Strong enough to win the league?

NeoGeo7

9 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Did you quote the wrong post or something? I never suggested anywhere that Warburton and Weir not knowing or being able to fix our defensive short comings. My point was we won't get away with the defensive lapses against the top 6, I fully expect Warburton to improve us in this department for next season.

Got the right quote theclothmonster, you have a point but six months down the line if we are having defensive problems we have a full preseason to work it out and I expect Warburton and Weir will have plenty of options, far more than they had in this transfer window. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we are going to get away with some of the gilt edged opportunities teams have been getting against us when we meet Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts etc? As much as I despise the rancid wee fuck you cant really compare Griffiths to the dross that plays for Falkirk, Morton etc.

And are you suggesting that we give up easier chances than Killie, Ross County, Dundee Hivs, etc.? The top Premiership sides are showing that they are no more effective in front of goal than the teams we are playing this season, in most cases, they are actually worse. Using the one decent striker in that league as a reference point is nonsense.

23 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

And are you suggesting that we give up easier chances than Killie, Ross County, Dundee Hivs, etc.? The top Premiership sides are showing that they are no more effective in front of goal than the teams we are playing this season, in most cases, they are actually worse. Using the one decent striker in that league as a reference point is nonsense.

Yup you're totally right what was I thinking? The dross in this league we've been facing are just as good as Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts.

7 hours ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

I agree, I love Billy king already but at the moment O halloran is the better player, however King billy still has a few years to catch up.

King has a few months to catch up or he'll be back playing for Hearts next season.  I doubt we'll buy King in the summer if he isn't better than what we already have.

10 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Because they didn't think we were going to be as good as what we were. 

Hence, we surprised them. 

Hibs fielded a couple of 18 year olds that day.  Their main man Allan only played 30mins because of the ongoing transfer saga.  At that stage the hadn't yet signed McGinn, McGregor, or the two guys from Celtic.  Our win that day had fuck all to do with 'surprise'.  They were forced to feild a weakend side and we punished them for it.

No two ways about it Hivs have a good team now, I reckon they'd be battling for 4th/5th in the spl. At the minute we're very similar, although I believe we have more potential, but we're also capable of blowing more hot n cold than hivs. Could be decided in the last couple of games.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They played one 18 year old in Martin. Forster is 22!!!

Oxley, Fontaine, Hanlon, Gray, Fyvie, Stanton, Stevenson, Cummings and Malonga all started. You make it seem like they played some absolute garbage starting 11 that day. We played with a man down with Templeton and were a new team playing our first game together whilst they had an 11 that had much more experience together bar one kid, they were also playing at home!

Previously you mentioned we were lucky in the 1-0 win, which is slightly true, but it's convenient that you didn't state Hibs were very lucky to beat us 2-1 in Edinburgh. You seem to believe they deserved the win on that occasion, which is totally wrong, bad finishing and horrible referring caused us a victory that day. 

We've played Hibs four times, beat them convincingly twice. Won 1-0 in a close match and lost one at Easter road that was undeserved. You're acting like we've been lucky against them, ffs, couldn't be further from the truth!

Compared to what they have now it was a weak side.  I can't see us going up there again and beating their current team 6-2.  Someone said we only beat them in the Petrofac Cup due to a surprise factor which I don't agree with.  We gubbed them that day because they were a poor side, which has since strengthened and improved.  I never seen their 2-1 so can't really comment on it.  I don't think Hibs are a better team but they are capable of putting a run together and beating us in a one off game.  Hopefully they'll drop a few more points this month and that'll be the end of their chances for automatic promotion.

I had a look at the SPL table earlier. Once I had stopped laughing at Dundee Hivs plight (took a good 10 mins), isn't karma a fucking bitch eh?

Then  I noticed that Ross Co in 4th have lost 11 games of 24 played. Surely we can target to be 4th even with the squad we have right now. If we get 6 replacements, we can compete among top 4. No problem.

17 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

I had a look at the SPL table earlier. Once I had stopped laughing at Dundee Hivs plight (took a good 10 mins), isn't karma a fucking bitch eh?

Then  I noticed that Ross Co in 4th have lost 11 games of 24 played. Surely we can target to be 4th even with the squad we have right now. If we get 6 replacements, we can compete among top 4. No problem.

"Target to be 4th!"

You're at it! You have to be!

With the squad we have now we should surely be looking to win the league not settle for 4th...fuck me!

They are absolutely rank rotten and with the way they performed in a cup semi and with their shite signings, the Man city boy aside, you still think we should be happy with 4th!?!?!

Not saying it will be easy but we should be there or there abouts not content with being 4th. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Compared to what they have now it was a weak side.  I can't see us going up there again and beating their current team 6-2.  Someone said we only beat them in the Petrofac Cup due to a surprise factor which I don't agree with.  We gubbed them that day because they were a poor side, which has since strengthened and improved.  I never seen their 2-1 so can't really comment on it.  I don't think Hibs are a better team but they are capable of putting a run together and beating us in a one off game.  Hopefully they'll drop a few more points this month and that'll be the end of their chances for automatic promotion.

We dont have to beat them 6-2... 1-0 will suffice.

Hibs are dead pyoor  brilliant Sos they ur.  When we (if we) come up against the sphell clubs next season we will dead sure get gubbed v cause this is the SPL, a league full of world superstars.  Our only consolation  is that by next season many of these dead brilliant stars will be playing for Barcelona, REALLY madrid, Man. UNITED AND Chelsea cause they are dead pyoor magic and we're pyoor shite.

Some posters on here need a long hard look at what country we are playing in.

Onwards and upwards and No Surrender.

so far this season we haven't had a balanced attack.

most of our tika taka is concentrated on the left quadrant - midfielders feeding Mckay and Wallace, using their pace and interchange to get past the defence.

teams know this, allowing them to pack that quadrant especially around the 18 yard line - making it very difficult to break down.

with MO'H on the right side, he can do the same thing with Tav as we are doing on the left side.

this balanced the attack is critical because teams can no longer afford the luxury of packing the left quadrant because the right side will be too exposed.

aye, Wags has been effective from the right but with a different style - more individualistic, which is great once in a while to mix things up a bit.

so i think Warbs is gonna keep MO'H on the right then occasionally switch him to the middle with Wags going out on the wing.

i think we will see a lot less of McKay with Forrester and King around. He's got difficulty against the hard cunts, and his fucking corners are woeful - too high, no pace and poor location = no threat. Tav should be taking them from the left side.

Andy's preferred position is more up front but i'd keep him there because i think we need a player with great one touch and flicks around the 18 yard area to set up the lads with pace running into the channels. Gedion has the skill and vision but he's scared as fuck so i'd give the job to Holt - our wee Iniesta.

Miller subbing Wag on the 60 min mark, playing the same role but switching to the left side instead of the right once in a while to change things up. 

win the league this year?

easy peasy.

9 hours ago, Irn Blu said:

"Target to be 4th!"

You're at it! You have to be!

With the squad we have now we should surely be looking to win the league not settle for 4th...fuck me!

They are absolutely rank rotten and with the way they performed in a cup semi and with their shite signings, the Man city boy aside, you still think we should be happy with 4th!?!?!

Not saying it will be easy but we should be there or there abouts not content with being 4th. 

We won't win it first season back I can guarantee you that. Would be happy if you quoted this post to laugh at me on the 30th of May 2017 though...