Dom Ball

ready1873

Verdict so far?

I really like the guy. Slotted in well at LB early in the season v Greenock(?) and has continually performed well.

Stuck in outside his natural comfort zone today and done well.

I have no idea how highly Spurs rate the boy but I reckon he'd be a pretty good squad player for us in years coming.

6 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Verdict so far?

I really like the guy. Slotted in well at LB early in the season v Greenock(?) and has continually performed well.

Stuck in outside his natural comfort zone today and done well.

I have no idea how highly Spurs rate the boy but I reckon he'd be a pretty good squad player for us in years coming.

I thought he played quite decent today considering he was out of position in a complete new midfield 3. It was QOTS he played left back at, cause he won us a penalty when he got blocked in front of goal.

45 minutes ago, sergio said:

Thought he did well today, considering. Maybe sat a little to deep at times. not his natural position.

I thought that was his only problem today. He was a little deep when we were in possession but did just fine otherwise.

He stopped a couple of potentially dangerous falkirk attacks by using his pace to clear up loose balls. Far more defensively sound in that role than Halliday, but doesn't have anywhere near the same range of passing. He's a good option to have in that position for games where we need a bit more defensive solidity.

19 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I thought that was his only problem today. He was a little deep when we were in possession but did just fine otherwise.

That is good when we have full backs like ours though, Hallidays problem is some times he doesn't play deep enough. If he played deeper, it allows the centre backs to push out a bit behind the full backs, but when Halliday is a bit far up it leaves the centre halfs to cover the full defence. That awareness and positioning will come with game time though, never played there before.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

That is good when we have full backs like ours though, Hallidays problem is some times he doesn't play deep enough.

That's been true with respect to much of the season, however Andy has a appeared to be coming more used to the system and lying deeper in recent matches. He has appeared to be reading the game better etc. I think we still need a more natural CDM, certainly one who would play the position in a system that Mark Warburton likes it played, but Andy has been doing quite well there of late.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's been true with respect to much of the season, however Andy has a appeared to be coming more used to the system and lying deeper in recent matches. He has appeared to be reading the game better etc. I think we still need a more natural CDM, certainly one who would play the position in a system that Mark Warburton likes it played, but Andy has been doing quite well there of late.

Aye he has been doing decent recently. Sergio Busquets would slot right into this team.:pipe:

Young guy did very well today considering the two fuckin refugees from last year playing in front of him .deja vu watching Law and shields to day .get them to fuck and bring in youngsters like Thomson Burt Lyon in their place.they have had their chance.no more

3 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Young guy did very well today considering the two fuckin refugees from last year playing in front of him .deja vu watching Law and shields to day .get them to fuck and bring in youngsters like Thomson Burt Lyon in their place.they have had their chance.no more

Shields is he a new signing?

He did fine yesterday though it was clear at times the role wasn't natural to him. 

Only MW knows why our CH pairing isn't Ball and Kiernan. Maybe it is simply that he wants to develop the pairing of our own players rather than loanees. Whatever, it's be bemusing as again Wilson was a liability.