*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

yeah and you are Pele I'm sure.

Tell me who this lad should be playing ahead of on merit? I'd love to hear it?

I just don't see the point in developing someone from Arsenal who quite frankly isn't as good as players we have on our books. Bar his first game and some nice touches here and there he hasn't turned up.

Your Pele comment only serves to highlight what I perceive to e immaturity on your part.  

So you seem now more concerned that we are developing youngsters for other clubs?  Loan deals serve to help both parties that is why we too send players on loan.  How do you feel about developing Billy King for Hearts?

We have no one in our youth ranks who is a better option at this moment.  I believe that is why MW sends players like young Walsh out on loan.  Hope that answers your question.

You pose the question about who he should be ahead of in the team as if there was a binary answer, there usnt. As MW says it's a squad game.  I would play him today for example at Starks Park but would not play him in the cup as we may reuire more physicality in midfield versus Killie.

Anyhow TV SETUP, printing ed and good to go, hoping for a convincing win but ultimately will settle for three points.

Lets hope for an improved performance as the last two have been poor when compared with Hibs, Dumbarton and first half against Livi. Noticed this as preview on sky's website: -

"Raith Rovers could hand a debut to Harry Panayiotou, who has joined on loan from Leicester City, in Tuesday's match against Rangers. Rovers match against Queen of the South was postponed at the weekend and the 21-year-old could plug the gap left by Mitch Megginson, who has joined Alloa Athletic.Lewis Toshney, Iain Davidson and Mark Stewart are involved after shaking off knocks but the injured Craig Barr (groin) and Lewis Vaughan (knee) continue to miss out."

Cue MW comments but, meaning no disrespect, there is NO WAY we should drop points to pish like them, high tempo and rip this no mark club a new one please. 

3 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Is Holt and Halliday back in?

If not we may struggle again, midfield can't really afford the 2 of them out at the same time (same issue as with Law). Zelalem is a passenger and the team gets a bit disjointed without the midfield presence.

Halliday is back from suspension and Holt had an injury but he should be fine for tonight.

5 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Is Holt and Halliday back in?

If not we may struggle again, midfield can't really afford the 2 of them out at the same time (same issue as with Law). Zelalem is a passenger and the team gets a bit disjointed without the midfield presence.

Don't see any reason why Halliday wouldn't start. MW said Holt trained but wouldn't risk him if he didn't feel he was up to it so I guess we'll just have to wait and hear the team news. If Zelalem starts we won't win 6-0, has about as much creativity and attacking prowess as somebody who doesn't have any.