory and slanderous, an apology has to be made.

Our board are unanimous in trying to stop offensive acts at Ibrox and this clown tries to undermine them with snide comments.

37 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Haggerty has written a diatribe today in a nationalist online propaganda blog. This was posted in the comments section and is probably the best summation I've seen:

It's a bit laughable the media furore hats happened post these departures.

Spiers wrote a story where he potentially defamed a PLC director and one which couldn't be stood up.

The newspaper rightly apologised.

Spiers 'semtexed' (an appropriate comment for someone who regularly eulogises over CFC and selectively suffers from cloth ears when their IRAoke is in full voice) his own career by contradicting the Herald apology, which was written by their legal team. 

Haggerty, a blogger who edited a book where Rangers fans were described as the 'Klan' and 'Nazis' and resulted in the author being described as being 'tarred with a sickening sectarian brush' by the largest selling national newspaper, decided to support Spiers and his potentially defamatory stort rather than her employer.

The employer, Newsquest, then had a choice. Keep employing an individual who's edited a book by someone who's a sectarian bigot and attempt to appease the readership of their two fiercely nationalist Scottish publications, or jettison Haggerty to maintain the journalistic integrity of the Herald and Times stable of papers.

Magnus Llewellyn made the correct decision, and should be congratulated for it.

Interestingly this appears to have disappeared from the comments section under the article. Could it be that freedom of speech isn't welcome by the rancid followers of the gummy giver from Penilee?

29 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

It might be snowing outside but we have a small ray of sunshine that the Rangers fans have brought to the rest of Scotland that we can get organised and make sure the poisonous Rangers haters are unemployable and unable to continue the agenda of hating Rangers through every rhag and we aint taking it lying down any more If it is to be freedom to express ones opinion it has to be far all,and not just to spout your poison for your own agenda. Fuck off ya ugly hag by name and nature.

Actually that's not true though is it mate, her sacking had nothing to do with the Rangers support, the only reason she was sacked was for supporting Speirs after he accused a board member of bigotry and couldn't offer proof of his accusation, it was only when lawyers got involved that Speirs was sacked and the hag followed.

It appears to me that the only time the board are willing to act is when one of there own get accused, but not one of them are willing to stick their head above the parapet when it comes to the support being attacked.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Interestingly this appears to have disappeared from the comments section under the article. Could it be that freedom of speech isn't welcome by the rancid followers of the gummy giver from Penilee?

They never do like to hear the truth.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They never do like to hear the truth.

Its like kryptonite to them. Still its good the sites there it keeps all the half wits in one place, much easier to keep an eye on them that way. 

I'm sure they'll keep up their diatribe but they will slip up again. One day it will end up with them having to try and defend themselves for the lies they can't help telling.

Neither were sacked because Rangers asked for them to be. Both were sacked for undermining their employer and Spiers for gross misconduct following his inability to defend an assertion or offer any context.