Jig Rangers Relevant

WCPRANGERS1

Talks about his final season and how the talk of his wages were untrue and was on a third of what the highest earners got.

Can someone copy and paste the article can't do it on this phone.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/lee-mcculloch-web-lies-tainted-7278197#27fI2P8UJTUxvGds.97

Never understood why jig gets it so tight on here for being loyal to the club and playing for free then reduced money. Aye ok he was past his best but the manager picks the team, he gave his all for us that can't be questioned. In a time when everyone was quick to put the boot in Jig was there, he stood by us. i hope he gets a warm welcome hen Kili come to Ibrox. 

42 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Never understood why jig gets it so tight on here for being loyal to the club and playing for free then reduced money. Aye ok he was past his best but the manager picks the team, he gave his all for us that can't be questioned. In a time when everyone was quick to put the boot in Jig was there, he stood by us. i hope he gets a warm welcome hen Kili come to Ibrox. 

I bet you still believe in santa.

48 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Prevalent theory at the time was that the manager did not pick the team with Jig's contract stating he played if fit. Why wait until now to deny the rumours about his wages - would have been the easiest thing in the world to deny it at the time and refute the numbers thrown about by producing a payslip. I know wages are a confidential matter but if he felt that strongly the solution was in his own hands. He was a loyal servant but hung around far too long milking the club while he could. This is not merely an anti Jig rant as he was not the only one but it sickens me when they all try to defend their own part - bottom line thay all got binned because they were not up to the job.

The nose and the tail of it is he personally, the first team squad as individuals and as a team on the pitch, the 3 managers (yes all 3 but the first 2 more than the last) all failed.   Never mind that they let themselves down.  They were downright abject failures.  They bottled it when they had the ability, experience and know how as players to have won promotion last season.   No excuses (I'm not having any Board stuff as mitigating excuses for on-pitch performances).   They failed the Club and the Support.  Its as simple as that.  

It's not a matter I think many Supporters will forget or forgive.   And that's also as simple as that.

I don't think I've even seen or heard any apology or attempted apology from him either.   Which makes it worse.   And that too can be added to the 'as simple as that' list.

Disregarding posts from misguided dickheads on this forum, Jig remains a hero to Rangers. 3 in a row, UEFA cup, the hour of need - he was omnipresent. A Rangers legend in my eyes, in the same way as Marvin Andrews is.

Have nothing against Jig. It is clear he bleeds blue but personally i'm more interested in the current team and how they are performing as opposed to excuses from ex players who are still playing. We need to stop going over old ground. 

If I was a Killie fan it would annoy me that Boyd and Jig have been in the press last few days talking about Rangers as opposed to focussing on improving the performances of Killie who have been gash. 

It is all about us though!

5 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

It's not that hard, he stayed far beyond the point where he was of any use to Rangers. Loyalty it may have been but it could equally have been that he simply could not get close to the money he was on at Rangers anywhere else because no-one was lining up to sign a past it forward now playing at centre back

7 hours ago, Sket said:

Disagree with blaming Jig in any way. Im a Rangers romantic, if you like, love it when a player really takes the club and support to their heart. Jig is one of those, there are many. There's something really satisfying about seeing a foreign player coming to the club and falling in love, Prso is a prime example of this, the guy would've walked on broken glass for Rangers FC. Sadly this brings me to the one prime example of where this went so badly wrong for me; (and I'm not looking to start another McCoist thread or nowt) I had a limited signed print of Super Ally on my garage wall, had it for years and always had pride of place on the wall. When he was handed the managerial role We all couldn't see it working, Ally must've had doubts himself, I wished he'd have stepped back and remained an assistant to a replacement experienced manager. I guess he just couldn't say no. Super Ally was a hero, legend, national treasure. Sadly we witnessed a man with no ideas arms folded and at this stage he should have stepped down to give HIS team the best chance but he chose not to, it's for these reasons and the subsequent wages beyond service that has completely changed my opinion of Ally. I feel like I hold my head in shame to tar our greatest striker but he just should've stepped back. My limited signed print is no longer on my garage wall, I can't bring myself to bin it but it currently lies against my garage door with no home to go to. Ally you let us down, in a way your just as bad as whyte and Green n all the others that lined their pockets. Jig, whilst being past his best playing days, tried to do what he could to help, let's give him a warm welcome back to Ibrox

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

And yet here he is, giving yet another story to the Daily Record.

If he had any empathy at all with the average fan he wouldn't be dealing with that scummy rag.

:lol: Clutching at straws there. DR is  courageous paper

20 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I wonder if any of those on here who were spreading shite about Jigs salary will admit they were wrong/making it up out of spite.

Slandering a serving Rangers captain. Low as fuck. 

Who is to say that Jig is not now making it up - as I said in an earlier post the answer is in his own hands - show us the payslip and prove what you did, or did not, earn.

9 minutes ago, Dubaijim said:

Who is to say that Jig is not now making it up - as I said in an earlier post the answer is in his own hands - show us the payslip and prove what you did, or did not, earn.

So you are calling him a liar? Charming. Will you be posting your payslip as an example to our apparently devious ex-captain?

On 1/31/2016 at 11:28 AM, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Perhaps if he took some responsibility for his failings instead of hiding behind "all the boards fault" excuse. We know that previous boards were looking after their own interests rather than what was best for Rangers but that does not excuse McCulloch's lack of leadership as Captain or his constant costly mistakes in defence. If he had shown the leadership he should have and stepped aside when it was clear he was both a useless defender and well past his best the team might have fared better but he was only to happy to play his part in the McCoist old boys club. You also forget he sucks up to the likes of Guidi and Speirs. In short he gets it tight because he deserves to for his actions.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So you are calling him a liar? Charming. Will you be posting your payslip as an example to our apparently devious ex-captain?

I am not calling anyone a liar but there are 2 sides to every story although I am questioning why it took him so long to deny the stories and merely pointing out that he could put the whole thing to bed by telling us what he did actually earn. My wages have nothing to do with it as I am not questioning anything someone else has said about them but if the scenario arose then I doubt I would hesitate to disclose all.