Fraser Aird To Vancouver Whitecaps ?

WeeJacksonRFC

Just seen this on twitter apologies if its already posted. 

VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Friday that the club has acquired Canadian international right back/winger Fraser Aird on a season-long loan, with a transfer option, from Scottish Championship side Rangers FC – pending receipt of his international transfer certificate and medical.

Aird will arrive in Vancouver on Saturday and travel with the team to Tucson, Arizona on Sunday.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2016/01/29/whitecaps-fc-acquire-canadian-international-fraser-aird?hootPostID=91bc9e78974061f575d373587267a305

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

With MW using Aird as RB cover for Tav, it's possible we have another defender coming in this window to fill that void. Either that or perhaps McCrorie will be stepping up.

thats what I'm thinking, maybe not specifically a RB but more a utility man that covers more than one position as our squad is really thin now. 

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

With MW using Aird as RB cover for Tav, it's possible we have another defender coming in this window to fill that void. Either that or perhaps McCrorie will be stepping up.

McCrorie is a centre half is he not?

Would be a great move for the wee man. Seems to be a limited player at the moment, but his attitude has always been spot on, so I really hope he can make something of this if it happens.

Would be interested to know MW's thoughts on who is preferred cover at right and left back.

5 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Young defenders are always more versatile but I've been of the opinion for ages he was a fullback.

Where'd he play in Spain?

Centre back that's what prompted me to comment but that could have been experimental and he's a natural full back 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Centre back that's what prompted me to comment but that could have been experimental and he's a natural full back 

At that age players shouldn't be pigeon-holed, along with MW wanting players to be able to play numerous positions. Depends on his attributes, I'm only basing my views on reports so I'll bow to your knowledge having seen him in the flesh.

I'm sure MW has something in mind to cover Aird in the squad whether it's one of the youths or another signing.

Best of luck to the lad at whatever club he ends up at. If he never returns permanently he has at least lived the dream of playing for his beloved Rangers and scored goals in front of big crowds.

Never the greatest player to don the Blue jersey but gave it his all and should be respected for that. :pipe: