59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Jigs issue was he was paid too much, and played for 2 seasons too long.

If he'd left with dignity after the league 1 season, instead of (supposedly) renegotiating his very expensive contract to be less money, but longer and with an 'if fit must play' clause, he'd be thought of in much better light.

Unfortunately for a lot of good Rangers players, they were involved under Ally in the worst season in our history IMO. That's a stench that will take time to fade. 

Pish. He was he on the bench for both playoff games at Ibrox against Hivs and Motherwell.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sket said:

Would this be the same 'Big Jig' that walked off the pitch in a cup semi final laughing and joking with his wee pal Commons while we were trailing and had just turned in the most pitiful 45 minutes of football I'd ever laid eyes on?

Unforgivable. 

Aye am afraid that just done it for me after ma years of defending him ! :sherlock:

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Best news possible if he's in charge.

That said for all he was done about 3 years ago and on far too much money - none of that was his fault. In the end his only crimes was loyalty and trying to hard despite being past it.

I don't hate him. He bled Rangers. Just wasn't good enough. Onwards and upwards.

Jig was on a third of the money the highest earners were on. Players like Law who is scared of the ball and the pernamently injured Templeton earned much more yet dont get any flack for it.

2 hours ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

Any proof of this clause in his contract? 

Of course not. I don't think any footballer in history had such a bizzare clause. The people who come out with that shite are the same venomous liars who say Jig had a huge salary. All made up shite by no-marks who didn't like the guy.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Jig was on a third of the money the highest earners were on. Players like Law who is scared of the ball and the pernamently injured Templeton earned much more yet dont get any flack for it.

Both Law and Templeton get plenty abuse. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Of course not. I don't think any footballer in history had such a bizzare clause. The people who come out with that shite are the same venomous liars who say Jig had a huge salary. All made up shite by no-marks who didn't like the guy.

I've met him, and I liked him. I also didn't mind him as a player in the 3rd and 2nd divisions.

Doesn't change the fact that he was done as a footballer long before he stopped collecting a wage at us, and was captain of the worst side in recent history.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I've met him, and I liked him. I also didn't mind him as a player in the 3rd and 2nd divisions.

Doesn't change the fact that he was done as a footballer long before he stopped collecting a wage at us, and was captain of the worst side in recent history.

So why propagate pish about his contract?

Tons of nonsense was written about Jig. He was always a player with heart who tried his hardest. He was also loyal and never deserved any of the vitriol that some aimed him. Yes, he was over the hill and yes he played in a position he was poor in. But that's not his fault. He stood up to be counted and that's what matters. He deserves applause and his team deserve to be well beaten.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Both Law and Templeton get plenty abuse. 

About their salaries? No they don't. They are probably on 3 times the salary and continue to take one.

Show me a thread where they get slagged off for taking a high salary. What have these guys brought to Rangers that makes them worth 3 times a captains' salary? 

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No even gonna bother my arse replying to that properly 

take it in the spirit it's meant and don't derail 

I'm sorry not a jig fan,. The guy fleeced our club like the rest.

Yes he did sign over when other refused but he would not have got the same deal elsewhere at that stage in his career as he was utter pish..

Over 10k a week he was on playing against postman and electricians but I never seen him saying cut my wages to  say a more reasonable  5k a week.  

He could not play up front so Ally sticks him in the middle of the park and he's a disaster so he move him into defence where he was even worse.

I will never boo a former player unless it's those Rhats that jumped ship, but I won't be going out of my way to cheer him in any way shape or form.

Im going to support the  team I have supported all my life and would have gladly did what was best for the club.

No one can defend his wages for the performances we got from him, he was finished he was as slow as a week in the jail..

15 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So law a Tempelton were on 30k a week?  Because Jig was on 10k at least 

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

So law a Tempelton were on 30k a week?  Because Jig was on 10k at least 

At least? You clearly don't know what he was paid. Prove it if you can instead if quoting made up figures.

Jig gave an interview in the Scotsman stating that he was on about a third of the highest earners. Do you think he was lying? 

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

At least? You clearly don't know what he was paid. Prove it if you can instead if quoting made up figures.

Jig gave an interview in the Scotsman stating that he was on about a third of the highest earners. Do you think he was lying? 

Aye he was quoting his pals Ally wages

Honestly, some on here can get it right fucking up themselves. Cant imagine what it must be like feeling so negative towards anyone who was associated with the Club in the past 5 years.

Jig did nothing wrong, wasnt the best player, was shite his last 2 seasons but thats not his fault. Some of yous are sad bitter cunts.

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

Honestly, some on here can get it right fucking up themselves. Cant imagine what it must be like feeling so negative towards anyone who was associated with the Club in the past 5 years.

Jig did nothing wrong, wasnt the best player, was shite his last 2 seasons but thats not his fault. Some of yous are sad bitter cunts.

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

No one saying he did anything wrong, but he was well paid for what he did.

I won't be booing or having a go at him, I hated it when they did it at Ibrox even thou I wanted him gone as he was finished and the wages he was on could have brought in 2 players. As I said he did nothing wrong as we had to honour his  contract.,

34 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I'm sorry not a jig fan,. The guy fleeced our club like the rest.

Yes he did sign over when other refused but he would not have got the same deal elsewhere at that stage in his career as he was utter pish..

Over 10k a week he was on playing against postman and electricians but I never seen him saying cut my wages to  say a more reasonable  5k a week.  

He could not play up front so Ally sticks him in the middle of the park and he's a disaster so he move him into defence where he was even worse.

I will never boo a former player unless it's those Rhats that jumped ship, but I won't be going out of my way to cheer him in any way shape or form.

Im going to support the  team I have supported all my life and would have gladly did what was best for the club.

No one can defend his wages for the performances we got from him, he was finished he was as slow as a week in the jail..

100% this!!

1 hour ago, Willis said:

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Wow. You are going full blast retard now.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Even if he was quoting Ally's wages that has McCulloch on no more than 5k p/w. Not quite the 15k we were continually told.

How much has Templeton earned to sit on his hole for he last 3 and a bit years?