*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Did I say get rid of him? 

Naw, tell you what though if we gave that performance (especially second half) under McCoist we would be hearing about it.

Hopefully thats the end of your wee pet zelalem, rotten again

Boy had a good first half.  Second half team performance was dreadful.  Surprised we came out so slow in the second after scoring late in 45.   Ally never had a few bad performances, we had three years of crap.

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Fuckin terrible performance ,nowhere near a team that can play against premier teams .every team would fuckin ragdoll us.thought waghorns display was fuckin atrocious .no penetration from midfield whatsoever,and I feel this league is far from  over.

Ye raging Ronnie ya wee bheasty bastard

1-0 brings the same result as a 5-0.  We are still 8 points clear (9 if you consider our GD as a point)

Winning leagues is about winning games like tonight.  Another tricky game done and dusted and now we can enjoy a weekend off.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

1-0 brings the same result as a 5-0.  We are still 8 points clear (9 if you consider our GD as a point)

Winning leagues is about winning games like tonight.  Another tricky game done and dusted and now we can enjoy a weekend off.

Killie in the cup isn't a weekend off mate!

Just now, kanjo said:

Well I am going to see us beat Kille this weekend....You enjoy your weekend off mate

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

When hearts were getting results like this last season people on here were waxing lyrical about them.

These past two games while not pretty are apart of winning leagues. We won't be awesome every week, we won't score half a dozen every week but as long as we keep picking up the points we're doing our job.

Winning ugly is still winning in my world. 

Holt makes a huge difference for us. We also have a few new faces that need to gel with the way we play. We're one more game towards winning the league.  I'll settle for that (tu)

Good professional game by us, score 1 and they come out from behind that bus they parked. Did not think our goal was truly threatened at any time and we were up for the counter. MO'H quiet but effective, Forrester took about 10 minutes to get up to speed with the game but becoming more effective as the game wore on. All in all, I thought the Rangers done well on a poor park that did not reward passing football and looked heavy underfoot.

Dominated possession

13 shots to Raith's 2

7 on target to Raith's 1

3 points and another step closer to promotion. 

What more do people want in those abysmal conditions? Cause no matter what players you put out there they were gonna struggle in them. But the boys got the job done and we looked solid defensively. Take the negativity and shun it up your arse. It was a great win. 

4 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Well I am going to see us beat Kille this weekend....You enjoy your weekend off mate

That was meant to mean league weekend, thought that might have been obvious but for the poor troll attempt :dioufcheer:

This is a game we would have lost or drawn last year. A tough place to go and win on a drab winters evening- especially when the opposition are playing to minimise the damage. I for one am very happy. We are showing discipline and resolve- and moving in the right direction points wise. Yes still a lot to do. But not even remotely comparable to the performances of last season.