It looks likely that our former captain will be in the dugout as Kilmarnock manager for the cup game.

Gary Locke has resigned tonight after defeat by Hamilton. Hopefully Lee gets a good reception.

Strange the way these things work out... I am sure he will relish the chance at a coaching job and also a return to his spiritual home.

Best of luck to him in his unenviable task of keeping them in the Premiership.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best news possible if he's in charge.

That said for all he was done about 3 years ago and on far too much money - none of that was his fault. In the end his only crimes was loyalty and trying to hard despite being past it.

I don't hate him. He bled Rangers. Just wasn't good enough. Onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

They got a week to bring someone in, I expect they will, but if not I hope we give him the reception deserving of a Loyal Bear.

Fact of the matter is though, he's no Andy Halliday. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if the job was offered to Stuart McCall. Whether he would take it is another thing altogether.

"Former Scotland international McCulloch joined Kilmarnock as a player-coach in July. He has only played on one occasion, starting the 4-0 home defeat by Ross County on 22 August.

It is his first managerial appointment and he is to be assisted by Peter Leven and Alan Robertson.

Kilmarnock play Rangers in a Scottish Cup fifth-round tie at Ibrox on 6 February."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35452208

Let's remember he's another that bleeds blue...yes he made lots of money out of us...but he gave everything each time he put on that jersey..sometimes it wasn't enough but he can stand tall...unlike some of his other team mates the who so often hid like cowards while picking up their wages...all our legends made significant money playing for us but he knows what it means to be a Ranger, that's rare.

These diddy clubs tend to alternate between ex-Rangers and ex-tarriers as managers. They bring in over-the-hill Rangers or tarriers players respectively. After around eighteen months they get sacked and the board bring in someone from the opposite side for around eighteen months. Repeat indefinitely.

Just seen this article on him:

How that £6.2million was spent became a bone of contention for supporters of one particular website, with the claim online that the then 36-year-old McCulloch was trousering £72,000 a month.

McCulloch’s last season was, he says, “a nightmare”. “It was tough going,” said the boyhood Rangers supporter, who is “hopeful” of a good reception on his return, despite being booed in one of his final games last season. “Personally – and I know there were other players as well – but the rumours going about social media and everywhere ‘you see he’s on X amount of money a week’ [made it difficult]. I don’t know who was behind it and I’d love to have found out. Some of the figures that were being bandied about that I was making a week, I just couldn’t believe it. And I just saw it as people trying to make you take your eye off the ball. Rumours grow arms and legs. That was something that really annoyed me the most because it was so far from the truth it was unbelievable.

“I don’t know where it came from. I stayed [when liquidation allowed any player to leave if they wanted], offered to play for free when I did have offers – no matter what anyone says – and knocked them back, then it comes out the blue it’s said I’m earning all this. I wasn’t even [earning] a third of the highest paid player at the club. So a wee bit of nastiness there. So, so far from the truth it was alarming. There must have been a couple of people out there who gave a false impression.

“I don’t blame the fans because if you hear that you’re going to believe it. But I don’t have a clue where it’s come from. You had to put it to one side. That’s not an excuse. The team last season didn’t play well enough, they weren’t good enough. This year they are and that’s the most important thing. Maybe in the long haul last year was a blessing in disguise for the club. The club is the most important thing.

“When careers come towards the end and you need to move on, I look back with pride and a sense of achievement with being there over eight years. And I think it’s three Scottish Cups, three League Cups, three Premier Leagues and Third and Second Division. That’s the way I look at it – all positive. The slight regret is not doing the whole journey. But everything happens for a reason. The most important thing is the club and you’ve got to say it’s in a far better place than where it was – especially last year.

“I wouldn’t change a thing, though. I’m quite loyal that way. For me, I had the chance to do the right thing and I feel I did that. So no, I wouldn’t change anything.”

McCulloch sees the Dave King takeover in March that brought such people as Paul Murray, Donald Park and John Gilligan on to the board as transformative following the make-up of previous regimes.

“I know Mr Murray and Mr Gilligan really well along with Mr Park. I think I’ve only met Mr King once and he was fine,” said McCulloch. “He seemed all right to me but in general I think they’re genuine Rangers people and have the club at heart. Look at John Gilligan, a massive, massive Rangers man. Paul Murray used to go on all the Champions League trips too. It was the same with the Parks, Graham and Donald. So for me the club is in a much better place than what it was.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/lee-mcculloch-still-hurt-by-rumours-he-was-milking-rangers-1-4016416?

Big Jig becomes Killie Manager just in time for the cup game against Rangers

Rangers win

Instant timplosion and conspiracy ;)

I love it!! 

Jig does deserve a warm reception however, he came down the leagues with us like Wallace. He won us games and he was a good player but towards the end he just didn't have it sadly. 

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Big Jig becomes Killie Manager just in time for the cup game against Rangers

Rangers win

Instant timplosion and conspiracy ;)

Nothing about Jackie MacNamonkey selling his 2 best players to his pals before a cup final.

Pure Illuminati Knights Templar New World Order stuff at work here.