Part of the reason that Warbs got the job?

Thermopylae

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I think perhaps unique in football management he knows the value of money because of his financial backgound and so will not just fritter away millions on players who just aren't worth it 

(Strangely enough I was going to post something similar over the weekend).

Agreed - and while his primary job is the team - I fully expect that working to a budget, understanding what monies and levels of investment were available to him were a big and ongoing part of the discussions. He seems a clever man and happy to understand and work within the financial straits of the club - he will also be able to more than hold his own in any financial discussion the board wish to have. 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I like his approach but I hope he isn't overly prudent and losing out on players for the sake of a couple of hundred grand

He will still realise that the results have to be right on the park for him to keep his job but all transfer deals in the future will suit us which of curse is the best way to ensure long term success 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

He will still realise that the results have to be right on the park for him to keep his job but all transfer deals in the future will suit us 

hopefully mate and I'm sure he will realise that expectation levels here are far higher than Brentford I just hope he gets a proper transfer kitty in the summer as bargain basement wont be enough to win the title imo,bit disappointed losing out on Diagouraga but he probably did go for too much money in the end

11 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Not to take anything away from MW but credit for our financial management and transfer strategy should also go to the likes of Robertson, Dickson, McParland and the board in general. Even MW has mentioned that.

I think the key is we can see the various aspects of the club are working and we are showing common sense. If you have everyone trusting each other to do their jobs you're going to have a productive environment.

still waiting for the smear campaign of big bad Rangers stealing players.

It has to be like this until we start earning 'big' money in Europe and winning cups.

Sponsorship will be well improved if all that happens but I still don't expect MW to throw the cash around even when there's more in the coming years.

23 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

hopefully mate and I'm sure he will realise that expectation levels here are far higher than Brentford I just hope he gets a proper transfer kitty in the summer as bargain basement wont be enough to win the title imo,bit disappointed losing out on Diagouraga but he probably did go for too much money in the end

There has to be some come and go between him and DK ... hopefully there is enough mutual respect there for them to find the balance that works 

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

It has to be like this until we start earning 'big' money in Europe and winning cups.

Sponsorship will be well improved if all that happens but I still don't expect MW to throw the cash around even when there's more in the coming years.

Agree with this. Until we have sustainable revenue streams we aren't going to be going to 7 figures. It's all a matter of common sense.

28 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Not to take anything away from MW but credit for our financial management and transfer strategy should also go to the likes of Robertson, Dickson, McParland and the board in general. Even MW has mentioned that.

I think thats what I like about the current set up - Between King and MW they are really providing leadership to the club - moving it strategically and hiring great people and doing it very professionally. While its not a Souness like impact I think the effects of the current leadership will provide something 'Struthesque' in terms of building blocks for a long terms, sucessfull future. 

to think of the millions MCoist wasted on absolute shite aswell,Warburton could've worked wonders with the millions wasted on pish like Templeton,Kyle,Cribari,Sandaza etc etc etc and we're still lumbered with shite like Shiels,Clark.Bell and Templeton the sooner all of these players and his disastrous reign are a distant memory the better just thankful we're still not paying that charlatan,

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

to think of the millions MCoist wasted on absolute shite aswell,Warburton could've worked wonders with the millions wasted on pish like Templeton,Kyle,Cribari,Sandaza etc etc etc and we're still lumbered with shite like Shiels,Clark.Bell and Templeton the sooner all of these players and his disastrous reign are a distant memory the better just thankful we're still not paying that charlatan,

Lets be honest do you honestly think that MW and DW would have came to Rangers when we where put into the bottom tier of Scottish football?? 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

:005:

I doubt any manager would have succeeded under the abominations we called boards the last few years. I also doubt, even the great MW, could convince English League 1/Championship players to up roots just to come and play in the fourth tier of Scottish football.

But congratulations on bringing McCoist into a thread commending MW. Never gets old. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Lets be honest do you honestly think that MW and DW would have came to Rangers when we where put into the bottom tier of Scottish football?? 

Can you imagine if they had? What a waste of talent with the board we had they'd have walked for sure.

its actually the one thing McCoist did well, if we had 3/4 managers during that period we probably wouldn't have made the championship.

Perhaps the board have also finally recognised that multi millions don't have to be spent to beat the scum and win a league which apart from one team is made up of teams put together for a few hundred thousand if that.If theres still doubters out there well surely yesterdays scoreline proves that even with multi millions on the park you can still be humbled by a team that cost how much?. Yes it was a one off game but as MW says every game is a one off.Get a game out the way move on to the next.Consistency is whats required and that consistency can be gained without the need to spend multi millions.If the sheep had showed any consistency they would be clear of that shower weeks ago.Perhaps in MW the board have found a manager that can achieve what we all desire and without the need to fritter millions.We have a good bit to go but with W&W we are heading in the right direction.Theres plenty of hard work still ahead but im sure we are heading back to where we belong at last.

1 hour ago, bluenosebrad said:

Dw possibly, MW not sure.  What do you think they could have done with the 21m spent by the gardener?  

22 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Mark Warburton has a vision; something this club has lacked for quite a long time. He is building a team that will hopefully bring a great deal of success to Rangers, and will hopefully leave a long term legacy one day in terms of a football style etc.

MW will be our SAF, not in terms of longevity,although that would be nice too. But in terms of building a legacy of attacking, passing, attractive football, plus a winning mentality.