Welcome to Rangers, Michael O'Halloran

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks genuinely happy to be here. Compare his press conference to that turn coat allan's and it's night & day. Welcome aboard son I hope you you grab this opportunity with both hands at the world's most successful football club!!!

33 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Stats can be misleading at times. He has not always played as an out and out striker so far as I'm aware, so comparisons with Barrie McKay would be most appropriate. I think he's had 10 assists this season too and during his St Johnstone career, going back to 2014 he has a better goal ratio than Neil McCann and many others. Again though, stats can be twisted to suit anyone and anything. The proof will be in the pudding.

One thing is for sure, Warburton rates this guy, And on top of that, O'Halloran seems excited to come here, speaks well and he looks a very exciting player. A very Mark Warburton player and character. Some of the clips posted shows he has real pace, creativity, can assist, score, pass, cross and used correctly, which he no doubt will be, he could be a devastating acquisition. The thought of O'Halloran, McKay, Waghorn, King, Holt, Halliday, Miller, Forrester all rotating, interchanging, linking up all at pace with Wallace and Tav bombing forward is frightening! Genuinely can't wait.......

I am sure MW knows what he is doing, I just seen that we seem to be making a lot of chances, just not converting and thought he may of had a higher goal ratio.

3 minutes ago, Briton said:

Nice one.  Didn't think it was going to happen for a while there.

The 25-year-old said:

“This is a massive step-up for me, everybody knows about Glasgow Rangers and how big a football club they are.”

:ohmy:

MOH is going to thrive here at Ibrox. I cant believe Tommy Wright expected him to go though. When he was up for transfer at the beginning, did st jonstone no set up a replacement of Kilmarnock I think. Then after they rejected the second offer, they laid up the transfer. So I reckon Tommy Wright must be fucked off with the board at Perth for the last minute deal. Any way so what.

Welcome Michael.

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I remember Sir Alex saying that he always looked to buy players that did well against his teams also.

We have been doing it forever mate, Fergie gets a lot of undue praise for things he never invented.

He just did what tons of other managers did before him ........ with the cash to back it up of course, it becomes easy ........ nothing clever in that as it's common sense really.

:uk:

Welcome to our wonderful club. Give 100% and the fans will love you. Another piece in place.

Warburton is really building something here, next season will be very exciting to watch. 

If the beggars are daft enough to keep Ronnie then the gap is closing quickly. 

Really did not want him 'til I seen the comments of the Johnny Bag supporters.  The way they are talking, O'Halloran would have been there for 20 minutes thanking everyone.

Maybe he'd remember them if he was not playing in front of 20 people every week?

Delights me to absolutely no end that this transfer is causing them so much anxiety.  We are on our way back and they do not like it.

On a side note, I feel so sorry for that wee fan who was crying!

10 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Just seen that he had 10 assists in 19 starts for St Johnstone this season, not bad.

Yeah defo. It seems he scored more last season playing more up top and has assisted more this season by playing less up top. Seems logical. You even see from a lot of his goals he's coming from a deeper position. However for those against him they ignore his goal return last season, and overall goal return since 2014 as well as his assists this season and try to show his stats in their worst possible light IMO. As I've said before though you should always take stats with a pinch of salt.

Overall he appears to be a proven goal scorer and creator in the SPFL these past few seasons so at a rumoured 300k plus add ons it seems pretty decent value.