More Legislation?

Scotland's First Minister Nicolla Sturgeon last night called on SFA and SPFL Chiefs to act following allegations that clubs are introducing sectarianism through selective choice of players names.

"Its not part of my vision for Scotland, and is quite frankly unacceptable", she claimed in a statement made by her office. This was backed by Rosie McFlaherty, Minister for Home Affairs, who added,  " We simply wont stand by and watch as all the great work we have done jailing fans for singing is compromised by the clubs themselves". Her colleague Meaghann O'Kelly, Minister for Cultural Affairs was outraged on behalf of her 10 year old nephew, who had been apparently upset by an incident at the weekend.

The issue is thought to relate to Glasgow giants Rangers, and their recent capture of young Scottish player, Billy King, from Heart of Midlothian. Rangers Manager Mark Warburton commented, "With respect, we were given an opportunity to sign a young Scottish player, and with respect to everyone at Hearts, we simply grabbed that opportunity". Others weren't so sure. Celtic supremo, Peter Lawwell was angered by the issue, " there's sporting integrity issues here", he asserted and clarified that he would be instructing Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster how to respond in the morning. Lawwell was busy last night acquiring the names of all Ross County players, club officials and all of their close relatives, in the wake of their League Cup Semi Final clash at Hampden.

Former Glasgow Herald journalist Angela Haggerty was less diplomatic." I'm pure dead beelin so ah ahm", sobbed the horribly disfigured hack, while fellow ex-journalist, and well known 'Rangers supporter' , Graham Spiers was too upset to discuss the issue having just witnessed Celtic's shock defeat." Its just not right", he mumbled, before being led away to be comforted by friends and family at an undisclosed location. BBC journalist Chris McLaughlan, who had spent Saturday afternoon hanging around outside of Ibrox Stadium, where he insisted he was "almost sure", he had heard some sectarian singing coming from inside, added that he was off to investigate this latest development, and would "probably be offended" by it later tonight.

Claims that Mr Warburton spent last night in London chasing the signature of promising Spurs youngster Finlay Blood were denied by a Rangers spokesman, who also denied emerging claims that Rangers had changed Mr King's name by deed poll last week. He further described suggestions that Rangers had similar intentions for another 10 first team players, as "ridiculous".

Assorted Press c. 2016

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I only twigged that it wasn't genuine at the Lawwell bit, I thought it was genuine up to that point.

It was the hag bit when I twigged purely because the papers tend to put things slightly more eloquently than what she would actually say! Even the Lawwell bit was believable! :lol: