*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

I'd say keep Holt out for one more game, no point risking him when we have the cup game coming up.

or at the very least have him on the bench.

Zelalem to start ahead of Sheils defiantly, Shiels is a impact sub. I'd start Law ahead of Holt. If Law does poor then sub Holt on

Back 4 same as always.

Front 3, 

Waghorn, Miller and Mckay

With King and Forrester coming on in place of Miller and Gedion. 

1 minute ago, allgers said:

Still would rather see Law in that midfield than Zelalem, amazing how one poor performance in a underachieving day for the whole team  counts more than the good ones.

3 points are a must, Raith need to be put to the sword.

Was poor against Morton as well.

I would start forrester or King ahead of Miller if they are match fit think both did really well when coming on and think Miller is better off the bench. 

3 points is the most important thing but a good performance would be ideal as we was poor yesterday 

2 hours ago, allgers said:

Still would rather see Law in that midfield than Zelalem, amazing how one poor performance in a underachieving day for the whole team  counts more than the good ones.

3 points are a must, Raith need to be put to the sword.

Agreed, plus Law's game isn't and never will be a full on battling type of midfielder, so having Halliday back in the team helps players like Law push forward where his game can be effective 

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd say keep Holt out for one more game, no point risking him when we have the cup game coming up.

or at the very least have him on the bench.

Zelalem to start ahead of Sheils defiantly, Shiels is a impact sub. I'd start Law ahead of Holt. If Law does poor then sub Holt on

Back 4 same as always.

Front 3, 

Waghorn, Miller and Mckay

With King and Forrester coming on in place of Miller and Gedion. 

Raith game is far more important than the cup game.  We should go with our best team to get a result.

Fod

Tav Kiernan Ball Wallace

Holt Halliday Zelalem

King Waghorn McKay

subs/other players who I think might start or be subbed on: Forrester, Law, Hardie/Thompson/Burt etc, *Think Wilson will probably be rested until Saturday or else Kiernan or Ball

I'd do a wee bit of rotation for this game.

Wes; Tavernier, Ball, Wilson, Wallace; Holt, Haliday, Law; McKay, Waghorn, King

Reward King and Ball with starts. King for his goal and Ball for doing a good job despite being asked to play out of position.

Bring back in Holt and Halliday alongside Law. I believe that's our best midfield trio.

Move Waghorn back into the middle and rest Miller because he's played alot of football recently.

Well normally I'd go for 3,4-0, but the wind is going to be horrendous on Tuesday night and I don't think our players like the cold up here. So I'll go for any win, 1,2-0 would do.

Also, Sheils was shite at the weekend and I'd much prefer hi to come on as an impact player for Holt if he needs to ease into playing again.

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

King is cup tied, played for Hearts v Aberdeen in the last round.

That's what I was asking in the Falkirk thread last night, but I never looked back. He should be available though for the Raith game and he should start because he's lively and really want to put on a good show.

He jumps around like a speed freak.

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

That's what I was asking in the Falkirk thread last night, but I never looked back. He should be available though for the Raith game and he should start because he's lively and really want to put on a good show.

He jumps around like a speed freak.

Was thinking it was the cup game on Tuesday haha, my mistake.

1 hour ago, rfc1990 said:

Looking forward to this, first away game in a while. I'm working so won't get to Kirkcaldy until 7.25 when my train gets in, should I make it to the ground for kick off by walking?

Easily mate its 10 minute walk at most. its about the same distance as the wee rangers club to our ground.