Should we try and sign Dominic Ball?

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, The Rangers FC said:

Not sure of the actual source but seen this on Ibrox Loyal.

Dominic Ball says he is already planning on being back at Ibrox next season and expects the club to not only win the Championship but challenge for the Scottish Premiership when they're promoted.

I seen that too but never found a source, ffs rfc52

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I doubt teams would be eager to loan us players for next season if we're going to try and sign them permanently while they're here.  The club would probably okay it with Spurs first.  

Pretty sure that if Spurs want him then he'll sign for them over us.

Id take him. Made no more mistakes than Wilson and Kiernan have in games and if anything, has saved their bacon a few times with his pace. You look at the lad down south, Stones, for Everton, now im not saying he is as good as him but he benefits from getting first team football. If Ball gets that here he could go on to be a great player worth a lot of money for us in the future. Id do everything possible to get him signed up.

What i like about Ball, apart from his football ability is that, when we come up against the likes of Brown and a few other hatchet types. When they dish out the dirty tackles, he'll give it to them back in spades, something we have been missing for a wee while..

I like him and I think, arguably, he's had a better season than Wilson. However, I also think both CH's that have been playing would look better with an improved defensive midfielder in front of them.  I suspect we need added quality in that part of the team for the top league (not much though) so my only fear would be that if we signed Ball and are then carrying the three of them that we wouldn't bring in that added experience / quality that ideally we would like. 

Gasparatto will come back and probably be released so do we need any more than three CH's at the club? Could do with someone who can cover both full back positions (not Foster!!!!) rather than a fourth out and out CH. Not convinced Ball is the answer for cover in those positions. Saying all that though, if he's available then I'd offer him the option - push comes to shove I think he'll stay "darn souf"

7 hours ago, allgers said:

If he's wanted by Spurs we won't be in his way, if not he could be part of a young lean hungry squad that can only get better.

This.  Plus his value is only likely to increase.  If he is available it really is a no risk scenario.

I hope we sign him, along with B King.

This is the best time and chance ever for Rangers to sign great young talent like them.

Even MOH (25/26) said in his new signing interview (Welcome O'Halloran mate! He will shit all over the SPFL defences for us with McKay & Waggy - wet shite) he knew that he would probably develop and become a better player under our management & style playing in our team. I'm sure all the youngsters like Ball & King must know that Rangers are coming for next season & beyond and hopefully want to be a part of it.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

No we should have sent him back to Spurs with Oduwa he's not commanding enough to play at the back and he's not technically good enough to play in the middle.

And have what cover at the back?