Man of the Match

RFCRobertson

He got a hell of a bollocking from one half pissed Bear in the East Enclosure and his confidence looks shot to pieces (abuse from all stands..??) but I thought the blocks and tackles that Wilson made today played a huge part in our gaining of the 3 points...Certainly not M.O.M but important contribution all the same..for me Barrie Mckay kept going for 90+ and he would have got my vote..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, IbroxBurnzy said:

Just home and Barrie McKay for me he continually tried to create and had two or three men on him.

never Tav in a million years.

Was surreal in the ground when it was announced - no applause, but no booing (like Law last year v Hertz). It was more a gasp of amazement!

At least he had the presence of mind to put in that one, last, great, match-winning cross!

30 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Wes for me and probably best not to announce motm on days like these to avoid situations like Law (last season)and tavs booing which were embarrassing to say the least.

Today's attendance was 48,566 and we are embarrassed to announce that we were too pish to warrant a man of the match. 

Hmm not sure about that :pipe:

9 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Today's attendance was 48,566 and we are embarrassed to announce that we were too pish to warrant a man of the match. 

Hmm not sure about that :pipe:

Nae bother we'll stick to the booing then,but I'll guarantee nobody would have bothered their arse had no motm been announced while Taverneer would have been bothered by the shite he heard, though thankfully not enough to stop him setting up the winner.

24 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Nae bother we'll stick to the booing then,but I'll guarantee nobody would have bothered their arse had no motm been announced while Taverneer would have been bothered by the shite he heard, though thankfully not enough to stop him setting up the winner.

No player should ever get booed off their own support.Happened with Craig Moore alot when he was played out of position. Didn't agree with it then and still don't.

11 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

People just kind of laughed with bewilderment where I was sitting in the SJ. 

Same in BR. I honestly didn't hear booing but folk actually LOLing (is that even a word?).

They announced at half time that the 90 year old lady was going to be picking MOTM so in fairness most folk probably weren't listening! It was a shock because that was Tavs worst game for us (until the end).

Barrie was my MOTM. Especially in the first half. I also wouldn't have minded if Lee Wallace had been given it, he didn't do much wrong.

Och well it turned out OK in the end :D

12 hours ago, Inigo said:

I know. The Zelalem thing was getting on my tits too. People need to remember, even if they don't like his play, he's 18, he does his best, and it's MW that picks him. He can't very well say 'I'm no playin cause the fans don't think I'm any good'. 

I mean, ffs, at 18 YO I couldn't have dealt with the groans and jeers he gets on the pitch. People need to realise it won't help. Fucking 18 years old ffs. And to think we used to scream about young players and we'd be patient with them and all that shite. And it makes no difference if he's on loan, he'll still require the same patience we said we'd give young guys. A bit of slack to make mistakes and get things wrong.

And Wilson is another guy that seems to have been chosen to be a target for the groans. Even when he's not too bad, as today, the default seems to be groans. Gie it a break ffs.

This banging on about his age gets on my tits.  There are players who are regulars and internationalists at that age , if they're good enough that is.  There are also people fighting and dying at 18.  BTW...it does make a difference if they're on loan.  We shouldn't be loaning anyone unless they are capable of making an immediate impact.  I'm not interested in an Arsenal player's potential. If we are going to give slack to youngsters then they should be our own; I'd have much rather have seen Thompson come on yesterday.

As for the thread subject; that was the worst MotM decision I can remember. A poor performance from Tavenier. Not an easy decision to make as nobody was particularly outstanding but I'd have given it to Ball or Fod.

I'm not a fan of Zelalems but he done ok for the limited time he came on (yes his effort on goal was poor), anyone listening to Warburton interview before the game should know fine well that age in this team is no barrier or excuse for players, the magic man's own words when asked about Liam Burt were "if you're good enough, you're old enough" so the same applies to Zelalem,  the problem is he hasn't shown in most games he's started he's good enough. 

On the subject of Tav I thought the groans were due to how piss poor the game was and that no-one really deserved it!  After reading others views I would agree that Wes deserved it.

Mckay for me drifted in and out the game, started well but then faded. Looked out of place when moved to the no.10 role today.

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm not a fan of Zelalems but he done ok for the limited time he came on (yes his effort on goal was poor)...

I'm a critic of his in general but I agree with that. He wasn't bad when he came on and at least he got into position for his chance. He hasn't done that enough.

17 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Why does the motm award seem so important to some fans?

ive heard booing of the award 2/3 times in the last couple of seasons. I find it bemusing to react to it in such a way. 

Fans around me went a bit mental when it was announced 

This ,can't understand why people get so excited about this,trivial nonsense,who cares?,we won the game

thats what counts,for me it was Kiernan or big wes,but give it to the worst player on the park for all I care

booing and laughing wtf?

18 hours ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

Bit of a strange reaction to it from the fans though. Wee bit of booing, which is a bit unnecessary. Not exactly what you'd want to hear if you were Tav.

Thought this was really poor reaction for the lad.  Didn't think he had a great game but ffs, some of our support really need to have a word with themselves imo.

Just now, markem said:

Gutted about this tbh.  Didn't think he had a great game but ffs.  Some of our support really need to have a word with themselves imo.

I was more confused than anything. I heavily disagree with booing/laughing though. Tav is worth his weight in gold, considering his stats, we'd be a poorer side without him.

2 minutes ago, markem said:

Gutted about this tbh.  Didn't think he had a great game but ffs.  Some of our support really need to have a word with themselves imo.

(Didn't mean to quote myself^)

Totally RFCR.  Guy has constantly gave his all.  Have to ask yourself what that says to the lad when there is a reaction like that.

18 hours ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

Bit of a strange reaction to it from the fans though. Wee bit of booing, which is a bit unnecessary. Not exactly what you'd want to hear if you were Tav.

Didn't like the booing but tav was shocking yesterday.  Easily the worse performance he's had for us. Was never the man of the match. Wes for me but they don't like giving it to a keeper 

19 hours ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

MOTM is a bit of fun. It really doesn't matter a fuck who gets it and any booing you heard would also have been a bit of fun.

If a player got upset cause someone booed his MOTM award he needs to grow a set quick.

I'm sure Tav probably booed himself.

:wink: